IGNORED

Let That Be A Warning

Welcome To The Jungle

Complacency or fatigue? We've got a very high energy game at the moment pressing about 70% of the pitch and playing quick break, I think it probably is a close call for being fully recovered in 2-3 days.

Definitely think the fans need to keep a lid on the expectation, the longer before that creeps in the better IMO.

Completely agree. I was worried before the game, a point after the shift they put in on Saturday is tremendous. The effort they have put in over the course of this revival was and is bound to catch up with them. McInnes hinted at some changes for saturday depending on how the players look this week in training.

I'm all for people being positive but all the talk of the play-offs is far too premature. I think even McInnes said something like "talk of the Play-Offs is simply foolish". Lets just make sure we are safe, then look at where we can go eh? Raising the expectation just makes things even tougher.

Fantastic effort by the players and encouraging that we managed to get a result against an in-form team, without performing particularly well.

What's all this talk about Albert being knackered?

Had over three days to recover from Saturday, ive ran further than him since then as well as hold down a full time Job and look after 2 kids under 6! Tired what a crock of shite....

Maybe it was just a bad day at the office and nothing to do fitness.

Maybe he should have better fitness but he was definately tired. The energy to keep balls in that he normally would was not there.

<br />We where lucky today.<br /><br />Long may the honeymoon continue before the lazy overpaid spoiled bastards goes for a cheaper chick.<br /><br />Not joking I'm afraid.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Are you for real? You must have a bloody good view from there. Those that were there would not site laziness as a factor. I'm sure you'll back this up with further gibberish but maybe you ought to step back from these self important posts that that keep coming from you.

Maybe he should have better fitness but he was definately tired. The energy to keep balls in that he normally would was not there.

Well if he was tired which seems to be the gereral vibe from people who were there then surely the bloke needs to work on his fitness. So what are we saying, he needs a week between matches to recover?

Am I being harsh? Surely 3 days is plenty of time to recover from the previous match for a professional athlete!

I still love you Albert just work on your endurance training....

Well if he was tired which seems to be the gereral vibe from people who were there then surely the bloke needs to work on his fitness. So what are we saying, he needs a week between matches to recover?

Am I being harsh? Surely 3 days is plenty of time to recover from the previous match for a professional athlete!

I still love you Albert just work on your endurance training....

Are you having a laugh? Albert runs more than any other player! he runs himself into the ground every game!

He is only human and it would'nt surprise me if he's tired!

Are you having a laugh? Albert runs more than any other player! he runs himself into the ground every game!

He is only human and it would'nt surprise me if he's tired!

No Im not 'aving a laugh'

Let me ask you Riaz do you train/run? I know average joes that run 40 miles a week and they also have regular jobs/lifes to maintain and they don't seem tired.

Maybe Im alone in this but I just don't see why a professional athlete whos payed to be in tip top condition can't play two matches in 4 days, regardless of how much running they do during the match.

Maybe if we were approaching the end of the season then you may have a point.

Let me ask you Riaz do you train/run? I know average joes that run 40 miles a week and they also have regular jobs/lifes to maintain and they don't seem tired.

Maybe Im alone in this but I just don't see why a professional athlete whos payed to be in tip top condition can't play two matches in 4 days, regardless of how much running they do during the match.

Oh my god, your serious :laughcont:

your talking out of your backside, the amount of work he has put in he's only human that he got tired stop having ago for having ago's sake

Average Joes do not competre against other top sporting proffesionals. Albert is all about pace and power, competely different ot slowish plodding endurance runners. Physically it takes out alot more from your energy reserves than your standard movement around the pitch.

SO to answer your question, I expect He may need to tweak is endurance, but due to the way he plays the game you won't get much more out of him.

Edit, unles of course you want him to change the way he plays, I don't. It would make him far less effective

We where lucky today.

Long may the honeymoon continue before the lazy overpaid spoiled bastards goes for a cheaper chick.

Not joking I'm afraid.

You either have a quite fantastic talent in being able to understand and describe games which you were not at, or you're just a knob. I know which one my money is on.

