IGNORED

Cisse Interview

solo1bc

Cisse's interview in the evening post seems to offer a strange and rather sad insight into Keiths time at the club... Basically Cisse was told in pre-season that he wasn't going to be picked for the first team...

Seem's very strange considering his involvement at the end of last season and even stranger that you'd tell a player that he's basically got no chance of getting selected. Seems obvious that this is what encouraged the cosy attitude of some other players who must have known they would be picked regardless of performance and it must have damaged morale badly in training etc.

Hope you've learned your lession Keith cos that's some pretty awful man-management especially considering he's now one of our best players!

Cisse was one of our better players last year in the short spell he played. It wasn't difficult to see that. He does all the basics absolutely right 95% of the time. I'd have thought he was manger's dream.

That is why concerns emerged about KM as far back as season opener. He was consumed by a mixture of arrogance and complacency.

Is anyone else surprised that the fans have heard nothing at all from such a 'nice guy' since his departure? I'd have thought after all those years he'd have at least said something.

Stands out in marked comparison to the goodbye we received from Enoch Showumni.

Anyway, keep going Cisse!

I reserve judgement on teflon until his side of things come out but I have heard a few times about cisse being frozen out, although I've never been his greatest fan he has shut me up big time with his performances and I'm happy to be wrong about him

Is anyone else surprised that the fans have heard nothing at all from such a 'nice guy' since his departure? I'd have thought after all those years he'd have at least said something.

Adam Baker has said (a week or two after Keiths departure), that his statement was with the LMA for checking.

That was a long time ago - must be a hell of a statement!

Not playing Kalifa Cisse is the biggest single contributing factor as to why Keith 'Steve' Millen lost his job.

When we were desperately crying out for protection for the defence and an opportunity to push Kilkenny forward, Millen refused to play him.

Since he's come back in Cisse has been our most consistent performer: breaking up opposition play, harrying them into making mistakes, pushing them back, winning the ball and always finding one of our more creative players.

He's not Albert, but his job is equally important to the one Albert plays.

Not playing Kalifa Cisse is the biggest single contributing factor as to why Keith 'Steve' Millen lost his job.

When we were desperately crying out for protection for the defence and an opportunity to push Kilkenny forward, Millen refused to play him.

Since he's come back in Cisse has been our most consistent performer: breaking up opposition play, harrying them into making mistakes, pushing them back, winning the ball and always finding one of our more creative players.

He's not Albert, but his job is equally important to the one Albert plays.

I would have to agree with that entirely.

Rediculous if true. Why tell any player that?

That's one side of the coin, it seems fairly obvious that such a reaction would take some provocation. There were many a rumour about Kalifa being unfit at the start I preseason to the point where Keith reacted that way.

I don't know whether that's true but Millen hardly seemed the sort to bomb a player out without some kind of justification. Alls well that ends well as Kalifa seems to have the right attitude under Derek and is performing well.

Whilst Keith must and has shouldered the blame for the utterly horrendous start to the season the players must also be judged, especially now they have shown they have the ability. These men showed little to no desire for the club at the start of season lest we forget.

Not that going over old ground achieves anything. Derek is here and times are looking exciting.

That's one side of the coin, it seems fairly obvious that such a reaction would take some provocation. There were many a rumour about Kalifa being unfit at the start I preseason to the point where Keith reacted that way.

I don't know whether that's true but Millen hardly seemed the sort to bomb a player out without some kind of justification. Alls well that ends well as Kalifa seems to have the right attitude under Derek and is performing well.

Whilst Keith must and has shouldered the blame for the utterly horrendous start to the season the players must also be judged, especially now they have shown they have the ability. These men showed little to no desire for the club at the start of season lest we forget.

Not that going over old ground achieves anything. Derek is here and times are looking exciting.

The trouble is there are some who said that Fontaine was subject to the same treatment before and certainly after the Southampton bid and that he was fully fit quite a while before getting his place back under DM.

Also if correct Millen did this because Cisse returned unfit, i'm sure he is/will not be only the pro player ever guilty of this and I would also say hardly a way to motivate a player back to full fitness by telling him he was not in Millens plans at all.

Do we know if Cisse is filling us in with the full picture?

He could of been told "There's no way I'm picking you for the team this season..............................................................................until you get fitter"

I don't know the in's and out's of what went on, but I'd find it very strange for Millen to have dropped one of our better players the previous season without any reason at all.

Do we know if Cisse is filling us in with the full picture?

He could of been told "There's no way I'm picking you for the team this season..............................................................................until you get fitter"

I don't know the in's and out's of what went on, but I'd find it very strange for Millen to have dropped one of our better players the previous season without any reason at all.

How many games did he play under Millen?, he must have been fit even Wigley played him.

Absolutely right.

Either Cisse was seriously out of shape after the summer or he and Millen had some other serious issue. It probably the fitness issue. Millen was very strict on players looking after themselves during the close season. They were weighed before and upon their return and great emphasis was placed on staying in reasonable shape. If Cisse was seriously out of shape then Millen had every right to be pissed off with him.

I guess we'll never know.

Absolutely right.

Either Cisse was seriously out of shape after the summer or he and Millen had some other serious issue. It probably the fitness issue. Millen was very strict on players looking after themselves during the close season. They were weighed before and upon their return and great emphasis was placed on staying in reasonable shape. If Cisse was seriously out of shape then Millen had every right to be pissed off with him.

I guess we'll never know.

they had a bust up in pre season on the training ground. Neither backed down, cisse said something on the lines of millens training and tactics were shite.Millen pulled rank, and they pretty much chose not to talk to one another. Witnessed by staff member I know.

Of course this is only the part he saw, there could be a lot more back ground stuff to this argument he didn't see.

That's all I know.

"Whilst Keith must and has shouldered the blame for the utterly horrendous start to the season the players must also be judged, especially now they have shown they have the ability. These men showed little to no desire for the club at the start of season lest we forget".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The trouble with that argument is Millen new exactly the ability that Cisse had, he played him 19 times with 10 sub appearances last season.

We needed (and still need and are looking for) a central defender and if both Elliott & Skuse was before Cisse in pecking order as defensive central midfielder in Millens eyes it was only the right thing to try and get rid of him

It wasnt right to continue playing a proven failed centre midfield partnership though.

At the end of the day, Millen learnt his trade under Gary Johnson, and unfortunately picked up one or two bad habits along the way. The same bad habits that ultimately cost Gary his job!

I'm so glad he has gone. Viva McInnes I say

It wasnt right to continue playing a proven failed centre midfield partnership though.

At the end of the day, Millen learnt his trade under Gary Johnson, and unfortunately picked up one or two bad habits along the way. The same bad habits that ultimately cost Gary his job!

Exactly more evidence of how clueless Millen was persisting with this failed partnership and putting Cisse behind them in the pecking order.

The day we get a defence that can stand by themselves we will not play two defensive central midfielders against any team in this division. Millen made his choice and from that perspective he did the right thing trying to get rid of Cisse to possibly get a central defender in.

Would Cisse have been a good player under Millen having been told he was surplus to requirement?

The day we get a defence that can stand by themselves we will not play two defensive central midfielders against any team in this division. Millen made his choice and from that perspective he did the right thing trying to get rid of Cisse to possibly get a central defender in.

Would Cisse have been a good player under Millen having been told he was surplus to requirement?

Is that you Keith?

What have you done with bristolcitysweden.It all makes sense now.cool2.gif

Archived