IGNORED

Southampton Match Thread

Longacre_red

Would you ship to the USA ?

Absolutely, have done already, just email me rob@bsthree.co.uk or order one and I'll contact you. I split the difference on shipping with our exiles so only an extra 3 quid to the US. :)

From the Beeb

FOOTBALL LEAGUE LATEST: It was a record that lasted until the final game of 2011 but Southampton's unbeaten home run was wrecked by Stephen Pearson, who scored the only goal of the game for Bristol City 10 minutes from time. The Robins had goalkeeper David James to thank for several fine saves. The Saints are still top of the Championship, mind.

Well done Jamo !

They sound like they were just very unlucky:

thornhill_saints:

"Just back from the game, thats the worst performance all season, apart from the 2 - 0 away to bristol.

They could of had 3 goals, ricky, Gully, no at there best today!!!"

We are extremely lucky to have caught them on their two worst performances of the season, this guy has really got his head screwed on.

EDIT: Formatting

I notice a couple of things- Maynard got the assist as well as the disallowed goal so he should stay in the side I guess...Also Skuse in midfield, Kilkenny on the bench- guess it added solidity?

Rather like how we've managed to hit on the formula for shackling Lambert too- we can take great heart from this result and use it as a springboard for better times ahead- hopefully.

From the Beeb

FOOTBALL LEAGUE LATEST: It was a record that lasted until the final game of 2011 but Southampton's unbeaten home run was wrecked by Stephen Pearson, who scored the only goal of the game for Bristol City 10 minutes from time. The Robins had goalkeeper David James to thank for several fine saves. The Saints are still top of the Championship, mind.

Well done Jamo !

And Southampton had a dodgy offside decision to thank for not losing 2-0!

And here's Forest's http://www.talkforest.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33823

We've certainly used playing a day early to our advantage - it heaps extra pressure on the teams below us playing tomorrow.

Saints fans not happy on their forum, all about how badly they played and not about how we played against them. The ref gave them no protection apparently and Lambert was pushed everytime he went up for the ball. Oh well, rose tinted and all that.

I notice a couple of things- Maynard got the assist as well as the disallowed goal so he should stay in the side I guess...

Just seen the goal on SSN, hardly an assist by Maynard, he almost certainly should have scored himself when Skuse's shot was pushed out, but gave the keeper the opportunity to save his close range shot as well.

Main thing is Pearson whacked it home in the end anyway.

Cheers Dave Mc well deserved aswell, NINE more wins and Del and Rodders will be our HERO'S

Great result for you guys against killi well done :clapping:

Cheers RR, it was a great performance and result for us, as Killie played their part in a really decent game, and could've taken something from it if truth be told,hope your result kicks the Reds

What a great result !!! :winner_third_h4h:

Enjoyed myself last night, the atmosphere was great aswell...

Any idea on the total number of away fans ?? People seem to be saying 1,500. but that's what we sold in advance...

Im guessing well over 2000 city. There capacity is 32000 odd but probably 31? with segregation. Was a near sellout crowd last night. Fantastic perfomance from the boys!

:winner_third_h4h:

17 fouls Southampton to 8 by us

2 yellows to them and 5 to us

Our fouls must have been particularly bad.

I would say the ref gave them more than enough protection.

Actually thats probably the case...

Carey pulled down Lambert just inside our half to stop a 2 v 2 counter attack, had to be a yellow

Wilson booked for a tackle from behind, again, had to be a yellow but broke down an attack

James booked for time wasting, thought it was a little harsh

Maynard booked for kicking the ball away, again cant really complain it was silly

I cant remember Pearson's though i think it was again a late tackle that you couldnt really complain about.

I would have said at a guess that we commited as many if not more fouls than Southampton, but i dont remember any bad or cynical fouls from them other tahn a couple on Albert, but that was more because of his trickery than any malice or intent

Just in and checked the score,what a result for you guys,steady the ship and more confidence surely!

Cheers. Looks like 3rd place and Europe beckon for the Saints! Couple of defeats recently I know but it looks like your ship has steadied and Steve Lomas is carrying on the good work. :fingerscrossed:

Archived