IGNORED

16 Players

solo1bc

I'm sure this has been covered recently but can't find it and memory not so good these days... Who are the 16 players out of contract at the end of the season? I think it's the below but others will know for sure:

Seniors (high wages)

Maynard

Hunt

Ribs

L. Johnson

D. James

McAllister

Clarkson

Fontaine

Juniors (low wages and not sure which out of this list)

Holloway

Reid

Edwards

M. Jackson

Bryan

Muggeridge

Lewis Carey

Ball

Lennox

Out of that list I'd only want to retain Maynard, Fonts, Reid and either Edwards or Bryan (we need fullbacks!) & ones I wish were on the list too is Stewart, JCR & Louis (sad to say but day is done and he must be one of the highest earners)

Can someone clarify and who would people want to keep?

Well if Maynard re-signs, especially on the contract rumoured to be te best in city's history, The I would imagine the rest will be released... Judging by Sextones coments about getting the wage bill down.

In reality I would expect Maynard to leave Carey given another year and a chance to get into coaching, Fontain to sign. James either to leave or re-sign on massively lower contract. All other first teamers to leave.

Well if Maynard re-signs, especially on the contract rumoured to be te best in city's history, The I would imagine the rest will be released... Judging by Sextones coments about getting the wage bill down.

In reality I would expect Maynard to leave Carey given another year and a chance to get into coaching, Fontain to sign. James either to leave or re-sign on massively lower contract. All other first teamers to leave.

Carey is surely very unlikely to get yet another year under a new manager who has no reason to be sentimental about him.

He shouldn't have got a new contract for this season - CS gave every impression of being against it - and with our much trumpeted squad and wage reduction policy, it would be truly shocking if he was kept on.

To be fair to Carey even he seemed surprised he was given a new contract.

If he wants to be a coach let him start off elsewhere and somebody else pay his wages.

If City actually need another coach, and it's hard to see why they might, then I'd imagine Del would have others in mind rather than just keeping on a long serving player he himself would have had very limited dealings with.

Im pretty sure Marvin Elliott signed a new deal in the summer and Cisse is under contract till 2013

Cisse signed a 2 year deal when Coppell bought him. That was in 2010 so he is out of contract this summer. Along with Maynard, i think this is the most important player's contract that we should be trying to renew. Fontaine you could argue is equally important and he definitely deserves a new deal too, hopefully he will sign one !

Don't think James will get another year and would be good to see a decent clear out in the summer

What's our squad total, 33? I would imagine we'd want to bring it down to 24 with 3-4 of them being U21 academy prospects. First priority avoiding relegation and then it's going to be one busy summer.

I'm sure this has been covered recently but can't find it and memory not so good these days... Who are the 16 players out of contract at the end of the season? I think it's the below but others will know for sure:

Seniors (high wages)

Maynard

Hunt

Ribs

L. Johnson

D. James

McAllister

Clarkson

Fontaine

Juniors (low wages and not sure which out of this list)

Holloway

Reid

Edwards

M. Jackson

Bryan

Muggeridge

Lewis Carey

Ball

Lennox

Out of that list I'd only want to retain Maynard, Fonts, Reid and either Edwards or Bryan (we need fullbacks!) & ones I wish were on the list too is Stewart, JCR & Louis (sad to say but day is done and he must be one of the highest earners)

Can someone clarify and who would people want to keep?

Priority would be to get rid of the highly paid dead wood.

McAllister, JCR, Carey, Johnson, Clarkson, Hunt, and also probably David James.

Younger players, harder to be sure, but you'd imagine Edwards, Jackson, Ball and Lennox are in jeopardy.

I'm not sure Bryan can be grouped together with Edwards, he is very highly regarded and can play on the left side of midfield as well as defence.

Of the youngsters Bryan, along with Holloway, Reid and Carey (gk) are most likely to stay.

Complete squad listing:

