IGNORED

Cisse Interview

solo1bc

Cisse's interview in the evening post seems to offer a strange and rather sad insight into Keiths time at the club... Basically Cisse was told in pre-season that he wasn't going to be picked for the first team...

Seem's very strange considering his involvement at the end of last season and even stranger that you'd tell a player that he's basically got no chance of getting selected. Seems obvious that this is what encouraged the cosy attitude of some other players who must have known they would be picked regardless of performance and it must have damaged morale badly in training etc.

Hope you've learned your lession Keith cos that's some pretty awful man-management especially considering he's now one of our best players!

Cisse is a keyplayer in City. Did a very god job last season. Strange that KM did not play him. We really gonna mis him if he should play for Mali in Afrca cup. More than Albert I think.

Absolutely right.

Either Cisse was seriously out of shape after the summer or he and Millen had some other serious issue. It probably the fitness issue. Millen was very strict on players looking after themselves during the close season. They were weighed before and upon their return and great emphasis was placed on staying in reasonable shape. If Cisse was seriously out of shape then Millen had every right to be pissed off with him.

I guess we'll never know.

The whole "fat club" thing was Gary Johnson's. I quite agree managers are entitled to expect players to come back in good shape (even if their name is Trundle). Funny though that if Johnson did it he was bullying the poor dears but if Millen did it it was entirely reasonable.:innocent06:

The day we get a defence that can stand by themselves we will not play two defensive central midfielders against any team in this division. Millen made his choice and from that perspective he did the right thing trying to get rid of Cisse to possibly get a central defender in.

Would Cisse have been a good player under Millen having been told he was surplus to requirement?

Millen made the wrong choice.

If he wanted to play two defensive midfielders then Cisse should have been first choice, he's better all round player then both Eliiott and Skuse.

Like I said many times before, should never have got the job in the first place. Thank god the blokes gone.

Millen made the wrong choice.

If he wanted to play two defensive midfielders then Cisse should have been first choice, he's better all round player then both Eliiott and Skuse.

Like I said many times before, should never have got the job in the first place. Thank god the blokes gone.

Maybe so but we don't know what Cisse would have been like starting the season.

Nyatanga ended last season in style, was given shirt number 5 but started the season poorly.

All speculation. A manager need to make a decision and with Skuse & Elliott also on longer contracts it probably was the right decision in Millens eyes.

Maybe so but we don't know what Cisse would have been like starting the season.

Nyatanga ended last season in style, was given shirt number 5 but started the season poorly.

All speculation. A manager need to make a decision and with Skuse & Elliott also on longer contracts it probably was the right decision in Millens eyes.

Then Millen must be blind as well, because it was clear last season that Skuse and Elliott together in midfield was a failed partnership, but still he blindly and stubbornly carried on, not very bright really.

they had a bust up in pre season on the training ground. Neither backed down, cisse said something on the lines of millens training and tactics were shite.Millen pulled rank, and they pretty much chose not to talk to one another. Witnessed by staff member I know.

Of course this is only the part he saw, there could be a lot more back ground stuff to this argument he didn't see.

That's all I know.

Correct...and that's not half the story. All our problems early doors, have been down to Km having personal problems with playing staff.

It's not rocket science to see that we have players that can perform at this level.

We'll be lucky to see KM as manager at any league club in the future.

We all have to remember we are fans of BCFC...the playing staff are not. They do not have the loyalty we have. They get paid to do a job.

They go to work like we do.

Are we that passionate about our employees?

I guess not. We support BCFC...they are our passion.

The players and managers for BCFC have no alligiance like we do. It's a job.

We all work hard for a manager we respect. It's as simple as that.

All our players can do a job...it's finding the motivation and respect.

Not playing Kalifa Cisse is the biggest single contributing factor as to why Keith 'Steve' Millen lost his job.

I too would agree. Didn't think much of Cisse when he was played in defence but towards the end of last season I was very very impressed when he was played in a more favoured position.

Does sound like poor man management. Surely you give players goals to reach rather than saying they just ain't gonna be a part of the team?! (even if they aren't!). Can't believe it if it's true, all this BS on the player videos that you get!

Delboy & The doc > Steve!!

all the players played poorly and now there all playing well... why? because Millen was clueless and using poor tactics/selection... And Mcinnes knows what's he's doing...

And before you say, dont give me bollox that they were not trying cos that's not in anyone's best interest

all the players played poorly and now there all playing well... why? because Millen was clueless and using poor tactics/selection... And Mcinnes knows what's he's doing...

And before you say, dont give me bollox that they were not trying cos that's not in anyone's best interest

I think to say its bollocks is a bit much Riaz, the effort of the players is something that shout be considered. It won't achieve anything now of course but... As the paying public it's worth pondering over how inept those players were at the start of the season regardless of management.

If Cisse was not in Millen's plans it was the right thing to tell him the truth hoping he would find himself another club cutting our costs.

Surely the end of last season is the right time to do that though and why unsettle a player and probably the squad during pre-season. If you don't want a player then try to move him on but it's the manager's job to keep them motivated in the mean time.

Likewise if he came back unfit cos surely it was Keiths job to get him fit if that's the case.

