IGNORED

Ref Today

Big Red Rich

Walking away from the Gate, for those who watched it on telly, was the ref as bad as we all thought he was? Looked like Del had a word to him at the end.

Bring on Jeremy Clarkson - shoot that Ref. We really didn't deserve to lose that game but 'boro did have 12 men against us today.

you cant really trust those websites for an unbiased opinion on referees. Who goes on them to say that everything went well?

Yes referee should've given the penalty but the free kick was clumsy from Wilson (who otherwise had an outstanding game). Sometimes you just don't get the decisions and you've gotta live with that but there's no sense in calling for his head, just had a bit of an off day and we were gonna lose eventually. We all know McInnes is a good manager but I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with this after a game in which it appears we haved been sussed out. Next 10 game will show whether he has the pedigree to be a top flight manager.

Would've been nice to have seen the run go until we are well clear of relegation though

you cant really trust those websites for an unbiased opinion on referees. Who goes on them to say that everything went well?

Yes referee should've given the penalty but the free kick was clumsy from Wilson (who otherwise had an outstanding game). Sometimes you just don't get the decisions and you've gotta live with that but there's no sense in calling for his head, just had a bit of an off day and we were gonna lose eventually. We all know McInnes is a good manager but I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with this after a game in which it appears we haved been sussed out. Next 10 game will show whether he has the pedigree to be a top flight manager.

Would've been nice to have seen the run go until we are well clear of relegation though

I think it was a lot more than those two decisions that had incensed the crowd. He had been getting it wrong and infavour of 'Boro for most of the game and this seemed to increase in the 2nd half. The handball and the questionable free-kick just brought it to a head because of the obvious effect it had on the result.

He and the lino infront of the Dolman were shocking today.

Yes referee should've given the penalty but the free kick was clumsy from Wilson (who otherwise had an outstanding game). Sometimes you just don't get the decisions and you've gotta live with that but there's no sense in calling for his head, just had a bit of an off day and we were gonna lose eventually.

Clumsy? It was the merest of taps to the side of his boot as he was trying to nick the ball. Emnes had lost possession and was running at 90 degrees to the goal. He dived.

There is every sense in saying that a ref who appeared very biased in his decisions and was repeatedly conned by Boro divers is looked into by the authorities and is demoted on the back of an atrocious performance. I don't want to see that w*nker at Ashton Gate ever again.

The way they fell over all over the pitch shows that it must be coached by the Manager, it reflects very badly on Mowbray.

And our players, on several occasions, kicked the ball out so the cheats could receive treatment for their 'injuries'.

For Christ's sake the rules state it is the referee's decision whether to stop play, NOT yours.banghead.gif

And the PC idiots in the crowd who applaud this whole pathetic procedure just encourage these tossers to carry on diving, and carry on writhing about.

If it's a HEAD injury or something genuinely serious the ref. must, and will, stop the game, otherwise get on with it.ranting.gif

I don't applaud this nonsense, along with many others who actually know the rules I boo it, and I hope one of our players in particular got the message yesterday.

Refs have a tough job to do.Idont mind a crap ref as long as they are fair.Yesterday proved that the ref involved was bias.He was conned good and proper by boro who i hope go nowhere.Ithink when sky are there they try to impress that they dont favour the home team and go too far the other way.Having said that with the chances we had we should have buried them. :englandsmile4wf:

Was so frustrating, the free kick for the goal was the 3rd or 4th time that he had given a freekick just outside the box for some petit foul. It was then made worse by the fact that on the rare occasion we got a free kick, it wasn't a ever a foul. Cisse mounted there striker at one point as somehow the decision went our way!

Boro have committed 23 fouls in their last two games, yet the ref seemed to think they only made 3 the whole game yesterday - he was willfully blinded to their fouls whilst openly looking to give anything in their favour. That type of bias is simply not needed in referees, he should not be officiating when making bad decisions that change the outcome of games.

Clumsy? It was the merest of taps to the side of his boot as he was trying to nick the ball. Emnes had lost possession and was running at 90 degrees to the goal. He dived.

