IGNORED

Stephen Pearson

glastonred

So, should we keep him or not? Del hinted in his interview that he wanted to extend his time here. Personally I would love to see him stay in the team, as he works hard. What do others think?

Has had two good games imo. His first and last night. Keep him on loan until the end of the season and see where we are then.

The only midfielder we have who is capable of scoring reasonably consistently from midfield. Offers good balance, drive and energy to substandard midfield and has already shown his worth with 2 goals from midfield.

Ideally we keep him on loan and make it permanent come the new season, but Derby may not like that. Either way I would be happy to see him sign on here.

The only midfielder we have who is capable of scoring reasonably consistently from midfield. Offers good balance, drive and energy to substandard midfield and has already shown his worth with 2 goals from midfield.

Any midfielder would be happy with the 8 Marv got last season.

Ideally we keep him on loan and make it permanent come the new season, but Derby may not like that. Either way I would be happy to see him sign on here.

I'd agree has done well since arriving at AG, but his injury history is still a huge area of concern. if we give him e.g. an 18 month contract now, it could be a gamble. Without the injury concerns I wouldn't have a problem with him signing. Gives the side better balance and is a goal/assist threat. Light years better than Woolford in my opinion.

Any midfielder would be happy with the 8 Marv got last season.

Whilst I agree, how many we're from set pieces? I don't think any of our midfield offer (Albert being classes as an out and out winger here) the goal threat in normal play and as our dead ball delivery is absolute drivel it's very important to get the midfield scoring goals. Wouldn't you agree?

Whilst I agree, how many we're from set pieces? I don't think any of our midfield offer (Albert being classes as an out and out winger here) the goal threat in normal play and as our dead ball delivery is absolute drivel it's very important to get the midfield scoring goals. Wouldn't you agree?

True, but goals are goals and we've had enough fruitless set pieces this season to show how valuable that aerial presence (not sure what's changed) was.

So, should we keep him or not? Del hinted in his interview that he wanted to extend his time here. Personally I would love to see him stay in the team, as he works hard. What do others think?

I think he would be a good signing and I think Derby want to balance their books & can't wait to get rid of him which tells me he was on a good wack there. He gives us more balance than that one trick pony JCR. He's also quite an intelligent footballer who will cut in & be there as another attacker much in the same way as McIndoe used to do.He would look better if we had a more commanding left back behind him though. I can't be too critical of McGivern but he doesn't posess any real pace.

2 goals so far. Seems to be in the right area whe we go forward. We have to have mf who can score. Dont know if we should buy him but I would like him in City for the rest of the season. Once again, great result yesterday.

Should of scored 2 on his debut.

Should of scored against Millwall

Should of scored against Southampton

Should of scored twice last night.

He is getting into positions.....could easily be a 5-10 goal a season man......and what a differece that would make.

Has had two good games imo. His first and last night. Keep him on loan until the end of the season and see where we are then.

That's a little harsh Robbo, I can't claim to seeing all his games but to add to those 2 I thought he was good at Millwall and excellent at Coventry, especially 1st half. Couldn't believe how much ground he covered. He was involved in everything good and he gets a head of the ball alot for a midfielder which is important if you only have 1 up top. He is also good at driving forward with the ball which helps us get up the pitch.

He has certainly surpassed most people's expectations I would imagine and we certainly don't have anybody else like him.

A free transfer on a short(ish) contract or a loan until the end of the season would be ideal.

Gives us good balance when deployed properly. Wouldn't necassarily advocate signing him on a permanent deal, but an extension of the loan

til the end of the season seems nailed on I think.

yes, keep til end of season & see what happens, he is a luxery player tho...

He is worth keeping on loan until the end of the season as He is a lot better than Wooly and JCR! Unless Derby let us have Him for a small fee or next to nothing in jan I think we should try and extend the loan until the end of the season as He is out of contract then!!

I am a little undecided about Pearson, he has missed a lot of football, he has looked okay, nothing excellent and has got on and done his job while giving us some much needed balance.

That said he has done enough to suggest he will be a goal threat from from midfield, he's bagged 2 and haves had opportunities in most matches.

I reckon get him on loan until the end of the season and see what a good run of games will produce. On current form, I would probably say no, but he has played well in the past, he is experienced and with a good run of games may play himself back into good form.

Like most on here I'm not completely sure.

However then I look at our position when he arrived V our position now you have got to think he has played a part in getting us where we are now. My understanding is DM wants a permanent deal and if he's good enough for DM thats good enough for me.

What he provides is an engine he gets box to box and DM implied as much after the win on Friday! He got a goal on his debut, should have scored at Millwall and another last night. While its not prolific any goals from midfield are really really welcome!!!!

He's not particularly great at anything but he'll run all day and seems to be in the right place at the right time often enough. Loan for the rest of the season would be fine. Is he out of contract?

Out of contract at end of season, I agree look at keeping him till then, decent short term option

Have between now and then to prove if he's good enough for a new deal, if not find better option in summer.

Better without doubt than the likes of JCR who he's replaced

Archived