IGNORED

Ref Today

Big Red Rich

Watching it on TV the handball was a cert. The free kick award for the goal was dubious, Emnes played for the free kick but Wilson could be accused of being sucked into it a little naively. Overall it looked a tight game with one goal looking to be enough to win it for either side. Makes the pen decision a bit harder to take. Ref was average for the most but did miss a couple of key decisions.

It would like to see the goal free kick again. The handball should have ben given and the ref didn't help us much throughout the game but at the same time we didn't perform that well and Boro had a better game plan than us.

Maybe so but they had every contentious decision in the 2nd half and to be honest DJ never had to make a save, unlike their goalkeeper, I feel cheated.

It would like to see the goal free kick again. The handball should have ben given and the ref didn't help us much throughout the game but at the same time we didn't perform that well and Boro had a better game plan than us.

Just watched both on Sky after getting home, the most blatant dive you will ever see, and the handball is just the same there player put his hand up and clearly blocked the ball

Cheating Boro :bruce_h4h:

Towards the end of the 1st half, the sky commentators said that they'd barely noticed the referee, which was a fair comment. He obviously decided at half time that this just wouldn't do, so decided to make himself the centre of attention by giving us absolutely nothing in the 2nd.

I'm all for the Respect campaign, but surely it should be a 2-way thing, where the officials do their bit by getting basic decisions correct?

I'm also of the opinion that instead of being demoted for poor performance, they should just be suspended for a game or two. Why should sides in lower leagues have to suffer because officials can't do their job properly?

I'd like Del to put in an official complaint about the d1ckhead officiating. Conned every time by cynical Boro divers and gave nothing to us. They actually handled the ball twice in their penalty area, but the second time was the most obvious.

As for Boro - Is Mowbray their manager or is it Jacques Cousteau? ranting.gif You can tell they've been a Prem team, by their disgraceful cheating.

I hope they get f-ing nowhere this season.

I really don't know where football is going - from Sepp Blatter at the top to the idiot who posed as a referee this afternoon no one is prepared to be held accountable for their actions.

I have never heard the fans complaining about the ref like I did this afternoon, but nothing gets done. If I drop a cigarette from my car I can be held accountable and fined but referees are fireproof. Their rejection of video checking is like people burning looms. Which century do they live in. The fact is plain, if one person admits that the emperor has no clothes the whole thing collapses. Football needs root and branch reform, and people like the ref this afternoon probably need to be referred to Jeremy Clarkson!

Archived