We were poor in the first half last night and made more mistakes in possesion than we have in any of the games under McInnes, but there is no way we deserved to be 2-0 down. Luckily we managed to get a goal just before half time which obviously would have completely changed the atmosphere in both dressing rooms. Then two minutes into the second half, wow. We just don't get luck like that! Second half we were by far the better team and in my opinion and this was pretty much down to one man, Neil Kilkenny. The way he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and managed to turn us back into a team that looked extremely comfortable on the ball was mightily impressive. The way he plays the game, and demands his team mates to play the game, really is a joy to watch compared to some of the tripe we have had to put up with in recent seasons. We dominated possesion for large parts of the second half, and although Watford looked reasonably dangerous on the counter due to having two decent wingers, there was really only one team you could see winning the game.

As other posters have said Albert wasn't himself last night, hey he is allowed one night off! But the run he made second half where he cut inside knocked it through to Maynard, then Maynard turned his man and got a shot off was probably the best move of the game and showed what undoubted class both of those players possess.

I can kind of see your point, however it's more to do with the way footballers cover gound than how much of it they cover, say albert covered around 10km on saturday, it's not like going for a 10k run as he's not constantly just running for those 10k, it would be like doing 10k of high intensity stop start shuttle running which is far more tiring than just running.

If you asked albert to just run around at a constant pace for 10k a game, he wouldn't be in the slightest bit knackered, but 10k or so of stop, jog sprint, stop, sprint jog, stop sprint.

That sort of running is about the most intense cardio work you can do, so no matter how fit that is going to wear you out.

I can kind of see your point, however it's more to do with the way footballers cover gound than how much of it they cover, say albert covered around 10km on saturday, it's not like going for a 10k run as he's not constantly just running for those 10k, it would be like doing 10k of high intensity stop start shuttle running which is far more tiring than just running.

If you asked albert to just run around at a constant pace for 10k a game, he wouldn't be in the slightest bit knackered, but 10k or so of stop, jog sprint, stop, sprint jog, stop sprint.

That sort of running is about the most intense cardio work you can do, so no matter how fit that is going to wear you out.

Spot on , and it's even more difficult with defenders trying to kick lumps out of you.

your talking out of your backside, the amount of work he has put in he's only human that he got tired stop having ago for having ago's sake

Why do you always assume people are having ago at players or the club ?

I was making a valid point . Albert is a awesome player but his potential is limited if he can only cope with 90 minutes a week.

I understand the way the lad plays is full on and is all action but nevertheless he should be recovering in three days. I also understand what your saying about start & stop running.

I'd be interested to here from any sports science professionals on this as I'm still puzzled why he should be so knackered.

Please Riaz not you!!

I understand the way the lad plays is full on and is all action but nevertheless he should be recovering in three days. I also understand what your saying about start & stop running.

I'd be interested to here from any sports science professionals on this as I'm still puzzled why he should be so knackered.

Please Riaz not you!!

Albert is the only winger in this division that I have seen go foward and go back without stopping. The full back must think what has he got to do! He is pure class and doesn't deserve this sort of critism. However, nyatanga.... :whistle2:

No one is criticising Albert . The bloke is class!

I was attempting to start a sensible debate about if he should be able to play twice a week without looking like half the player on a Tuesday night.

Nevermind.

But do most other players run as much as him in a game? If you were there on sat you would have seen how much running he did and wouldn't be so surprised about his performance

Seems complacency came in a bit today, full credit that we fought back from 2 down (with a bit of help from them). We have to keep going 100% in every game.

Also, out the bottom 3...3 points vs borogh on Saturday could see us start to soar

I don't think it was complacency we just were not at the same level last night, it's impossible to play every game like we did against Southampton like McInnes said he is not getting carried away because a slap in the face could be just around the corner, there will be games between now and the end of the season when we are not on our game if you can get points when playing not at your best we won't go far wrong.

No one is criticising Albert . The bloke is class!

I was attempting to start a sensible debate about if he should be able to play twice a week without looking like half the player on a Tuesday night.

Nevermind.

Maybe Albert need rest. When he scored at Burnley he said he was so tired that he have to shot. Class player but he cant be mom every game. He can run every defence in this leauge down. As NM said he is an ace.

