IGNORED

Ref Today

Big Red Rich

I take it one of those 'clear' chances was Adomahs wildly mishit shot that Pitman reacted to very quickly and managed to get the mishit onto target.

I don't think so. Both chances were after the Boro goal. One was in the area where Pitman got the intended (might have been Albert) pass onto one foot and then turned onto his other foot but the shot was blocked. The other was a under-hit shot by Maynard I thought that Pitman toe poked through to the goalie.

Sunday mirror rated him 8/10 :dunno:

Two things:-

1) Tomarse.

Why are you still representing yourself by the cat with Parkinsons?

You are a sick man.

2) Why don't we just get the ref whistle.gif ......... 'rubbed out'. Millwall do this all the time.

£10 each should do it, and there is no-way they could trace it back to me and Tomarse.

3) Avon & Somerset Police: "I am prepared to tell you everything: Tomarse made me do it - he even lent me the £10".

But he wasn't even on the ball. It'd run on ahead of him.

Both Emnes and Wilson were pounding after the ball that looked most likely to be picked up by Fonts (I think). If there was contact it was minimal and likely to be accidental.

He had control of it in my view so it was a foul for me. The only issue was that we didn't seem to be getting those decisions in our favour which was annoying.

He had control of it in my view so it was a foul for me. The only issue was that we didn't seem to be getting those decisions in our favour which was annoying.

it was debatable and that is the problem, the foul on Maynard signaled by the assistant and the hand ball were 2 that were not and I believe the failure to give the first led to the assistant failing to flag for the second.

it was debatable and that is the problem, the foul on Maynard signaled by the assistant and the hand ball were 2 that were not and I believe the failure to give the first led to the assistant failing to flag for the second.

The most frustrating thing for any fan is when a referee is inconsistent. The ref yesterday was only consistent in that he seemed to give fouls that weren't and ignored blatant fouls - on both sides. The worst example was ignoring a player leaving his foot in on Cisse when he had penalised Cisse himself for doing the exact same thing earlier. He also gave a free kick in a dangerous area against Fontaine when he clearly got in front of the man and 'Killa' ended up getting booked for dissent, and as for when Albert went in for a bouncing ball and deliberately pulled out of a 'foot up' but was still penalised for a foul, what a joke that was!! Regarding the penalty appeal - the ref couldn't be blamed for not seeing it, but I agree the lino probably didn't want to be humiliated again by the ref overruling him. Unfortunately, despite him giving a strong performance for 90 minutes, Wilson showed his inexperience when challenging the Middlesboro striker. Be honest, any professional footballer worth his salt would go down in that situation, even though he was hardly touched. We all know the game is and always has been about trying to con the ref - at least since I've been watching the game...

Two things:-

1) Tomarse.

Why are you still representing yourself by the cat with Parkinsons?

You are a sick man.

You've seen the cravendale advert cats with opposable thumbs, right?

The most frustrating thing for any fan is when a referee is inconsistent. The ref yesterday was only consistent in that he seemed to give fouls that weren't and ignored blatant fouls - on both sides. The worst example was ignoring a player leaving his foot in on Cisse when he had penalised Cisse himself for doing the exact same thing earlier. He also gave a free kick in a dangerous area against Fontaine when he clearly got in front of the man and 'Killa' ended up getting booked for dissent, and as for when Albert went in for a bouncing ball and deliberately pulled out of a 'foot up' but was still penalised for a foul, what a joke that was!! Regarding the penalty appeal - the ref couldn't be blamed for not seeing it, but I agree the lino probably didn't want to be humiliated again by the ref overruling him. Unfortunately, despite him giving a strong performance for 90 minutes, Wilson showed his inexperience when challenging the Middlesboro striker. Be honest, any professional footballer worth his salt would go down in that situation, even though he was hardly touched. We all know the game is and always has been about trying to con the ref - at least since I've been watching the game...

The last sentence says it all for me and in a way, the attitude you describe can be traced back to the infamous Maradona 'hand of god' incident until that disgusting little sub human did that, the worlds greatest player would never have dreamed of doing anything like that. There are plenty of archive footage of IMO 3 of the greatest footballers I have ever seen George Best, Pele and Eusebio and I defy you to find one where any of them felt the need to cheat by going down unnecessarily. Add to that I watched Gazza on Piers Morgan TV programme recently and I can't recall him going down unnecessarily, great players don't need to because they are so good and because they have too much pride.

The last sentence says it all for me and in a way, the attitude you describe can be traced back to the infamous Maradona 'hand of god' incident until that disgusting little sub human did that, the worlds greatest player would never have dreamed of doing anything like that. There are plenty of archive footage of IMO 3 of the greatest footballers I have ever seen George Best, Pele and Eusebio and I defy you to find one where any of them felt the need to cheat by going down unnecessarily. Add to that I watched Gazza on Piers Morgan TV programme recently and I can't recall him going down unnecessarily, great players don't need to because they are so good and because they have too much pride.

But Maradona didn't go down did he , he went up.

I take your point though , it's thought to be clever these days to cheat and get away with it, players like Pele and Eusebio had integrity and honour in how they performed on the pitch. As did another great player John Atyeo.

Not so sure, Alex. I'll watch it again, but I think the ball was about 7-8ft away from him when he was clipped. Nearer our defender for sure.

I watched part of the Wolves v Sunderland game and Sunderlands Larrson gained a penalty for an outrageous olympic type dive, described by Robbie Savage as 'a dive with bells on'.

Over to you premier league, how about doing the decent thing 3 game ban, it's the only way to stamp this out and not forgetting re-training for the officials.

Not so sure, Alex. I'll watch it again, but I think the ball was about 7-8ft away from him when he was clipped. Nearer our defender for sure.

Just watched it on the BBC - a foul for sure and a poor challenge by James given the speed and direction that play was going. Disappointed with Jamo, BTW, at the time I thought that the ball was nearer the post than that.

The TV made him look even worse. Which was difficult. Definitely not a 'homer'. Was he from the North-East maybe? Was he a relative of Mowbray's? Is he allergic to cider? Whatever the reason he was the worst and most biased ref I've seen in along time. Especially in the second half. All Emnes had to do when he lost the ball was to fall over and he got a foul every time. The last one Wilson made it easy for him to con the ref. Thats what he did - con the ref. He knew he'd overrun the ball saw Wilson's foot sticking out and saw it as manna from heaven. I divers dream. That ref was more likely to call a dive than a genuine foul, it was perverse.

The ball was about 2 ft away I think. Even if it wasn't, if you trip someone then you are running the risk of it being a foul regardless of if they have the ball in full control or not. We see plenty of fouls given in the game, especially from free-kicks and corners etc where the players in question aren't near the ball. Still a foul.

You've seen the cravendale advert cats with opposable thumbs, right?

How many bruce_h4h.gif times do I have to say it??

It is a god-damned cat with Parkinsons.

Now. I am a patient man, Tomarse, but I can only hold back the PPL (pussy protection league) so long.

Lose the disabled cat, or the PPL will be after you.

"Tick-tock", and all that .................

I agree that great players of the past didn't dive at every opportunity. I had the pleasure of seeing George Best live (don't tell anyone, but it was at Eastville...) , and probably the greatest goal he ever scored, against Chelsea when Ron 'Chopper' Harris tried to chop him down, would not have been scored by anyone in today's game as they would have gone down for the penalty. However, what I meant when I said players have always tried to con the ref, I didn't necessarily mean by diving - even saying things like 'our ball' when you know it should be a throw-in/corner etc. to the other side has gone on for donkeys years and is a form of conning the officials.

Archived