IGNORED

Mcinnes Appeals For Support

The Red Planet

Exactly.

Except for the last 20 years, there is no other point in human history when someone like Maynard could have been so rich with his talents. He's a bloody lucky chap, but he still wants to milk it for everything he can.

I am being told Maynard really is a top bloke, a 100% trier, heart in the right place, so I should clap him like a seal tonight.

Has Nicky said he wants to go in Jan? I think he will go in the summer, he'll still play as we need all our best players. Yes, he is one of them. Don't really understand the abuse he will get, especially if it undermines the whole team. Anyway, he is only honouring the contract we gave him. No problems with his commitment and he is hardly a Marlon King type of bloke.

Whats made this whole situation 10 times worse, and has left me feeling a bit bitter about is, is his continued silence.

Fair enough, he wants to leave. I think he is a selfish pr*ck for dragging it out this long, but he hasnt even had the decency to come out and give an explanation as to why he hasnt signed a contract. I'm not talking about a full on speech etc, but just a simple statement saying why he wants to leave, and that he will continue to give 100% to the Bristol City cause as long as he is here. Some may see this as a pointless gesure....I do truely believe it may go a long way to smoothing over some of the ill feeling towards him.

I'm guessing the reason he hasn't done this is because his main motive for not signing a new contract is to maximise his earnings from a move. And it would be hard to put that into a statement without generating even more abuse than he's already getting.

I don't blame him for what he's doing, mostly because the vast majority of people would do the same. This is probably his one big move that should set him up financially for life. I realise he is already far richer than almost everyone reading this, but that doesn't mean he should not look to earn as much as possible for him and his family. He is not a City fan, he's an employee.

And let's not kid ourselves that this so called "greed" from footballers is a new thing. I'm sure in the past, footballers would have been just as greedy, if it had ensured they earned more. But the opportunities were (mostly) not available up until a few years back, with the Bosman ruling etc.

Really? Not many players would do the same. Very few contracts just run down when the club want to keep the player.

McAuley and Jones last season. Both ended up playing in the Premier League when one of their other options was to sign for a team that now languishes just outside the relegation zone of the division below...

I'm guessing the reason he hasn't done this is because his main motive for not signing a new contract is to maximise his earnings from a move. And it would be hard to put that into a statement without generating even more abuse than he's already getting.

I don't blame him for what he's doing, mostly because the vast majority of people would do the same. This is probably his one big move that should set him up financially for life. I realise he is already far richer than almost everyone reading this, but that doesn't mean he should not look to earn as much as possible for him and his family. He is not a City fan, he's an employee.

And let's not kid ourselves that this so called "greed" from footballers is a new thing. I'm sure in the past, footballers would have been just as greedy, if it had ensured they earned more. But the opportunities were (mostly) not available up until a few years back, with the Bosman ruling etc.

So in a nutshell you're saying it's just the way it is and we should just accept it. Also tarring everyone with the same brush is daft, some people actually still have some basic values like honesty and loyalty. He can have his move but why screw City over in the process?

I'm firmly in the Riaz camp on this one.

I hope he gets it by the bucket load tonight. :bruce_h4h:

If he is sensible he already should financially secure on his lavish earnings at BCFC. A one year extension on his contract at City would set most people up for life.

Nothing so called about his greed, millions are not like him at all.

In a few weeks time his value to BCFC will be nil.

How exactly is he "screwing us over" :handbags: ? He has decided to see out his contract and then look elsewhere, he has been a model pro for us and now seeks a move to pastures new? Whats the problem, other than he doesn't want to play for us anymore?

And dont tell me about Leicester because Colin S made it clear he would NOT be sold to another champ team and the bloke didn't want to go anyway.

Might add ive never booed one of our own players in my life, no matter how shite, totally counter-productive.

I am being told Maynard really is a top bloke, a 100% trier, heart in the right place, so I should clap him like a seal tonight.

No you're not, but in typical FV style you over react in some warped attempt to make a point.

Nobody says clap him. Hate him all you like if your pride is hurt by him not wanting to play here any more, just do it quietly and focus your energy into supporting the 10 other players on the pitch... You're always so adamant that you and the East End are such a positive influence on the team and this is the perfect opportunity for you to prove just how amazing you are...