Maybe Albert need rest. When he scored at Burnley he said he was so tired that he have to shot. Class player but he cant be mom every game. He can run every defence in this leauge down. As NM said he is an ace.

Consensus is that Uncle A is a class act and was simply cream crackered vs Whatfor after the Soton match. The worry is, despite our bloated squad (told and much discussed as being one of if not the biggest in the Chm'ship and as such one of the major causes of our debt), who would we put on instead of Albert - Pittman should take a turn for Maynard but could either Woolford or Bolassie done Albert's job last night?

Consensus is that Uncle A is a class act and was simply cream crackered vs Whatfor after the Soton match. The worry is, despite our bloated squad (told and much discussed as being one of if not the biggest in the Chm'ship and as such one of the major causes of our debt), who would we put on instead of Albert - Pittman should take a turn for Maynard but could either Woolford or Bolassie done Albert's job last night?

Our squad size is about average for the Championship and a number of clubs actually have larger squads. Our problem is we have a fairly large number of sub Championship standard players on high wages.

As for Albert, we all saw on several occasions last season that his stamina and form on a Tuesday could suffer markedly after a gruelling Saturday match.

McInnes has now seen this with his own eyes and will hopefully help Albert out by bringing on Bolasie without delay when Albert is clearly shot.

He needs to cherish our star player and know when to remove him from the action for his own good, and in the longer term, ours.

Albert can't be expected to put in the sort of superhuman effort we have witnessed on many occasions twice in just a few days, and if he's to maintain his form the manager must give him a break now and again.

Woolford seems to have impressed McInnes as witnessed by his permanent place in the match squad and frequent sub. appearances, and he's looking far more composed recently. Pitman deserves more pitch time than the odd 5-10 minutes and McInnes should not be afraid to haul Maynard off early if he's not reaching his own high standards.

Neither Woolford or Pitman can do the job Albert does of course - Bolasie should be his natural understudy and can grow into the role with regular late appearances to give Albert a well deserved breather.

Albert is a sprinter, not an endurance athlete. On saturday almost every single attack went through him and he was sprinting 30-40 metres regularly throughout the game. There is a huge difference between jogging 10-15km at slowish speed to sprinting very fast every couple of minutes with jogging in between. I'd love to see how much ground Albert covers and how much of the time he spends running flat out. I think he is the hardest working winger I've ever seen - certainly in a City shirt. Ask yourself why the top teams who play in Europe rotate players as much as possible between midweek and weekend games. Clearly playing twice a week will affect player's performance. It isn't rocket science...

P.S. anyone interested in the difference between power and endurance athletes should look up the difference between phosphocreatine and glycolysis metabolic pathways...

Spot on , and it's even more difficult with defenders trying to kick lumps out of you.

My argument too, Albert must have "sprinted" over distances between 25 and 45 metres over a dozen times Saturday, sometimes with 3 defenders to fight off. Professional sprinters complain in the championships how difficult it is to run both the 100m and 200m because the schedule of of around 10 sprints over 4/5 days. Add to that, changes of direction, shrugging off challenges, defensive duties and looking to make the right pass and you have a very tired guy.

I was surprised that Bolasie wasn't introduced in the 2nd half to be honest.

My argument too, Albert must have "sprinted" over distances between 25 and 45 metres over a dozen times Saturday, sometimes with 3 defenders to fight off. Professional sprinters complain in the championships how difficult it is to run both the 100m and 200m because the schedule of of around 10 sprints over 4/5 days. Add to that, changes of direction, shrugging off challenges, defensive duties and looking to make the right pass and you have a very tired guy.

I was surprised that Bolasie wasn't introduced in the 2nd half to be honest.

With Sprinting the Lactic acid builds up quicker as well, now there are various ways of getting rid of it, but is is never easy especially with only a few days between games, add to that any niggles from the previuos match, which he will have as he is ripe for a clattering and It is hardly suprising.

Sometimes I think it might be worth benching the guy and giving him a 30 minutes blast on a Evening match. But it does take so much away from our team without him in the squad. Even a half fit Adomah takes 2 people out of the fgame for the opposition Just in case he get free.

Archived