IGNORED

Is The Honeymoon Over?

Robbored

Disappointing to lose to such a late goal which came from a dodgy free kick but the referee wasn't completely to blame.

To me it seemed that Boro had worked City out and came with a game plan to close out Albert and Maynard by restricting supply to them. The later had one sniff all game. They also did what City did to Southampton and gave City no time or space to get the passing game together. Such was their game plan that it pretty much cancelled out their own attacking play and both goalkeepers had little to do all game. A draw would have been fairer to both teams but thanks to a questionable free kick and questionable positioning from James Boro go home with 3 points.

I think Wilson did a superb job but without the bruiser Elliot the midfield was light weight with neither Woolford or Pearson able to disrupt play like Marvin does. It also meant that Kilkenny was deeper than in recent games and therefore less effective. Midfield cover has to be a priority in January.

Now after a decent run City have managed one point from two games and now its a real test of McInnes's managerial nouse to get the lads prepared for next weeks trip to struggling Derby.

No, Boro are a very defensive team who largely played with 6 men behind the ball.....making it incredibly hard to break down especially with Kilkenny so deep.

Two teams evenly matched, if anything we should be pleased that we have been even, arguably better than top teams in the league,

Disappointing to lose to such a late goal which came from a dodgy free kick but the referee wasn't completely to blame.

To me it seemed that Boro had worked City out and came with a game plan to close out Albert and Maynard by restricting supply to them. The later had one sniff all game. They also did what City did to Southampton and gave City no time or space to get the passing game together. Such was their game plan that it pretty much cancelled out their own attacking play and both goalkeepers had little to do all game. A draw would have been fairer to both teams but thanks to a questionable free kick and questionable positioning from James Boro go home with 3 points.

I think Wilson did a superb job but without the bruiser Elliot the midfield was light weight with neither Woolford or Pearson able to disrupt play like Marvin does. It also meant that Kilkenny was deeper than in recent games and therefore less effective. Midfield cover has to be a priority in January.

Now after a decent run City have managed one point from two games and now its a real test of McInnes's managerial nouse to get the lads prepared for next weeks trip to struggling Derby.

OMG, not GJ again.

Wouldnt say we were found out, but just believe Boro done their homework and found a suitable plan for themselves which would restrict our attacking chances, which clearly worked for them, however their arent many better teams than Boro in this league and it isnt going to be the case that we get found out like Boro did to us.

The answer to your post is no, the honeymoon isn't over.

We more than matched the team that are 3rd in the league, DJ didn't have a save too make (nobody would have saved their goal), we had the better chances, a nailed on penalty and the wrong end of some disgraceful decisions in the 2nd half, Del called it totally right when he said that for some reason we never got a decision in the 2nd half.

But we did miss Elliott, a player who is much maligned on this forum but proved today how important he actually is.

We certainly need a Plan B when Albert is subdued by the oppostion (perhaps making more use of Pitman) but no doubt Del will come up with one, as well I suspect as a couple of new faces in Janaury. Still the result put to bed the nonsense about the play offs; there is a hell of a long way to go yet, especially with some other teams picking up good results.

We certainly need a Plan B when Albert is subdued by the oppostion (perhaps making more use of Pitman) but no doubt Del will come up with one, as well I suspect as a couple of new faces in Janaury. Still the result put to bed the nonsense about the play offs; there is a hell of a long way to go yet, especially with some other teams picking up good results.

The difference is we still matched the 3rd best team in this division in a very tight match, which ended controversially, under Millen we would have been royally dicked today, so we have made great strides in such a short period of time.

The answer to your post is no, the honeymoon isn't over.

We more than matched the team that are 3rd in the league, DJ didn't have a save too make (nobody would have saved their goal), we had the better chances, a nailed on penalty and the wrong end of some disgraceful decisions in the 2nd half, Del called it totally right when he said that for some reason we never got a decision in the 2nd half.

But we did miss Elliott, a player who is much maligned on this forum but proved today how important he actually is.

We definitely did and there's no other midfielder to take on the role he plays. .

No, Boro are a very defensive team who largely played with 6 men behind the ball.....making it incredibly hard to break down especially with Kilkenny so deep.

Two teams evenly matched, if anything we should be pleased that we have been even, arguably better than top teams in the league,

Even that a penalty was stolen from us and the ref terrible Boro are a good team. If Maynard have scored in the first and we have had a penalty things have offcause been different. City deserved at least 1 point. Millwall, Ipswich and Forest also lost thats important. Now we are playing Derby, why not 3 points there? Can the ref sleep good tonight when he see the handball?

You've made it sound like football is rocket science. It isn't.

Every team coming into a game with us will established that our two most effective outlets are Maynard and Adomah. So yeah, I guess all 23 Championship teams have 'worked us out'.

The questionable positioning thing with James is bull. He was where he should've been and was beaten by a free-kick that would beat most keepers 9/10 times. The fact it wasn't a free-kick is more pertinent.

The honeymoon period isn't over, because I think it's largely a fallacy. A lot of teams start brightly under a new man, and lots don't.

Cisse today was a rock, and the defence was pretty solid. James Wilson needs to distribute better, but you can't complain at a guy with as little experience as he has when he defends like he did today. You are quite right when you say that we need midfield cover. But Del knows what he needs.

Also, agreed with Elliott. His hustle and bustle, alongside Kilkenny's class and Cisse's awareness have been a key ingredient.

where we were sat in the ateyo we could see the huge gap to james left, good strike but if we could see the space then the lad obviously did.

He can't fill the whole goal. There will always be gaps. I've just seen the shot and it was a rocket that I don't think many keepers would have saved.

...of course Millen would have got it right by now and would have achieved more points than Del Boy by this stage?? :fastasleep:

The honeymoon is over, it's all Del Boy's fault!!! :disapointed2se:

Time to put that axe away and move on.

C'mon it's saturday night, GJ isn't here to have the boot put into him, Millen RR's messiah has gone (some sage eh) and he needs his saturday night argument, he's loaded the gun and when he gets hit by the ricochet, he can then play the victim, oh poor me............all the abuse I get.............boo hoo.

Jeez..as a Saints (Johnstone) fan, you have some negative types on here!! You deserved a penalty, had several very bad refereeing decisions against you in the second half, and an almost unstoppable free kick to spoil what should have been a point against one of the better teams in the championship. WT do you (addressed to the moaners!!) want until you stop moaning...the Champions League???

Archived