Or you could just scream abuse at a player who is still employed by the club and still, in the eyes of the manager (Who is undoubtedly in the best position to judge seeing as he watches them train every day), putting 100% into the cause. I can't imagine hearing one of your team-mates abused is the most inspiring thing the players can hear from the inspirational fans mouthpiece that is the Eastend(So you tell us).

Practice what you lot so arrogantly preached during the GJ years. Get behind the ******* team.

How exactly is he "screwing us over" :handbags: ? He has decided to see out his contract and then look elsewhere, he has been a model pro for us and now seeks a move to pastures new? Whats the problem, other than he doesn't want to play for us anymore?

And dont tell me about Leicester because Colin S made it clear he would NOT be sold to another champ team and the bloke didn't want to go anyway.

Might add ive never booed one of our own players in my life, no matter how shite, totally counter-productive.

Why see out his contract? why do that? This club would never stand in his way of a big club comes in for him - so why should we be the losers when he get's his big move.

Why are Bristol City supporters are looking at this solely from the players point of view? instead of the club they support?

No you're not, but in typical FV style you over react in some warped attempt to make a point.

Nobody says clap him. Hate him all you like if your pride is hurt by him not wanting to play here any more, just do it quietly and focus your energy into supporting the 10 other players on the pitch... You're always so adamant that you and the East End are such a positive influence on the team and this is the perfect opportunity for you to prove just how amazing you are...

Or you could just scream abuse at a player who is still employed by the club and still, in the eyes of the manager (Who is undoubtedly in the best position to judge seeing as he watches them train every day), putting 100% into the cause. I can't imagine hearing one of your team-mates abused is the most inspiring thing the players can hear from the inspirational fans mouthpiece that is the Eastend(So you tell us).

Practice what you lot so arrogantly preached during the GJ years. Get behind the ******* team.

Should have broke into " his name is Maynard always believe".

Why see out his contract? why do that? This club would never stand in his way of a big club comes in for him - so why should we be the losers when he get's his big move.

Why are Bristol City supporters are looking at this solely from the players point of view? instead of the club they support?

Because some have an open mind...

In his position you would do the same. You are a player in his mid twenties who is playing for a club you have no real emotional ties to, you've been there 3 and a half years and the club has broken promises that it would progress, employed inexperienced managers and languished at the bottom of the table for almost the entirety of your stay.

Your career is at a crossroads and having seen 'decent' second tier pro's get a better move (Macauley, Jones, Beckford etc etc etc.) simply because they were available for nothing you realise that your best chance of playing at the highest level is to use the perfectly legal means of a Bosman transfer.

Not only will you now be playing at the highest level his ability could justify he also has a much better wage (No right minded human being would turn that down, if they say they would they are a liar).

Perhaps the fact Leicester were the only bidders in the summer made him realise he isn't as attractive to Premier League clubs as he should be. Two career threatening injuries and a high price tag because your current club need the money... For the sake of his own career its quite obvious that this is the best option to HIM.

Obviously I'm annoyed that it's my club that are losing out on the player, but that shouldn't cloud anyone's views on the subject. It's simple bloody logic.

And all this bollocks about keeping the club in the dark too, Do we really think that the club knew nothing at all? It's downright disrespectful to insinuate that Nicky was capable of duping the entire board and two managers. The club don't seem that pissed off at Nicky either do they? Perhaps they knew this would happen....

In his position you would do the same. You are a player in his mid twenties who is playing for a club you have no real emotional ties to, you've been there 3 and a half years and the club has broken promises that it would progress, employed inexperienced managers and languished at the bottom of the table for almost the entirety of your stay.

Your career is at a crossroads and having seen 'decent' second tier pro's get a better move (Macauley, Jones, Beckford etc etc etc.) simply because they were available for nothing you realise that your best chance of playing at the highest level is to use the perfectly legal means of a Bosman transfer.

Not only will you now be playing at the highest level his ability could justify he also has a much better wage (No right minded human being would turn that down, if they say they would they are a liar).

