IGNORED

Ryan Mgivern

joshbristol

Bit of a narrow view imo.

McGivern brings height and pace to the back 4. He gets forward very well ( far better than McAllister ) and it was his cross that lead to Elliot's goal at Watford. All full backs get caught out of position at times( Orr was brilliant at it ) because its part of their game to get forward to support the attack. Plus no full back is unbeatable and every so often they come against a winger they find hard to handle. Ask any full back who has come up against Albert this season. All things considered McGivern is a decent player and I would like to see him on a City contract.

He only played 4 games for Palace so I doubt they saw enough of him to form a reliable opinion.

While I agree with most of the things you said here, and I too would like us to offer him a full contract, McGivern certainly does NOT bring pace to the back four, the only defenders we have slower than him are Carey and Stewart!

I kind of agree with the first poster.

He has done okay, but not particularly great to be shelling money out on. He seems to be turned easily and finds himself out of position a lot, he seems to lacking pace for a full back as well. I will say he puts a half decent ball in.

Keep him to do a job while we are short, but most definitely not a permanent signing.

What is the news on Mcallister anyway? is the injury gone now?

To single him out his more than harsh, he has suffered like most of the team from perhaps not being up for a lot of games. McInnes commented on this on sky after the game when he said that "for whatever reason" the team had not played as well as they should have recently. He was obviously delighted at Fridays result and perofrmance but I thought also angry at recent performances.

Back to the OP I like him I think he shows a lot of commitment to the cause, he was as delighted as anyone with Fridays result (see the gallery on the main site) and he has a half decent left foot and has put in some decent crosses at times, room for improvement yes, more consitency yes, but that applies to everyone. Will get better I think.

I was impressed with him at Southampton. Most importently the person who matters most the manager rates him, as he picks him every match. He also talking to Mancester city about his furture, and would expect him to be one of our first signings in the transfer window.

ryan mgivern is a poor lb i really hope we dont sign him and look for another lb in the window he was terrible in southampton and is no improvment to mccalister

I shudder to think what De Ridder would have done to McAllister with his lack of pace. McGivern is on a learning curve but it is upward and he'll do for me.

Bit of a narrow view imo.

McGivern brings height and pace to the back 4. He gets forward very well ( far better than McAllister ) and it was his cross that lead to Elliot's goal at Watford. All full backs get caught out of position at times( Orr was brilliant at it ) because its part of their game to get forward to support the attack. Plus no full back is unbeatable and every so often they come against a winger they find hard to handle. Ask any full back who has come up against Albert this season. All things considered McGivern is a decent player and I would like to see him on a City contract.

He only played 4 games for Palace so I doubt they saw enough of him to form a reliable opinion.

McGivern does not bring any pace at all!! He has height but isn't particularly good in the air either! Although there is room for improvement with Him, imo He is better than what we have. If we were to sign Him on a permanent basis then I would trust Del's opinion!

One thing that would encourage Me is the fact He is young and will hopefully get better! It could be seen as a positive signing with age on His side. At least We wouldn't be going down the road of signing poor players that are at a standard above what they are capable of playing at, and coming to the end of their days such as Stewart or JCR!

I shudder to think what De Ridder would have done to McAllister with his lack of pace. McGivern is on a learning curve but it is upward and he'll do for me.

Exactly. McGivern was up against their paciest player and probably biggest goal threat on the night. The fact that he coped says a lot for the lad.

Exactly. McGivern was up against their paciest player and probably biggest goal threat on the night. The fact that he coped says a lot for the lad.

to be honest can anyone think of a standout mistake or blunder rg's made-to me very similar to fontaine when he first came to ag-gets on with the job quietly and efficiently and is definately improving

all very well when we sign him permantley but when macca returns what happens then? We have an expensive wage sat in the stands as LB isn't a position to put on bench. No need to sign RM full time as we can get a lb in on loan should we ever need. Save our pennies for Pearson and a striker...

Pretty sure McAllister is out of contract in the summer.

Archived