IGNORED

Show Nicky At Least Some Respect

The Humble Realist

Indeed, and Barnet were always going to be compensated well for Albert's departure, something the club, the fans, and the player himself were always aware of.

You take your luck with tribunals. What did we get him for in the end? 150k not mega bucks even for league 2 to be fair.

What difference does that make. Nicky didn't set the price of ask city to pay it. Next...

If this is the question you would like me to answer Nicky Maynard cost us £2,25 mil on top of a extremely good sallary and the club would like to get a bit back of the current value with a contract expiring in July. How much did Barnet lose out on transfer fees?

If I recall wasn't it the fact Blackpool went public in stating their interest in Adomah that turned his head on signing a new contract for Barnet. He was in League 2 at the time and Blackpool were Premier League, so you can hardly blame him for wanting a move away.

So why didn't he go there? Much like pitman, money maybe? I thought everyone wanted to make it to the prem.

Just playing devils advocate again

Maynard clearly thinks he is good enough for premier league, can't say I think he is. You can't blame him for wanting to move away. The club must think he is worth it to put a big transfer fee on his head. So they must know prem teams are sniffing around him, and so will he.

I believe he isn't good enough as well, but, Maynard is a confident bloke and he will believe he is too good for this league so I expect he thinks there is a team out there for him to.

No. Maynard's actions have made him deeply unpopular with a great many City fans and some voice their annoyance in less measured terms than others. Just as you'd expect.

You seem to be defending the every move of a clearly greedy individual which seems very strange for an emotionally involved BCFC fan.

Playing Devil's Advocate is one thing, but you seem to genuinely believe he is beyond any criticism whatsoever.

oh come on yes he will get a big signing on fee......but how do you know exactly what has been offered, what was promised and if they were broken, the initial intentions of the player, his ambitions (which i suggest will never be realised at BCFC).....I stated on another thread that all clubs in prem and plenty in the championship will have experienced this kind of situation......it is borne of where we are and the fact that a talented player has plenty of opportunities to showcase his talent in an excellent league......if this club is to grow and aspire to be better then these are the situations you face......unfortunately a lot of the reaction shown to maynard is still Div one mentality in my opinion...

i think that is why a lot if us realise the situation more than others....its not that we are not emotionally attached to the club, rather we accept that this is a situation that arises when you have marketable players who could command a good fee....its business and its what football is unfortunately, just a big business

If this is the question you would like me to answer Nicky Maynard cost us £2,25 mil on top of a extremely good sallary and the club would like to get a bit back of the current value with a contract expiring in July. How much did Barnet lose out on transfer fees?

The question I asked was. Why isn't Albert classed as money grabbing scum by us for not signing a new contract with barnet to earn them more money than a tribunal will get you?

Maynard is for not signing a contract with us.

Albert now has form for doing what maynard is supposedly doing, but has yet to actually do.

The question I asked was. Why isn't Albert classed as money grabbing scum by us for not signing a new contract with barnet to earn them more money than a tribunal will get you?

Maynard is for not signing a contract with us.

Albert now has form for doing what maynard is supposedly doing, but has yet to actually do.

Because it was no interest in him before his contract expired as far as known.

oh come on yes he will get a big signing on fee......but how do you know exactly what has been offered, what was promised and if they were broken, the initial intentions of the player, his ambitions (which i suggest will never be realised at BCFC).....I stated on another thread that all clubs in prem and plenty in the championship will have experienced this kind of situation......it is borne of where we are and the fact that a talented player has plenty of opportunities to showcase his talent in an excellent league......if this club is to grow and aspire to be better then these are the situations you face......unfortunately a lot of the reaction shown to maynard is still Div one mentality in my opinion...

i think that is why a lot if us realise the situation more than others....its not that we are not emotionally attached to the club, rather we accept that this is a situation that arises when you have marketable players who could command a good fee....its business and its what football is unfortunately, just a big business

It is borne by one simple fact in todays game of football ...................... greed

It is borne by one simple fact in todays game of football ...................... greed

Probably. But if people don't like it, don't watch them and line their pockets.

If people are so upset by greed then the solution is easy. To complain and still go and watch, I would suggest is a pretty silly thing to do.

But each to their own I guess

Probably. But if people don't like it, don't watch them and line their pockets.

If people are so upset by greed then the solution is easy. To complain and still go and watch, I would suggest is a pretty silly thing to do.