There is every sense in saying that a ref who appeared very biased in his decisions and was repeatedly conned by Boro divers is looked into by the authorities and is demoted on the back of an atrocious performance. I don't want to see that w*nker at Ashton Gate ever again.

Merest of taps is still a foul whether he made a meal of it or not though.

We still could have won that game and were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch by the end. If we get to the end of the season and miss out on the play offs by a point then I'd be mad, but blaming the ref when it was our lack of depth that led to a lack of quality when we tried to "switch it up." I've seen much worse refs at the gate and will see much worse in days to come. Calling for him to get demoted is ridiculous

We still could have won that game and were lucky to have 11 men on the pitch by the end. If we get to the end of the season and miss out on the play offs by a point then I'd be mad, but blaming the ref when it was our lack of depth that led to a lack of quality when we tried to "switch it up." I've seen much worse refs at the gate and will see much worse in days to come. Calling for him to get demoted is ridiculous

So you believe in the pundits favourite "he was entitled to go down"?. Which to me is the most inane comment in football punditry, if the merest of touches was not enough for the player to go down it must be simulation, which in it's self is an offence. it just highlights the hypocrisy of modern football, your highlighted sentence merely proves that football is no longer a contact sport, until it comes to to corners and free kicks where anything goes and referees and assistants who see every merest tap and evaluate it as foul play suddenly go blind.

I have to say his 2nd half performance was probably as bad as it gets, he not only ignored his assistant when Maynard was chopped down from behind (which almost certainly resulted in the said assistant not raising his flag for the penalty) but he was consistently conned, which proves somewhere along the line his training has gone awry and demotion to a slower pace of football might be beneficial to him, not demotion but re-training and more importantly if referees do not learn from glaring mistakes, refereeing will never improve.

Cost us a point at least, worst man in the middle since our retutn to the championship, only one word to discribe him CHEAT. Lets not overlook the fact he was a arrogant one at that. Di-ks like him can cost clubs there status for years to come, yet they get away with week after week, and think to thereselves how good they are.

I work with an official who officiates at championship level, and when i saw him on his way back from his game yesterday, he says James Linnington (our ref yesterday) is supposedly going to be the next big thing. I told him what i thought of that

Not in the least bit surprised to hear that, the worse they are the higher they get. Linnington just about sums up the shocking standard of officals.

I don't recall anyone mentioning the referee after the Southampton game. dunno.gif

He couldn't have been more of a "homer" if he'd had a red shirt on.

Yesterday's referee was certainly "courageous" with some of his decisions. Over-ruling his assistant and not giving a blatant penalty were interesting. However, it is simply wrong to state that we lost because of the referee. If Pitman scores his two clear chances, or Maynard nicked that rebound, or Bolasie works out how to cross a football then we would have won. In summary, if we had been better than Middlesbrough the referee wouldn't have mattered.

I don't recall anyone mentioning the referee after the Southampton game. dunno.gif

He couldn't have been more of a "homer" if he'd had a red shirt on.

Yesterday's referee was certainly "courageous" with some of his decisions. Over-ruling his assistant and not giving a blatant penalty were interesting. However, it is simply wrong to state that we lost because of the referee. If Pitman scores his two clear chances, or Maynard nicked that rebound, or Bolasie works out how to cross a football then we would have won. In summary, if we had been better than Middlesbrough the referee wouldn't have mattered.

I take it one of those 'clear' chances was Adomahs wildly mishit shot that Pitman reacted to very quickly and managed to get the mishit onto target.

I've just seen the Emnes foul - thought it was a foul, very clumsy.

But he wasn't even on the ball. It'd run on ahead of him.

Both Emnes and Wilson were pounding after the ball that looked most likely to be picked up by Fonts (I think). If there was contact it was minimal and likely to be accidental.

Emnes knew he'd lost the ball and so when he felt a boot touch the side of his, he dived, knowing that the ref had bought the Boro dives over and over again. You're right it was a foul. A yellow to the dreadlocked d1ckhead for simulation!

Oh, and I've been going to games for 40+ years and that second half performance was the worst reffing I've ever seen in terms of sheer bias.

Archived