IGNORED

Mcinnes Appeals For Support

The Red Planet

Jordan...you're fighting a losing battle here mate. Some of our 'fans' don't understand contracts.

How many times!! This isn't about him wanting to leave at the end of his contract !! That's his business-it's about his silence and failure to put his cards on the table from the off.

Any prospective new signing would think twice about coming here after reading this forum. :disapointed2se:

If you think a forum holds that sort of power maybe you're right and some our fans are morons.

Which is why I have raised the point, People are always keen to claim that in their generation everything was better... I don't really see that much is different in any era in terms of wanting to earn more money because that's the point of the capitalist world we live in...

That really is a child of Thatcher speaking. Not a dig, Jordan, before you spit the dummy.

That really is a child of Thatcher speaking. Not a dig, Jordan, before you spit the dummy.

Pretty huge dig! I hate Thatcher. I don't like capitalism either, but it is the world we live in. I don't have to agree or disagree with the ideology to understand it and accept it's role in the world.

:pacifier: Dummy retained! :D

Another point in regard to the supposed lack of loyalty from the current generation in respect to the loyalty shown by players in the past is the fact that the playing squads at several clubs have not been paid for 6months or more in recent times... Plymouth, Hearts, Pompey, and more that have slipped my mind. Are they not the epitome of loyalty as they continued to play without pay?

Possibly, yes.

If the players have no other option then loyalty may not come into it.

If they could go elsewhere but want to stay then that should be applauded.

I've never understood the contempt fans have for footballers in suggesting they're uncommitted, disloyal, greedy or treachorous simply because they see out their contract and move on.

Nicky Maynard has not asked for a move - he's simply coming to the end of a long-ish contract and decided he wants a change. I did that quite a bit in my twenties. In fact, I'm ten years older than Maynard and the longest I've ever spent anywhere is 5 years. I certainly wouldn't have anticipated staying at any of my jobs for my whole career! Does that make me an uncommitted, disloyal, greedy, treachorous money-grabber too?!

Most people on here could say they same thing about their career at that age. Changing jobs doesn't make you greedy, it just means you're trying to find a suitable role for yourself at that time.

Nicky Maynard now has a young child and is reaching his mid-20s - the peak of most footballers' careers. He has to think about his future and if he doesn't make it into the Premier League soon, it's unlikely he ever will. So why not look for that move over the next six months?

Considering how badly we've been doing, Maynard could easily have asked for a move at any point in the last 18 months if he'd wanted to - I'm not sure I'd want to stay at a business that was doing as badly as City have in the last two years. It's to his credit he nor his agent have encouraged other clubs to come looking.

Instead he's actually shown a large degree of loyalty and stayed to see out his contract. If we now cash in to sell him before his contract ends, that's our decision.

I won't be booing him - City have had far worse characters who have actively agitated for a move - and Derek McInnes is absolutely right in his assertion that we should support all our players.

I've never understood the contempt fans have for footballers in suggesting they're uncommitted, disloyal, greedy or treachorous simply because they see out their contract and move on.

Nicky Maynard has not asked for a move - he's simply coming to the end of a long-ish contract and decided he wants a change. I did that quite a bit in my twenties. In fact, I'm ten years older than Maynard and the longest I've ever spent anywhere is 5 years. I certainly wouldn't have anticipated staying at any of my jobs for my whole career! Does that make me an uncommitted, disloyal, greedy, treachorous money-grabber too?!

Most people on here could say they same thing about their career at that age. Changing jobs doesn't make you greedy, it just means you're trying to find a suitable role for yourself at that time.

Nicky Maynard now has a young child and is reaching his mid-20s - the peak of most footballers' careers. He has to think about his future and if he doesn't make it into the Premier League soon, it's unlikely he ever will. So why not look for that move over the next six months?

Considering how badly we've been doing, Maynard could easily have asked for a move at any point in the last 18 months if he'd wanted to - I'm not sure I'd want to stay at a business that was doing as badly as City have in the last two years. It's to his credit he nor his agent have encouraged other clubs to come looking.

Instead he's actually shown a large degree of loyalty and stayed to see out his contract. If we now cash in to sell him before his contract ends, that's our decision.