But each to their own I guess

For that exact reason I don't go and watch as much as I would like. Also where I live and work has a small bearing on that

Okay I bow to your superior knowledge of English.

But at least I tried to answer your questions, you are just ignorant

BCS is far from ignorant but just has a different opinion which is allowed in the free world. Now just settle down the both of you and share cosmetic tips.

He's still arguably our best striker- maybe if he plays well he'll put himself in the shop window and get us a fee. If not as long as he is professional we can play him and hope he delivers until the likely parting of the ways in the summer. If we get a fee and replacement great- if not like I say as long as he's professional we will have one of the better strikers in the League on our books. Simple as that given our predicament methinks.

He's still arguably our best striker- maybe if he plays well he'll put himself in the shop window and get us a fee. If not as long as he is professional we can play him and hope he delivers until the likely parting of the ways in the summer. If we get a fee and replacement great- if not like I say as long as he's professional we will have one of the better strikers in the League on our books. Simple as that given our predicament methinks.

if he doesnt get us a fee hes as likely to play for us next season as anyone else

No, he wont sign a new deal.

Why should he ?

I don't think he will go in January either unless a stupid offer comes which is in his favour.

Why should he ?

He is contracted until June 2012 and when he has met his contractual obligations he is free to seek alternative employment as per any employee.

At that time he will get a fat signing on fee of at least a million from whoever, which will set him up for life - and the best of luck to him.

I wish I had that opportunity and, if I had, I would do exactly the same thing and so would everyone on this forum - anyone who says different is either a prat or a liar.

Spot on big signing on fee, but too be honest if he gets anywhere near twenty goals we will be mid table and the 6m we lost in the summer from the Leicester bid is not such a loss going down will cost more than 6m in the future of this club.

This forum is meant to be for Bristol City fanatics so what exactly do you expect?

As City fans we are obviously emotionally involved in the club, some on here are talking like unconcerned onlookers with no emotional attachment to the club at all.

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme, or with an obsessive enthusiasm. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim";[1] according to Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". By either description the fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions. All from Wiki...but i couldn't put it better myself.

Pretty much somes up this forum tbh. TRL talks a lot of sense. Emotion clouds reasoning and thought. Concern and thought out reasoning, is another thing. The one's calling Maynard Scum are the one's that would be used as Cannon fodder. Proper knuckle draggers.Very little going on between their ears i'm afraid. But it's ok...they'll go down fighting with their mates. :rolleyes:

So much nonesense spouted on here.

Great result today. Onwards and Upwards. Well played Nicky. Professional stint.

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal, particularly for an extreme, or with an obsessive enthusiasm. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim";[1] according to Winston Churchill, "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". By either description the fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions. All from Wiki...but i couldn't put it better myself.

Pretty much somes up this forum tbh. TRL talks a lot of sense. Emotion clouds reasoning and thought. Concern and thought out reasoning, is another thing. The one's calling Maynard Scum are the one's that would be used as Cannon fodder. Proper knuckle draggers.Very little going on between their ears i'm afraid. But it's ok...they'll go down fighting with their mates. :rolleyes:

I would image anyone with potential club scouts in the stand would put in a Professional shift.

So he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

A few clubs imo will still be undecided in buying Maynard, a players attitude when this situation is happening shows there character, players in the past who have had there heads turned do not give 100% on the training field and on the pitch nobody can say this about Maynard.

NM holds all the cards and can do what he wants both in January and if he so wishes and if he s still here, at the end of the season too. But if rumours are to believed from more than a few sources the circumstances surrounding his long injury lay off were anything but professional. Maybe thats why there is so much emotion around this?

I would prefer to reserve judgement on the professionalism of Maynard.

Exactly.

The mob mentality would have it that if he has a poor game, it's because he isn't trying. But if he has a good game, it's because he wants a move to a decent club.

It's all rather naive and childish.

The man is seeing out his contractual obligations which the club has no issue with, and he's looking after himself.

The mob on here (in the extreme minority of the City fan base - no doubt about that) have it that he is scum and that he's "turned my club over" - laughable.

What a bunch of prats.

I think it's the injury thing people think he owes us, but he doesn't football is like life we all want to do better when your is age, why should he stay for another season and miss out on a chance of bettering himself, i love to see ex City players do good, and i hope Maynard fulfils all his dreams.

Archived