IGNORED

How Are We All Feeling?

SecretSam

Now that the honeymoon with Del boy is over, how are we all feeling? I saw the boys at Millwall and Watford, and the improvement over the game I saw at Palarse was amazing.

Sounds like they were a bit unlucky against Derby and Boro, but we could have done with a couple of points from them.

So how are we all feeling now the DI has settled in?

I live by the attitude what will be will be we have a great prospect slightly proven mahger in del boy what ever happens lets keep him we will have a clear out at the end of the season something we have needed in the last few years a new broom a new perspective i have hope for the future lets move forward rather than back

After the dreadful start to the season we had (before Mcinnes) he is spot on to state that his main objective for the rest of this season is to avoid relegation.

That is a realistic (and achievable I believe) target and so long as we don't go down I will be very happy.

Then, as others have said, he will have a clear-out of the dead wood in the summer and then we will start the next season with renewed hope and ambition.

I would agree that the phrase 'honeymoon period' does have connotations that the pick up in results is largely down to luck or simply the players trying a bit harder for a new manager and that would be unfair on McInnes. He has impressed me greatly, realises the importance of possesion, understands that if you're not carrying a threat to opposition you cannot win the game and seems to pick players where they are at the best doing the things they are good at. He has also greatly impressed me as a person.

Having said all that, I'm afraid that deep down I would take 21st now if you offered it to me. Then the summer and next season he could really stamp his authority on the club from top to bottom.

I would agree that the phrase 'honeymoon period' does have connotations that the pick up in results is largely down to luck or simply the players trying a bit harder for a new manager and that would be unfair on McInnes. He has impressed me greatly, realises the importance of possesion, understands that if you're not carrying a threat to opposition you cannot win the game and seems to pick players where they are at the best doing the things they are good at. He has also greatly impressed me as a person.

Having said all that, I'm afraid that deep down I would take 21st now if you offered it to me. Then the summer and next season he could really stamp his authority on the club from top to bottom.

Don't underestimate the effect new managers can have on a team. There is definitely an element of players trying just a bit harder to impress and have no doubt we certainly saw that after McInnes took over.

Since then he's selected the same players every week, availability permitting and I'm sure that some players are beginning to take their starting spot for granted. I'm also sure that the unacceptable performance at Derby reflected that. That performance was very similar to the type of performance that Millen was getting. It clearly took McInnes by surprise but there is a history at City stemming back several seasons of players getting too familiar within the comfort zone.

Its not a criticism of McInnes. Like everyone I've been impressive with him and am thankful that he's got City trying to play some decent stuff but having lost that last two games the pressure is mounting once again. I know its early in his reign at City but it will be very interesting to see how he deals with players in the comfort zone.

I live by the attitude what will be will be we have a great prospect slightly proven mahger in del boy what ever happens lets keep him we will have a clear out at the end of the season something we have needed in the last few years a new broom a new perspective i have hope for the future lets move forward rather than back

What I'd write would be a spell-checked version of this.

Looking forward to all the games this season, looking forward to next season even more.

Don't underestimate the effect new managers can have on a team. There is definitely an element of players trying just a bit harder to impress and have no doubt we certainly saw that after McInnes took over.

Since then he's selected the same players every week, availability permitting and I'm sure that some players are beginning to take their starting spot for granted. I'm also sure that the unacceptable performance at Derby reflected that. That performance was very similar to the type of performance that Millen was getting. It clearly took McInnes by surprise but there is a history at City stemming back several seasons of players getting too familiar within the comfort zone.

Its not a criticism of McInnes. Like everyone I've been impressive with him and am thankful that he's got City trying to play some decent stuff but having lost that last two games the pressure is mounting once again. I know its early in his reign at City but it will be very interesting to see how he deals with players in the comfort zone.

We were poor on Saturday I'm certainly not going to disagree with that, but I wouldn't say there was a lack of effort due to being in 'the comfort zone'. We didn't show anywhere near enough quality on the ball, although we did show more than Derby, but I wouldn't say you could ever label slopiness on the ball as a lack off effort. Derby, like Watford and Middlesbrough before them, showed us more respect than we had previously experienced this season and therefore it becomes more difficult to break them down.