How about .. Millen gave Cisse a fitness / diet plan for the summer, he came back very out of shape/overweight. During pre season Cisse was struggling so Millen went for him and told him that he had to do extra work to catch up on his fitness , cisse told him in front of the rest of the squad to **** off , they had a row and Cisse told him he was a S**** manager and his tactics were P*** poor. Millen had no choice but to tell him that he wouldn't be part of his plans... As a manager in my job i totally understand millen doing that. You can't let players / employees undermind you and show a lack of respect especially in front of others. If you do then you have lost all respect from everyone. You have to take a stand it doesn't matter how good they are Johnson did it with Trundle even Sir Alex did it with Beckham.....

This came from someone very close to one of the above. True ?? I don't know but i have no reason to dis-believe them.

As a manager in my job i totally understand millen doing that. You can't let players / employees undermind you and show a lack of respect especially in front of others. If you do then you have lost all respect from everyone.

Completely agree but you can do it in different ways and the way Millen handled it he clearly lost the respect of everyone anyway. Also if one of your employees did this then you'd still have to manage them in a way that you're getting some value from them no?

How about .. Millen gave Cisse a fitness / diet plan for the summer, he came back very out of shape/overweight. During pre season Cisse was struggling so Millen went for him and told him that he had to do extra work to catch up on his fitness , cisse told him in front of the rest of the squad to **** off , they had a row and Cisse told him he was a S**** manager and his tactics were P*** poor. Millen had no choice but to tell him that he wouldn't be part of his plans... As a manager in my job i totally understand millen doing that. You can't let players / employees undermind you and show a lack of respect especially in front of others. If you do then you have lost all respect from everyone. You have to take a stand it doesn't matter how good they are Johnson did it with Trundle even Sir Alex did it with Beckham.....

This came from someone very close to one of the above. True ?? I don't know but i have no reason to dis-believe them.

If that's the case, then Millen has to take some responsibility for allowing that situation to develop. As a manager, you have to handle and deal with the personalities in your team, and that's a failure on his part. You should never ridicule or accuse members of your team in front of the rest of the squad unless you know they will respond in the right way, otherwise it should always be done in 1 to 1s. You have to know the people and Millen clearly didn't understand them.

For me, the most telling part of the interview is where DM talks about the "relegation battle". The problem he has is that he has instilled so much belief in the team and they have achieved such good results against the best teams in the division that he now has trouble motivating the players.

Too good to go down, too few points to make the playoffs.

This quote from Ribeiro also says a lot about life under Millen, "I haven't been injured at all this year and it was a little frustrating to be frozen out of the team under the previous manager, especially with the team losing every week"

where did that one come from?

where did that one come from?

Not surprising, everyone from the Millen regime thought he was made of glass. It is the way he reacts to the merest of touch even in training.

It will be interesting to see what Mcinnes makes of him because all of Ribero's problems are in his head.

he really is a hypercondriac when it comes to injries, he needs to sort out his head concerning that and he may prove to McInnes he is worth a place in the team.

From what I understand, his plans were to go out on loan, then leave city in The sumer for a League 1 team if Millen was still in charge! This may change now

Not surprising, everyone from the Millen regime thought he was made of glass. It is the way he reacts to the merest of touch even in training.

It will be interesting to see what Mcinnes makes of him because all of Ribero's problems are in his head.

he really is a hypercondriac when it comes to injries, he needs to sort out his head concerning that and he may prove to McInnes he is worth a place in the team.

From what I understand, his plans were to go out on loan, then leave city in The sumer for a League 1 team if Millen was still in charge! This may change now

You maybe correct, but 3 players have now publicly made mention of Millens selection policy, especially during a 9 game winless run and I think you could probably add a 4th with Fontaine, who I understand was fit enough to play several weeks earlier and strangely the 3 games that Wigley chose the team (if you include Birmingham) Ribeiro, Cisse and Fontaine all featured in those squads.

You maybe correct, but 3 players have now publicly made mention of Millens selection policy, especially during a 9 game winless run and I think you could probably add a 4th with Fontaine, who I understand was fit enough to play several weeks earlier and strangely the 3 games that Wigley chose the team (if you include Birmingham) Ribeiro, Cisse and Fontaine all featured in those squads.

No doubt there has been a issue with Millen somewhere along the line, I guess you see that at any club, just look at Lampard throwing his toys out of his p r a m today.

What is good that these payers have not made waves in public while the manager was at the helm, which shows some sort of professionalism.

What I said About Ribs is true though, and one of the reasons Millen did not play him as he was not willing to put his body on the line, I think it hasn't helped that Millen made that public about him, doesn't do much for your self confidence, that I believe is one of the biggest failings of Millen, he should have kept that private.

Edit, god knows why the word pram hyperlinked to a ebay site!!

No doubt there has been a issue with Millen somewhere along the line, I guess you see that at any club, just look at Lampard throwing his toys out of his pram today.

What is good that these payers have not made waves in public while the manager was at the helm, which shows some sort of professionalism.

What I said About Ribs is true though, and one of the reasons Millen did not play him as he was not willing to put his body on the line, I think it hasn't helped that Millen made that public about him, doesn't do much for your self confidence, that I believe is one of the biggest failings of Millen, he should have kept that private.

Exactly there are 2 parties who needed to be professional in this scenario the players and the manager.

to be honest that one doesn't bother me as I think ribs is over rated and not that good a player infact I think skuse is a btter right back and I can't stand skuse so thats says it all,

But there is ways of dealing with things and our last manager didnt get that

Archived