IGNORED

Iraq And Saudi Arabia Flags

Olé

So waving a flag a football match is fighting back!

Yet again irrelevant to this thread

No, but waving their flag anywhere in this country should hopefully enlighten some voters to the plight of ordinary people in these country's caused by our Lib\Lab\Con government jingoistic foreign policy when they send solders to kill people to secure resources - You cant tell me any of the mainstream media would tell us about the nasty things our government do around the world!

No, but waving their flag anywhere in this country should hopefully enlighten some voters to the plight of ordinary people in these country's caused by our Lib\Lab\Con government jingoistic foreign policy when they send solders to kill people to secure resources - You cant tell me any of the mainstream media would tell us about the nasty things our government do around the world!

Think Piers Morgan and the Daily Mirror would beg to differ , and you don't get much more mainstream than that. Happily published hoax pics as I remember.

I am still confused. How are city fans waving a al qaeda flag brings any aknowledgement!!! It is not "their flag" I don't understand your line of thought on this. It makes no sense what so ever. Now if it was a group of al qaeda activists maybe your argument may hold up. But it was apparently a bunch of suited and booted city fans.

All very bizarre and not in the least bit funny.

I was just thinking the same thing. Throw in WW1, WW2, Boer War, War of Independence etc and we cant be far off a million or two deaths caused by British Foreign policy.

I think ww2 had more to do with Germany's foreign policy. We can't be blamed for every war in history :)

They had another one as well but it was kept hidden the majority of the time, it was black had an orange dot, with orange arabic writing above the dot. I have seen the group at other away games before Christmas, they were at Hull last season and I have seen them at Doncaster as well in December. Must be their christmas do as such an away game.

Is this the Flag you mentioned? personally if i ever see this i would grab it and burn it.

You heard of 'The Crusades'?

Yes and nothing to do with Britain!

I was just thinking the same thing. Throw in WW1, WW2, Boer War, War of Independence etc and we cant be far off a million or two deaths caused by British Foreign policy.

British Foreign Policy was for example to stand alone against Nazism - that was terrorism? A war between Great Britain and British emigrants over taxes was terrorism? I dont think even the person who originally alleged that Britain has been a terrorist nation would agree with any of that.

If you are thinking of the concentration camps during the second Boer War you have a point, however as wrong as that was it was not a calculated act of terrorism to compare with the deliberate killing of innocent people.

Yes during the Empire building years Britain carried out many acts which were wrong. But current generations cannot be blamed for that.

To suggest that British policy has ever been in the slightest bit comparable to some of the nutcase terrorist groups running around the world today is just plain wrong and more importantly highly disrespectful to the British soldiers who have served in every single war since WW1.

British Foreign Policy was for example to stand alone against Nazism - that was terrorism? A war between Great Britain and British emigrants over taxes was terrorism? I dont think even the person who originally alleged that Britain has been a terrorist nation would agree with any of that.

If you are thinking of the concentration camps during the second Boer War you have a point, however as wrong as that was it was not a calculated act of terrorism to compare with the deliberate killing of innocent people.

Yes during the Empire building years Britain carried out many acts which were wrong. But current generations cannot be blamed for that.

To suggest that British policy has ever been in the slightest bit comparable to some of the nutcase terrorist groups running around the world today is just plain wrong and more importantly highly disrespectful to the British soldiers who have served in every single war since WW1.

Woah there, I never said that British Foreign Policy was Terrorist-like and to blame for all of the wars we have been involved with throughout history, just pointing out that Briain has a FAR from squeeky-clean history. BTW, I have members of my immediate family in the Forces and I would never try to belittle their efforts.

1323714805' post=1478471']

Don't forget the Ancient Briton policy that forced the Romans to invade.

History is history - todays generations are not to blame for any of it let alone the Crusades (:laugh:) or todays German people who are not at all to blame for WWII. It is what happens today which is important and of course Saturday.

You heard of 'The Crusades'?

Would that be the attempts by a multi-national western European, religiously inspired, force of aristocrats and retainers to retake Jerusalem and the 'Holy Land' - a hitherto largely Christian and Jewish part of the Middle East which had been conquered by military force by Muslim Arabs about 100 years before?

Not sure what that has to do with British foreign policy?

Woah there, I never said that British Foreign Policy was Terrorist-like and to blame for all of the wars we have been involved with throughout history, just pointing out that Briain has a FAR from squeeky-clean history. BTW, I have members of my immediate family in the Forces and I would never try to belittle their efforts.

Fair enough mate. There was an anti-Britain tone developing on this thread based on ignorance and a belief no doubt that its cool to knock this country which is quite ironic when most of the world seems to want to live here.

Britain doesnt have a squeaky clean history but the conduct of UK foreign policy over the past 100 years in terms of protecting opressed minorities, standing up to dictators, justice, liberty and so on would stand up rather well against any other country on the planet.

Fair enough mate. There was an anti-Britain tone developing on this thread based on ignorance and a belief no doubt that its cool to knock this country which is quite ironic when most of the world seems to want to live here.

Britain doesnt have a squeaky clean history but the conduct of UK foreign policy over the past 100 years in terms of protecting opressed minorities, standing up to dictators, justice, liberty and so on would stand up rather well against any other country on the planet.

To right, the inference in at least one of the above posts that HM Forces have been disturbing a hither to human existance of utopia. I suggest the poster in question looks at Syria's current affairs for example.

Would that be the attempts by a multi-national western European, religiously inspired, force of aristocrats and retainers to retake Jerusalem and the 'Holy Land' - a hitherto largely Christian and Jewish part of the Middle East which had been conquered by military force by Muslim Arabs about 100 years before?

Not sure what that has to do with British foreign policy?

Pretty much history repeating itself. Europe had a joing venture, a few years later, England joined in, got bored and pulled out when it appeared that it didn't really benefit us any. Sound familiar?

I was at Derby on Saturday (poor game by the way) and these guys were sat about 4 or 5 rows in front of me. They appeared to be a little intoxicated, but I'm sure there were other intoxicated people at the match too!

The only flags that I saw was the same as Taunton. There was no Al-Qaeda flag that I could see.

I spoke to one of the guys at half-time whilst queing at the burger stand and he said that the Ghana flag was in support of Adomah and that a couple of their foreign friends who were over on business had come to their first ever football match in England and had brought the flags of their country along with them. Clearly they were over-excited and enjoying themselves, but in todays multi-cultural society we should probably be accepting of their freedom to carry their national flags.

I was at Derby just to the right of the lads. I also only saw the Ghana, Saudi and Iraq flags.

They obviously wernt waving the Al-Qaeda flag as much because most people have only seen the other three.

I was at Derby just to the right of the lads. I also only saw the Ghana, Saudi and Iraq flags.

They obviously wernt waving the Al-Qaeda flag as much because most people have only seen the other three.

Ha-ha, theres now an Iraq flag too! sounds like these guys could of opened a flag shop!!? Did anyone spot any from the Democratic Republic of Congo!?:innocent06:

Pretty much history repeating itself. Europe had a joing venture, a few years later, England joined in, got bored and pulled out when it appeared that it didn't really benefit us any. Sound familiar?

You can't even really talk of England as it exists now, in the 12th Century. We were just a tract of land parcelled out between French-speaking knights and with French kings who also owned lots of other places and spent much of their time - in France!

Archived