IGNORED

Murray Davidson Open To Robins Move

Ryan_BCFC

His name's popped up quite a few times now.

A highly rated player, don't know much about him myself.

Do we have £1 million to spend though?

Just because Lomas says he's worth £1million does not make it so. I suspect if we wanted him a deal would be done somewhere in the middle; the Saints chairman seems to be good at driving a hard bargain, but I don't think he's unreasonable and if Davidson wanted to move to us, I'm sure an arrangement would be made

Just because Lomas says he's worth £1million does not make it so. I suspect if we wanted him a deal would be done somewhere in the middle; the Saints chairman seems to be good at driving a hard bargain, but I don't think he's unreasonable and if Davidson wanted to move to us, I'm sure an arrangement would be made

Sling them David Clarkson into the mix. Actually give them any one of Hunt, JCR or Johnson if they will be so nice as to take them, Carey too.

No-one seems to be asking if this bloke is any good. Throwing figures like a million around doesn't actually buy much quality these days and the fact he was linked to Rangers doesn't mean much either. Pretty much all Scottish starlets are linked with the Old Firm.

How do the Saints fans rate him? dunno.gif

No-one seems to be asking if this bloke is any good. Throwing figures like a million around doesn't actually buy much quality these days and the fact he was linked to Rangers doesn't mean much either. Pretty much all Scottish starlets are linked with the Old Firm.

very highly according to the last post about him on here a few weeks back,

We've yet to see what McInnes is like in the transfer market so I wouldn't take any notice of us being linked to any of his former players as that will just be agents trying to drum up business,

I think we may see more pearson like business ie. coming out of the blue

for the first time since our play off season we have a balnced midfield a decent defence and attacking options but we are still over loaded with crap so I doubt we will be shelling out 1 million on any one player until we've had at least a small clearout

some will no doubt be shout and moaning about lansdown not getting his cheque book out but just remember we've just announced another 11 million loss and I think its going to be the last of the million pound players coming into the club until the wages have been brought under control

Very highly rated by Saints fans. He's also made a few Scotland squads, something that's very difficult for a young player who's not with the Old Firm or playing in England to achieve. As for what he's worth, then it depends on what people are willing to pay I suppose, but worse players have certainly moved for more. I don't want him to leave Saints, but if he does then much prefer it's to you than Rangers.

The engine on the guy is phenomenal.He goes about his business quietly harassing the opposition players then,bang,a crunching tackle in defence or a run in the box to score.

An opposing managers nightmare.

taken from the saints forum- seems like another elliot type player- i would imagine with more quality, however i think saturday proved that marvin is all as importaint as killa and cisse.

Off of there forum -

(Good chat from Lomas but not a chance he's worth 1 million. The only game he's been a stand out in this seasons is the Aberdeen game. Too many games still pass him by - lots of effort but little real contribution aside from big crowd pleasing tackles.

I don't know what the reasons are, but for me he's been treading water for a while now. Lomas seems a good man manager so hopefully he'll help him become the player he's capable of being.)

Dont sound the best of reviews :(

Off of there forum -

(Good chat from Lomas but not a chance he's worth 1 million. The only game he's been a stand out in this seasons is the Aberdeen game. Too many games still pass him by - lots of effort but little real contribution aside from big crowd pleasing tackles.

I don't know what the reasons are, but for me he's been treading water for a while now. Lomas seems a good man manager so hopefully he'll help him become the player he's capable of being.)

Dont sound the best of reviews :(

To be fair, the guy who made this post is not a football manager. Del rates Murray very highly, Levein has had him in the Scotland squad and Lomas has had him in the team since he arrived and clearly rates him - who would you say is better qualified to judge?

Does make me laugh how some people dismiss Elliot. I'd have him over Cisse any day dont get me wrong Cisse is good but Elliot is the one who drives our midfield on.

Elliot playing in Cisse's position would be bad for the team. Elliot likes to make forward runs where as Cisse sits and protects the back four for 90 minutes. If Elliot was our holding midfielder and made such runs he could leave massive gaps for the opposition to exploit us.

Funny how he worked well in a 2 in the first couple of seasons now all of a sudden we have got to play with a 3 ? Why not 442 everyone is happy...James, Skuse-Carey-Fontaine-McGivern, Adomah-Elliot-Kilkenny-Pearson?, Maynard-Pitman.

Because with a 4-4-2 we dont have the balance. 4-3-3 has worked brilliantly since Del has come in... why change it? would be daft imo.

Archived