I won't be booing him - City have had far worse characters who have actively agitated for a move - and Derek McInnes is absolutely right in his assertion that we should support all our players.

Then he should have! He could have went to a team higher up and we could have got our bucks back and possibly more.....

Maynard Boo Boys, have you seen this on the OS ?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2563426,00.html

Mcinnes is obviously well aware of how some fans feel about this situation, but he is appealing for our united support tonight.

His message - It's the club that matters, not the individual players who are available at any one time.

Spot on Derek,

Yes, the Club is more important than one player.

How many times!! This isn't about him wanting to leave at the end of his contract !! That's his business-it's about his silence and failure to put his cards on the table from the off.

If you think a forum holds that sort of power maybe you're right and some our fans are morons.

true.

Then he should have! He could have went to a team higher up and we could have got our bucks back and possibly more.....

Riiiight...by leaving early and so proving himself more disloyal!?

What a ridiculous point.

Whether we get money or not from him is none of his business; he's just offered a contract to sign when he comes here - there's nothing in that about how much money he should earn us by leaving, or when. That is none of his business.

We pay him handsomely to play football, not make us a profit. The business side of things is for the board.

Riiiight...by leaving early and so proving himself more disloyal!?

What a ridiculous point.

Whether we get money or not from him is none of his business; he's just offered a contract to sign when he comes here - there's nothing in that about how much money he should earn us by leaving, or when. That is none of his business.

We pay him handsomely to play football, not make us a profit. The business side of things is for the board.

NM is an asset to the club til the end of June. Should the club agree a fee with another club before that date Bristol City will get something back for their £2,25m investment on top of a very good sallary - should NM agree personal terms with the club concerned that is..

If there is an interest the gentlemans agreement is that you agree personal terms as you intend to leave anyway - leaving the club with something for increasing the value in best case scenario or atleast getting something back from the asset before it's worth nothing to the club

Maybe the Club have said he cant give public statements regarding his contract situation? Not saying they have, but it is a thought.

FWIW, I think if he wants to leave at the end of his contract then that is his prerogative and I certainly wont boo him for his choice. Its simple economics, as he wants to move to a Prem team (fair enough) and his best chance of achieving that is by running his contract down as he will be cheap (or free) and more teams will be liable to take a punt on what is an unproven Prem goalscorer.

Yes, I would prefer the Club to make a chunk of cash from his transfer, but he is doing nothing legally wrong, and you are seeing quite a few players doing that these days so its not as if its entirely unexpected. After all, we have benefited from the same situation ourselves a number of times (Mickey Bell, Adomah, Kilkenny to name three off the top of my head)

Maybe the Club have said he cant give public statements regarding his contract situation? Not saying they have, but it is a thought.

FWIW, I think if he wants to leave at the end of his contract then that is his prerogative and I certainly wont boo him for his choice. Its simple economics, as he wants to move to a Prem team (fair enough) and his best chance of achieving that is by running his contract down as he will be cheap (or free) and more teams will be liable to take a punt on what is an unproven Prem goalscorer.

Yes, I would prefer the Club to make a chunk of cash from his transfer, but he is doing nothing legally wrong, and you are seeing quite a few players doing that these days so its not as if its entirely unexpected. After all, we have benefited from the same situation ourselves a number of times (Mickey Bell, Adomah, Kilkenny to name three off the top of my head)

He will not be for free (or cheap). Question is will he keep the cake for himself or spare us a part?

NM is an asset to the club til the end of June. Should the club agree a fee with another club before that date Bristol City will get something back for their £2,25m investment on top of a very good sallary - should NM agree personal terms with the club concerned that is..

If there is an interest the gentlemans agreement is that you agree personal terms as you intend to leave anyway - leaving the club with something for increasing the value in best case scenario or atleast getting something back from there asset before it's worth nothing to the club

This is business, not a gentleman's club. It may be nice if Nicky were to do that, but what happens if that club pulls out (say he fails a medical or the club concerned goes into administration or he fails to agree terms with them)? He's then signed a new contract with us and may be stuck, unwillingly, here for another year...or two years...or three. If he wants to move to a different club when his contract ends, that's entirely his decision.