1 David James Goalkeeper

2 Jordan Spence

(on loan from WestHam ) Defender

3 Jamie McAllister Defender

4 Liam Fontaine Defender

5 Lewin Nyatanga Defender

6 Louis Carey Defender

7 Marvin Elliott Midfielder

8 Neil Kilkenny Midfielder

9 Jon Stead Striker

10 Nicky Maynard Striker

11 Martyn Woolford Midfielder

12 Ryan Taylor Striker

14 Cole Skuse Midfielder

15 Bobby Reid

(on loan to Cheltnm ) Midfielder

16 David Clarkson Striker

17 Yannick Bolasie Midfielder

18 James Wilson Defender

19 Christian Ribeiro

(on loan to Carlsle ) Defender

20 Jamal Campbell-Ryce Midfielder

21 Kalifa Cisse Midfielder

22 Dean Gerken Goalkeeper

23 Joe Edwards

(on loan to Stckprt ) Defender

24 Marlon Jackson

(on loan to Cheltnm ) Striker

25 Danny Ball Defender

26 Joe Lennox Midfielder

27 Albert Adomah Midfielder

28 Nicky Hunt Defender

29 Aaron Amadi-Holloway

(on loan to Bath City ) Defender

30 Henry Muggeridge Defender

31 Joe Bryan

(on loan to Bath City ) Defender

32 Lewis Carey

(on loan to Glouc C ) Goalkeeper

33 Lee Johnson Midfielder

34 Brett Pitman Striker

35 Damion Stewart Defender

36 Ryan McGivern

(on loan from Man C ) Defender

37 Stephen Pearson

(on loan from Derby ) Midfielder

40 Fans

I would have thought Holloway would be offered new terms, he is highly thought of and has more time to make the step up than say, Jackson. Bobby Reid for sure and Lewis Carey. It's a shame that Lennox seems to have fallen out of favour, I have always rated him personally.

Does anyone know whether the structure of the squads has changed since Del came in? In particular does the "development squad" still exist or has that been ditched in favour of a different structure. With the Under 21 league approaching I thought that was a good move by KM. If it still exists then that might encourage them to keep more of the younger players to see how they develop there.

I thought McGivern was a season long loan? Also what about Spence, if we are not going to use him why is he here and can we quietly give him back to the Hammers?

Carey is surely very unlikely to get yet another year under a new manager who has no reason to be sentimental about him.

He shouldn't have got a new contract for this season - CS gave every impression of being against it - and with our much trumpeted squad and wage reduction policy, it would be truly shocking if he was kept on.

To be fair to Carey even he seemed surprised he was given a new contract.

If he wants to be a coach let him start off elsewhere and somebody else pay his wages.

If City actually need another coach, and it's hard to see why they might, then I'd imagine Del would have others in mind rather than just keeping on a long serving player he himself would have had very limited dealings with.

Oh I agree, I think he maybe kept on though, 1 as he is a local boy 2 he is well liked at the club, 3 He is club captain which holds other duties other than just playing. Who eve rhas been manager at our club always say what a good profesional the bloke is, I just wonder if he is a proper managers player, the Way McInnes was.

I guess it all depends what McInnes sees in him, he maybe too important to the Harmony of the club just to get shot of. Of course not being party to the inner sanctum could have got that completely wrong.

FIRST-TEAM PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT IN 2012

David James - all depends if they can find a suitbale replacement

Jamie McAllister - let go, high wages and rather get young replacement

Liam Fontaine - Must be kept at all costs

Louis Carey - get rid

Marvin Elliot - keep, still a good squad player

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - I do like him as a player, but prob best moved on

Kalifa Cisse - Important we keep as we are starting to see his importance to the team

Lee Johnson - get rid

Nicky Maynard - love to stay but think he will go

Oh I agree, I think he maybe kept on though, 1 as he is a local boy 2 he is well liked at the club, 3 He is club captain which holds other duties other than just playing. Who eve rhas been manager at our club always say what a good profesional the bloke is, I just wonder if he is a proper managers player, the Way McInnes was.

I guess it all depends what McInnes sees in him, he maybe too important to the Harmony of the club just to get shot of. Of course not being party to the inner sanctum could have got that completely wrong.

You say he is well liked at the club - by who?

The players are ever changing, there is a new manager and assistant, CS seemed to be very wary about even awarding him this years' contract.

Millen (an old pal who presumably liked him best of all) has gone, SL, if he favoured keeping him on, has now moved into the background over such decisions.

The fact he is a long serving 'local boy', and rightly popular with many fans simply because of that, should count for absolutely nothing when it comes to these sort of decisions.

We've had numerous fine words over the absolute necessity for squad/wages reduction, I for one want to see some action to follow, and brutally unsentimental decisions taken where necessary.

We can appoint a new club Captain, that's a natural evolution that occurs happily at most clubs when the old one's career comes to an end and he leaves the club.

You say he is well liked at the club - by who?

The players are ever changing, there is a new manager and assistant, CS seemed to be very wary about even awarding him this years' contract.

Millen (an old pal who presumably liked him best of all) has gone, SL, if he favoured keeping him on, has now moved into the background over such decisions.

The fact he is a long serving 'local boy', and rightly popular with many fans simply because of that, should count for absolutely nothing when it comes to these sort of decisions.

We've had numerous fine words over the absolute necessity for squad/wages reduction, I for one want to see some action to follow, and brutally unsentimental decisions taken where necessary.

We can appoint a new club Captain, that's a natural evolution that occurs happily at most clubs when the old one's career comes to an end and he leaves the club.

My mate works down at the gate and is more often than not out there when they are training. Carey is well liked by the players and staff, and it is no surprise he is club Captain.