Perhaps the fact Leicester were the only bidders in the summer made him realise he isn't as attractive to Premier League clubs as he should be. Two career threatening injuries and a high price tag because your current club need the money... For the sake of his own career its quite obvious that this is the best option to HIM.

Obviously I'm annoyed that it's my club that are losing out on the player, but that shouldn't cloud anyone's views on the subject. It's simple bloody logic.

And all this bollocks about keeping the club in the dark too, Do we really think that the club knew nothing at all? It's downright disrespectful to insinuate that Nicky was capable of duping the entire board and two managers. The club don't seem that pissed off at Nicky either do they? Perhaps they knew this would happen....

Not at all. I'd sign a new contract, safe in the knowledge that the club i'm at will sell me, once a prem club comes in. Simples.

If we had said "we are not selling nicky maynard at any price" - I'd say fair play - he's looking out for his career - but we havent.

I dont care about nicky maynards legal right and nor should you.

Not at all. I'd sign a new contract, safe in the knowledge that the club i'm at will sell me, once a prem club comes in. Simples.

If we had said "we are not selling nicky maynard at any price" - I'd say fair play - he's looking out for his career - but we havent.

I dont care about nicky maynards legal right and nor should you.

Sell him for what? would a club like West Brom be more interested in Maynard on a free or having to pay £3-£5m for him? Would Billy Jones and Gareth MacAuley be playing for WBA if they had been under contract?

Open your eyes Riaz.

Sell him for what? would a club like West Brom be more interested in Maynard on a free or having to pay £3-£5m for him? Would Billy Jones and Gareth MacAuley be playing for WBA if they had been under contract?

Open your eyes Riaz.

yes if they are good enough.

If maynard is good enough, a prem club will pay big money.

Firstly you don't know what anyone else would do in his position so stop telling other you do. Second,what promises have been broken? Maybe the one where maynard **** his knee pissing about on a dry ski slope! Also have you ever thought Maynard is part of the reason weve been languishing around the bottom of the league, if he took his chances we may win a few more matches

Again telling other what they would do in his situation, arrogant tosspot. Some may actually be happy being a bigish fish in a small pond on 20k a week!!rather than in a bigger pond and not playing but swelling their bank account

Exactly! For him not Bristol City. So why are you happy to encourage and support him whilst he bends our club over a deck and bangs away :facepalm:

Correct. He's looking after number 1 and not given Bristol City a second thought, thats why so many Bristol City fans are so annoyed with him!

And all this bollocks about keeping the club in the dark too, Do we really think that the club knew nothing at all? It's downright disrespectful to insinuate that Nicky was capable of duping the entire board and two managers. The club don't seem that pissed off at Nicky either do they?

Are you seriously suggesting the club knew all along that 10 days prior to the window opening Maynard would come out and declare he was not interested in discussing a new deal-Period. :laughcont:

It's downright disrespectful to insinuate that the football club you support are the makers of this situation. Of course the club have tried everything to keep their man but if they knew last April he was not interested in signing they could of reacted accordingly.

No one cares he wants to move on. Thats football. Its all about the way he's gone about it.

yes if they are good enough.

If maynard is good enough, a prem club will pay big money.

Well the posters who agree with you most vociferously have frequently argued that Maynard is not good enough.

Which one is it?

Why shouldn't anyone maximise their opportunities to achieve what they have dreamed of? Maynard is no longer young, has had injuries and has a club wealthy enough to reject bids that don't meet their valuation.

I'd do the same to Watford if I played for them, and so would you.

I'm sorry. I can't find the dummy or the toys anywhere

Well the posters who agree with you most vociferously have frequently argued that Maynard is not good enough.

Which one is it?

I rate maynard. not that it matters.

Why shouldn't anyone maximise their opportunities to achieve what they have dreamed of? Maynard is no longer young, has had injuries and has a club wealthy enough to reject bids that don't meet their valuation.

I'd do the same to Watford if I played for them, and so would you.

Hang on a minute. When his big move happens - he'll get bloody loads.... if he goes on a free, he'll get a bit more than bloody loads.

If he's looking for that bit more - in this situation - that makes him a greedy **** in my eyes

Archived