Its not as simple as that. If a club has to pay a transfer fee for him then this will be taken into account when negotiating his wages. No fee means there is more wages bargaining power on the part of Maynard.

He has a vested interest in how much is paid for him (or not), so by that measure it is his business, albeit not contractually.

This is business, not a gentleman's club. It may be nice if Nicky were to do that, but what happens if that club pulls out (say he fails a medical or the club concerned goes into administration or he fails to agree terms with them)? He's then signed a new contract with us and may be stuck, unwillingly, here for another year...or two years...or three. If he wants to move to a different club when his contract ends, that's entirely his decision.

If he fails a medical, the club conserned pulls out or goes into administration there is no offer. He will not sign a contract with Bristol City and I'm very happy he atlast let us, the club, to know.

Its not as simple as that. If a club has to pay a transfer fee for him then this will be taken into account when negotiating his wages. No fee means there is more wages bargaining power on the part of Maynard.

He has a vested interest in how much is paid for him (or not), so by that measure it is his business, albeit not contractually.

Even if you believe that, you can't seriously believe that it plays a bigger part in how much he gets paid than a) how much the buying club values him; b) what division he ends up in; c) the length of the contract he signs; d) how good his agent is.

Also you have to remember that very often players get higher wages and larger signing-on fees when signing for free as clubs have no transfer to pay...

Also you have to remember that very often players get higher wages and larger signing-on fees when signing for free as clubs have no transfer to pay...

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying, so its in NM's interest to go on a free. So, the size of a fee (or indeed no fee) is his business - its completely relevant.

Loyalty and footballers don't make me laugh, it's not in modern players vocabulary, they couldn't give a **** about you me or anybody but themselves, ask the Portsmouth fans if their club went out of business tomorrow would Kitson and Lawrence currently taking 100k per month out of the club shed a tear, yeah for about as long as it took them both to find a new club, which sadly they would because their is always a club willing to pay ridiculous money for players who may or may play the odd good game and at the moment apart from Portsmouth that club is Doncaster yet another club close to going out of existence in the past.

Loyalty and footballers don't make me laugh, it's not in modern players vocabulary, they couldn't give a **** about you me or anybody but themselves, ask the Portsmouth fans if their club went out of business tomorrow would Kitson and Lawrence currently taking 100k per month out of the club shed a tear, yeah for about as long as it took them both to find a new club, which sadly they would because their is always a club willing to pay ridiculous money for players who may or may play the odd good game and at the moment apart from Portsmouth that club is Doncaster yet another club close to going out of existence in the past.

Football league club owners as a collective are to weak....................

Oh and he scored the winner tonight...

Shortly before pissing off to another club after not signing a new contract for his own financial gain.

Maynard's ten month lay off when he injured himself doing something he, arguably, shouldn't have doing clearly taught him nothing about loyalty whilst he picked up roughly £650k in wages in that time. W4nker.

Shortly before pissing off to another club after not signing a new contract for his own financial gain.

Maynard's ten month lay off when he injured himself doing something he, arguably, shouldn't have doing clearly taught him nothing about loyalty whilst he picked up roughly £650k in wages in that time. W4nker.

Has it been confirmed he was doing something he shouldn't have?

He dreams of playing in the prem and i reckon he would have stayed if we were anywhere near the play offs, but we're not so he probably thinks if he doesn't take his chance now it might never come.

Has it been confirmed he was doing something he shouldn't have?

He dreams of playing in the prem and i reckon he would have stayed if we were anywhere near the play offs, but we're not so he probably thinks if he doesn't take his chance now it might never come.

On a dry ski slope when he injured himself.

Let me be clear that I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to play at a higher level or to earn more money, but when they don't sign a contract so that they can earn stratospheric money and as a result BCFC earns nothing then that pisses me off. Selfish, greedy and disrespectful, especially considering the injury scenario. The act of a mercenary.

And this bollocks about doing the right thing for his family pisses me off even more (not from you, Dave). He ain't doing a £25k 9-5; he's earning ridiculous money already and quite how his family can benefit from him earning another £500k on top of the £1m a year he already earns is beyond me? W4nker

Archived