We obviously managed it with the goal and then that should have been the end of the game. Neither team had looked like scoring until that point and we should have just controlled the game from there on in. A bit of good play from their left winger got them their equaliser and I agree after that it was similar to the performance under Millen, instead of bouncing back like we did against Barnsley, Millwall and Burnley we seemed to have lost our new found confidence and ultimately that is very worrying.

i like the way he takes defeat on the chin,in a clever way,he blamed the ref and the dive that cost us against boro,no one will disagree with that game but he quite clearly said we deserved to lose after not capitalising on derby instead of

'we'll go back and watch it again,see where we went wrong' which was getting boring.

he knew where we went wrong at the end of the game and ive no doubt an extra day has been spent working on it rather than watching it again.

i wonder sometimes how many points we would have now if km was still in charge?

there have been promising comments also from supporters of other teams that say we arent relegation fodder,this in itself speaks volumes.

one last thing,i believe the maynard thing is also holding us back,it cant be nice for other players wondering whats going on,how much hes being offered etc,the sooner thats sorted the better.tbh,i hope he goes now,Pitman did us proud last season

I'm not sure about him yet. It's only been a few games, we've not seen him in the transfer window, and in the last two games he's made changes to a team in a drawing position and we've gone on to lose both games. I think the great start we made under him have made too many people go way too far in their praise. On the flip side I think he has a really poor set of players to work with, so i'm not sure what i expect from him. I just pray there are 3 teams worse than us this season and the forthcoming mass clear-out at the end of the season is handled well.

It's just too early, many people have made a decision based on the players performing better after a new manager comes in, that happens all the time. I'll start getting the hype when I see how we respond to terrible performances, and who he can bring in player wise.

As far as I'm concerned the only person who has said the "honeymoon period is over" is that **** who writes for the Evening Post, you know the paper which also said at the weekend that Rovers were on their way up (after 5 points from their last 21 plus of course wins over the mighty Corby and Totton, double standards? never).

I think it will be a struggle all season to stay up but the change we made obviously gives us a far better chance of doing so.

Apologies for the honeymoon period comment - no offence meant, but there will be a settling in phase - as with anyone in a new job

When we're talking about dead wood, whom do we mean specifically?

I'd suggest DJ, Carey, Macca, LJ and possibly Clarkson (although I'd like to see him in the "Kilkenny" role) - any more?

Most of the above have given good service (and I'm not an LJ hater, I don't have a problem with him) - but getting shot would reduce our wage bill

Oh - and we'll need to get Maynard gone and move on with Pitman (sorry, Nicky)

Another thing - does Nicky drive an R8 - and is it black - and is his other half a typical "WAG" looking lass? May have passed him on the motorway the other day :whistle2:

Now that the honeymoon with Del boy is over, how are we all feeling? I saw the boys at Millwall and Watford, and the improvement over the game I saw at Palarse was amazing.

Sounds like they were a bit unlucky against Derby and Boro, but we could have done with a couple of points from them.

So how are we all feeling now the DI has settled in?

I'm not sure about him yet. It's only been a few games, we've not seen him in the transfer window, and in the last two games he's made changes to a team in a drawing position and we've gone on to lose both games. I think the great start we made under him have made too many people go way too far in their praise. On the flip side I think he has a really poor set of players to work with, so i'm not sure what i expect from him. I just pray there are 3 teams worse than us this season and the forthcoming mass clear-out at the end of the season is handled well.

It's just too early, many people have made a decision based on the players performing better after a new manager comes in, that happens all the time. I'll start getting the hype when I see how we respond to terrible performances, and who he can bring in player wise.

I'd be more concerned if the subs were made with a view to shutting up shop and we had then gone on to lose , but at least he was trying to get a win. It worked against Burnley when Pitman was brought on at 1-1 and we went on to win the game. Probably seems strange as it's not something we've been used to for the last couple of years

After the dreadful start to the season we had (before Mcinnes) he is spot on to state that his main objective for the rest of this season is to avoid relegation.

That is a realistic (and achievable I believe) target and so long as we don't go down I will be very happy.

Then, as others have said, he will have a clear-out of the dead wood in the summer and then we will start the next season with renewed hope and ambition.

Snap! My thoughts exactly.

Better than under Millen to the poster, three winnable games, nine points from Forest, Coventry & Millwall we will be going in the right direction, massive three games imo, if we want to be out of relegation problems & climbing the table. If this is not the case still no panic, but the honeymoon is over, every point in this division is hard, as proved in the last three games but with the new manager & players hopefully he will bring in Jan, we will be ok, then go for it next season.

Archived