IGNORED

Iraq And Saudi Arabia Flags

Olé

May I ask why?

Of course you may.

There are health and safety issues for a start, not only on the part of the club but also on the individual. What happens if an away fan gets into the Gate shitfaced and falls down the length of the stand, sues the club and gets awarded substantial damages? Or what if that drunk fan gets incensed by a refereeing decision and manages to get on the pitch? Pretty sure the club would get fined.

Alcohol also fuels anti-social behaviour. Would you want your child scared by someone who feels the need to get drunk before 3pm? Or do you want to deal with the drunken idiot who starts a fight with another fan for no reason?

Whether the likelihood of these things happening is slim or not, prevention is as good as a cure. (You may probably have guessed that I'm a pub licensee, so I see all of these things on a regular basis. Plus I have to fill the forms out for aformentioned drunken idiots!)

Of course you may.

There are health and safety issues for a start, not only on the part of the club but also on the individual. What happens if an away fan gets into the Gate shitfaced and falls down the length of the stand, sues the club and gets awarded substantial damages? Or what if that drunk fan gets incensed by a refereeing decision and manages to get on the pitch? Pretty sure the club would get fined.

Alcohol also fuels anti-social behaviour. Would you want your child scared by someone who feels the need to get drunk before 3pm? Or do you want to deal with the drunken idiot who starts a fight with another fan for no reason?

Whether the likelihood of these things happening is slim or not, prevention is as good as a cure. (You may probably have guessed that I'm a pub licensee, so I see all of these things on a regular basis. Plus I have to fill the forms out for aformentioned drunken idiots!)

I think banning drunk people from football is a bit extreme. If a person is too inebriated then the stewards already have the right to eject them and generally will. So in that sense, 'drunk' people already are banned. How drunk somebody is is subjective to opinion and the person involved, it is a judgement call and I think it would cost the club more money than it's worth scrapping alcohol altogether.

Of course you may.

and what about those who like a drink at the football but behave themselves and have a bit of fun... More commonly known as the majority (of drinkers).

and what about those who like a drink at the football but behave themselves and have a bit of fun... More commonly known as the majority (of drinkers).

Exactly. I wasn't drinking yesterday but going away, having a few beers and a laugh is, for me anyway, all part of the fun. I was sat quite near them and they were just having a laugh, the flags are irresponsible but i dont see the big deal, probably done as a dare.

They were all in and suits and were clearly pissed up. Why bring the flags though, they had no relevance other than the Ghana one. There was an altercation at the end between a couple of them and a fellow City fan when they were singing horrible song about Brian Clough, to which the other lad shouted at them to show some respect and that Clough Sr was a legend, he had to be dragged away from them.

I think I saw the end of this argument going down the stairs at the end of the game. One of the lads wearing the suits was having an argument with two older fellas who I see at pretty much every away game and are absolute legends. I didn't have a clue what was going on, but I thought it was more likely that the guy wearing the suit had been out of order as, like I said, the two old guys are absolute top blokes. Would make sense if the distasteful Clough songs were the reason behind this.

Where are flags mentioned in my post?

I swear most on here wish fans would turn up to ground 3 hours before ko and sit down with a cup of tea and watch the game.

Let's be honest if these lads just had the flags and were sitting their quite and sober this thread would not be here that is FACT!

I think if people realised what these flags represented then there would have been some fireworks. This bunch were clearly there to cause a reaction, why else would you take flags of a terrorist regime who has killed thousands of people??

I think if people realised what these flags represented then there would have been some fireworks. This bunch were clearly there to cause a reaction, why else would you take flags of a terrorist regime who has killed thousands of people??

With out doubt. Thesr guys are prcks of the highest Order.

I mean a Al Qaeda Flag! it's not like you can just pop into town and pick one up, they must have thought long and hard and gone to a great deal of trouble to get their hands on one.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually be arrested for carrying one around with the terror laws in this country nowadays, which begs the question, why were they not ejected by the police and taken for questioning!

Its also the recognised Jihad declaration of war flag as used by Choudary and his MAC lot.

If an EDL flag was shown they would have rightfully been thrown out,not sure why stewards let an Al-Quaeda and Jihad war flag stay either.

Disappointed no-one challenged them over it. :englandsmile4wf:

Maybe the stewards did'nt know it was a al-qaeda flag?

I didn't realise the British flag was in there as well. Oh no that wouldn't be thousands that would be millions.

It's the truth though...

We are not classed as a Terrorist Organisation in this country though, so completely irrelevant.

If they want to Ban the Union Flag or English Flag anywhere else and call us Terrorist fair enough.

We are not classed as a Terrorist Organisation in this country though, so completely irrelevant.

If they want to Ban the Union Flag or English Flag anywhere else and call us Terrorist fair enough.

You know what, if people were to invade this country and kill your friends and family I dont think you would be too concerned with how they were classed, you would just be shit scared (i.e. terrorized) and probably want to fight back.

Exactly liken said in above post all I seen was Ghana, Iraq and Saudi!

I was at Derby on Saturday (poor game by the way) and these guys were sat about 4 or 5 rows in front of me. They appeared to be a little intoxicated, but I'm sure there were other intoxicated people at the match too!

The only flags that I saw was the same as Taunton. There was no Al-Qaeda flag that I could see.

I spoke to one of the guys at half-time whilst queing at the burger stand and he said that the Ghana flag was in support of Adomah and that a couple of their foreign friends who were over on business had come to their first ever football match in England and had brought the flags of their country along with them. Clearly they were over-excited and enjoying themselves, but in todays multi-cultural society we should probably be accepting of their freedom to carry their national flags.

It's kind of relevant, people seem to forget our history when talking about terrorism or mass murder.

It is not relevant to this, it is just an excuse to get a argument of oour past and current attrocities.

We are seen as a Nation. Al Qaeda are not a Nation they are a group with a flag, completely different.

Every country in the worlkd hass done things they are not proud of. Al Qaeda are not a country, they are a terrorist group that kills its own and foriegners.

Completely and utterly irrelevant.

I went on Google images and typed in ' flag with orange dot arabic writing ' as I was curious on what the flag was as I hadn't seen a flag like that before. I scrolled down and sure enough I found it. Clicked link and it said it was the Al Qaeda flag. Just to double check I typed in Al Qaeda flag and sure enough that is what it was

I googled Al Quaeda flag and it looks more yellow than orange. As there are no photos of the flag being shown, how can we be sure this isn't a huge misunderstanding?

You know what, if people were to invade this country and kill your friends and family I dont think you would be too concerned with how they were classed, you would just be shit scared (i.e. terrorized) and probably want to fight back.

So waving a flag a football match is fighting back!

Yet again irrelevant to this thread

Al Qaeda's basic 'beef 'is that there are non Muslim soldiers (Americans) in the 'holy country' (Saudi Arabia) and these 'infidel' soldiers even include - shock horror - women in uniform! These troops were invited into Saudi Arabia by the country's government during the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and although much reduced a force remains near Riyadh at the request of the Saudi authorities.

So flying the Al Qaeda flag has nothing to do with anyone invading anyone but a lot to do with a ****witted show of support for an organisation that sends people to blow up planes and trains carrying innocent men, women and children.

That was me having an argument with the guy in the suit.

My mate told him him he was being disrespectful singing that song about Brian Clough so he got threatened.

I was just having a go at him about that.

He just walked off in the end.

I told me mate he should have just ignored them and not get involved but it's hard not to sometimes when that rubbish is coming out of their mouths.

I didn't know who they were.

Never seen them before.

Archived