IGNORED

Watford Fans View

Dolman Block B

Went last night thought that first goal was a thunderbolt no keeper saved that and

second one think everybody waiting for it to go over the bar but even suprised

James when came off cross bar and Beattie scored from rebound.

We were not at races in first half but what a great finish by Marvin with a header

to make it 2-1 at half time.

Just think it totally changed after early 2nd half goal then after that we had the

confidence to play are football while Watford just hoofed long balls to

Iwelumo and Beattie in 2nd half did'nt work,think they missed the dangerman

that is Marvin Sordell who was out injured and has 5 lge goals so far.

Have to say fair play to Watford £10 all around the ground to also City fans well done.

Nope, well not at City anyway. Its £27 for Boro fans on saturday and they are seriously pissed about that!!!!

This is just simply disgraceful.

Anyone from the Supporters Trust take this up with the club?

I thought the FA rules stated that fans in the same stand must pay the same. So, I'm confused how this is happening. But needless of that, it is outrageous that BCFC are charging the Boro fans more.

This is just simply disgraceful.

Anyone from the Supporters Trust take this up with the club?

I thought the FA rules stated that fans in the same stand must pay the same. So, I'm confused how this is happening. But needless of that, it is outrageous that BCFC are charging the Boro fans more.

Technically the East End probably won't be on general sale, so there won't be an issue I'd think.

Technically the East End probably won't be on general sale, so there won't be an issue I'd think.

Right. So, the EE is Season Ticket only so, technically, charging boro £27 for exactly the same stand is OK.

Technically this might be right but morally it is reprehensible.

It's a bit like Tesco's saying "Right you have a clubcard so you can go down the left side of aisle 3 and get baked beans for £2. You don't have a clubcard so you go down the right side of aisle 3 and get baked beans for £5.50".

Right. So, the EE is Season Ticket only so, technically, charging boro £27 for exactly the same stand is OK.

Technically this might be right but morally it is reprehensible.

It's a bit like Tesco's saying "Right you have a clubcard so you can go down the left side of aisle 3 and get baked beans for £2. You don't have a clubcard so you go down the right side of aisle 3 and get baked beans for £5.50".

But I don't want beans? But in all seriousness I agree with you, I was just saying why the club will get away with it, not making a moral judgement.

Shame but lets all be honest, that is a serious amount of miles to travel for a 17:30 game on a staurday night that is going live on sky sports as well.

Even at £10 probably no more than a few hundred takers

Arn, If you take your seat at 5.30 pm you'll have missed the first 10 mins.....

Shame but lets all be honest, that is a serious amount of miles to travel for a 17:30 game on a staurday night that is going live on sky sports as well.

Even at £10 probably no more than a few hundred takers

But presumably £27 is the standard price for the away end? In which case, wow, that's pricey. It's not exactly the facilities it has that justify such a high ticket price for example.

No, I meant would be nice if Watford fans could attend Ashton Gate for a tenner thus replicating the offer we benefited from last night.

That would be an excellent gesture - really enjoyed the evening on Tuesday, nice pubs, Watford fans seem a reasonable bunch, no bad feeling between the fans clubs - we should definitely reciprocate if at all possible. Return game is on Tuesday 20th March, may not be the easiest sell as its a weeknight so why not?

I'm sure I read somewhere a season or 2 ago that clubs can have up to 4 games a season where they can drop home admission ticket prices and do not have to offer it to away fans. Any more than 4 changes in normal ticket prices it would then also have to be offered to away fans at the same price structure as a similar stand in the ground.

Back to the original post. I think the original poster was being a bit harsh on Watford. They looked the better side first half - although neither side got going for 25 minutes. Watford did a good job on Albert too. He looked a bit leggy though which may be due to his outstanding effort on Saturday. Thanks to Watford for the £10 ticket. Given the price of tickets, travel etc I find it hard to persaude anyome to go with me even though they really want to. That price drop did the trick and got a couple of mates on board. Thanks to your keeper as well (nice one Loachy). I felt for him even though he was giving us a point.

Archived