I don't disagree with anything you say here, I am quite dispassionate about Jobs for the boys. I just wonder what effect it will have on Morale, I know players come and go and people are forgotten. But it seems to me McInnes likes players who pull together, and From what I know of Carey, he is pretty good at that, so it doesn't neccessarily have to be from a playing point of view.

Me personally I would like McInnes to build his own team, if he sees that Carey as a part of that great, if not, great. What ever is the right choice for the best atmosphere and Morale at the club is good for me. If it means keeping older players that may not feature so much then so be it.

FIRST-TEAM PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT IN 2012

David James - all depends if they can find a suitbale replacement

Jamie McAllister - let go, high wages and rather get young replacement

Liam Fontaine - Must be kept at all costs

Louis Carey - get rid

Marvin Elliot - keep, still a good squad playerJamal Campbell-Ryce - I do like him as a player, but prob best moved on

Kalifa Cisse - Important we keep as we are starting to see his importance to the team

Lee Johnson - get rid

Nicky Maynard - love to stay but think he will go

elliot is under contract until 2014

David James - If he keeps up the recent form he's been on then give another year (or sign Butland)fingerscrossed.gif

Jordan Spence - Going back to West Ham

Jamie McAllister - Get Rid

Liam Fontaine - Best defender we have, must keep.

Louis Carey - Time to move on, he could probably have a good season or two in league one

Nicky Maynard - Will be leaving, can't see him signing on with us unless we have a play off push

David Clarkson - try sell for small fee in january, if not he's got to go in summer

Christian Ribeiro - Injured constantly, must go

Jamal Campbell Ryce- Not really sure, probably best for him to go

Kalifa Cisse - Must keep, provided protection to the back four which we needed all season and our results have got a lot better.

Joe Edwards - Never seen him play, but maybe keep for cover

Marlon Jackson - Poor record in league football, think he'll be better off going to a league 2 side and working his way up

Danny Ball - Not a clue (Out of contract in Jan)

Joe Lennox - Not a clue (Out of contract in Jan)

Nicky Hunt - Keep and give a 3 year contract ...tumbleweed.gif GET RID OF HIM.

Aaron Amadi-Holloway - Not a clue

Henry Muggeridge - Not a clue

Lewis Carey - Retain, only heard good things about him

Lee Johnson - Not good enough, but probably the only cover for Kilkenny now he's back. Move on at end of season

Marvin Elliott - Give him another 2 years

Ryan McGivern - Is he much better than Jamie Mac? He can go back at end of season

Stephen Pearson - If he keeps up current form, must sign him at end of season! Looked class so far

Thats 22 (3 Loanees) out of 36 players, all who i think are out of contract at end of season with us. - Correct me if i'm wrong.

Me personally I would like McInnes to build his own team, if he sees that Carey as a part of that great, if not, great. What ever is the right choice for the best atmosphere and Morale at the club is good for me. If it means keeping older players that may not feature so much then so be it.

He will in time just like all managers that stay in a job long enough to achieve it. McInnes has a 3 year deal and whether he can build a team capable of promotion within that time span remains to be seen. One thing is almost 100% sure, Carey won't be a City player next season, too old and too injury prone and I can't imagine he'd be in the managers plans.

From what we've seen so far from McInnes I would expect him to try and retain the majority of the current first team squad in readiness for next season. It's always likely that McGivern could return to Man City and that would leave a left back vacancy ( its time to let McAllister go ) and Pearson's City is uncertain ( he hasn't done enough yet imo, to justify a City contract and the fact he's not completed 90 mins for us yet speaks volumes ) and he could end up back at Derby.

James may not want another year so a new goalkeeper will need to be recruited.

These are the obvious area's that will need attention but other area's such as midfield will need greater depth. Should Kilkenny get injured/suspended there's little cover.

One thing for definite is that this coming summers wheeling and dealing will be fascinating to watch.

how do you know he is contracted until 2014?

i know it was mentioned by sexstone in an interview that elliot had signed a new contract, but i didn't think the length of the deal was disclosed.

my sister works in bakers dolphin in portishead, he send money out to jamica every so often, she asked him

ah cool. interesting to know so thanks for passing on the info. wish the club weren't so secretive about contracts nowadays.

They aren't- it was announced at the time.

I'd guess nearly everyone out of contract from that list will be gone next summer, Fontaine and Maynard will be exceptions if they sign any deal offered but apart from that I can only see Cisse as a possible stayer, as Bobby Reid isn't OoC.

I'd expect that James, Hunt, McAllister, Carey, JCR, Johnson, Lennox, Ball, Edwards, Ribeiro, Clarkson and Jackson plus the 2 loan full backs and a few of the youngsters to be gone by then.

Archived