IGNORED

A Win Is A Win

Jordan Tansley

An important win I'm sure all will agree, but performance wise it was lacklustre at best. I'm never usually one for a moan on here, always looking for the positives and of course the most important thing was getting those three points... However I hope McInnes noticed how bad we really were.

Now here's the moment for David James to stand up and take a long round of applause. Another fantastic performance belying his age and putting to bed the ridiculous attacks he has faced in his time here. Time and gain he has pulled off world class saves and today was no exception. We owe all three points to him. Nicky and Pearson were about the only other players who came out of the game with an ounce of credit with their tireless running and good movement, but even they died off for long periods in a dour second half..

On to the negatives... First things first. 4-4-*******-2. Not with our squad. Never ever with Kilkenny in the middle (He's got his own paragraph later)

Then we'll have a wee go at Brett. Now, he showed some nice little touches and to give the lad some credit he's not had much game time so it's difficult to come in and be the messiah straight away but christ? No pace, no guile and at times the first touch of a rapist. Don't even mention his 'corners'. Cisse did his best after we lost Marvin, who again showed all and sundry how to miss a fairly simple chance... Diving header everytime there son...

Albert... Looked lazy for large periods, little to no end product but he just wasn't supported enough by Kilkenny... Ah yes, Kilkenny. Without doubt his worst performance for us and it was truly woeful. He might well be a better player than LJ in terms of ability but he ain't fit to lace his boots in terms of application and effort. I don't think he broke into a sprint once today and he is one of the least intelligent players when we're not in possession I've ever seen... Couldn't track a man if the guy was ten foot tall and painted luminous yellow... His passing was shite and all.

Defence looked a bit shakey, Tangs was pretty bad first half and McGivern was left very isolated by Pearsons wandering (Which I advocate as he gets into some lovely positions.)

I really hope Del realises that this midfield is not good enough to control a game as a unit of 4 and that he must sign a proper central midfielder if he wishes to persist with it. If not we have to revert to 451 or teams better than Millwall would have been 4 to the good by half time.

Delighted with the late winner though.... SUPER NICKY!

An important win I'm sure all will agree, but performance wise it was lacklustre at best. I'm never usually one for a moan on here, always looking for the positives and of course the most important thing was getting those three points... However I hope McInnes noticed how bad we really were.

Now here's the moment for David James to stand up and take a long round of applause. Another fantastic performance belying his age and putting to bed the ridiculous attacks he has faced in his time here. Time and gain he has pulled off world class saves and today was no exception. We owe all three points to him. Nicky and Pearson were about the only other players who came out of the game with an ounce of credit with their tireless running and good movement, but even they died off for long periods in a dour second half..

On to the negatives... First things first. 4-4-*******-2. Not with our squad. Never ever with Kilkenny in the middle (He's got his own paragraph later)

Then we'll have a wee go at Brett. Now, he showed some nice little touches and to give the lad some credit he's not had much game time so it's difficult to come in and be the messiah straight away but christ? No pace, no guile and at times the first touch of a rapist. Don't even mention his 'corners'. Cisse did his best after we lost Marvin, who again showed all and sundry how to miss a fairly simple chance... Diving header everytime there son...

Albert... Looked lazy for large periods, little to no end product but he just wasn't supported enough by Kilkenny... Ah yes, Kilkenny. Without doubt his worst performance for us and it was truly woeful. He might well be a better player than LJ in terms of ability but he ain't fit to lace his boots in terms of application and effort. I don't think he broke into a sprint once today and he is one of the least intelligent players when we're not in possession I've ever seen... Couldn't track a man if the guy was ten foot tall and painted luminous yellow... His passing was shite and all.

Defence looked a bit shakey, Tangs was pretty bad first half and McGivern was left very isolated by Pearsons wandering (Which I advocate as he gets into some lovely positions.)

I really hope Del realises that this midfield is not good enough to control a game as a unit of 4 and that he must sign a proper central midfielder if he wishes to persist with it. If not we have to revert to 451 or teams better than Millwall would have been 4 to the good by half time.

Good post pal, I agree that Del should play 4-5-1 with Cisse protecting the back four. Only problem we have then is all the people moaning about Pitman not playing. Hopefully Del brings in one or two to make the 4-5-1 more effective at home as it's fine away from home but at home it's not got enough penetration at the minute.

in total agreement, that was truly shocking, massive three points but performance was bad, bear in mind millwall should have at least scored two, all beit for Jamo and a crazy miss. player ratings for each indiviudal is a tad boring but i would only rate three of them more than 6, god they were bad. not sure if it was the system played or so many players having a bad day. Albert was either very weary or wasnt interested, his head was down, he wasnt involved to his usual standards.

when Marv went off it was though a signal went through the team, now lets play badly, the first 3 to 4 minutes was great but after the injury OMG.

Tangs had the worst half of his career, everything he did was wrong positioning and clearing directly to the opposition each time he touched the ball, Pearson was immnese and warranted MOM, Killa didnt have his forward passing boots on and played too deep (again), mcgivern was given a torrid time in the first half, James kept us in it and everyone tried but had little impact. At one point in the first half i thought we were gonna get slaughtered.

Massive, massive three points but we just played a big get out of jail card and we need to improve or its going to be a long second half of the season.

Del needs to conduct some shrewd business because on the strength of tonight its going to be a painfull ride.

CTID

Up until he toe poked it out (anyone ever seen a keeper do that before?!) and generally did poorly thereafter, I would have agreed.

two saves at the death, comanded the area well and a world class stop from the deflected shot in the bottom corner in the first half. James was outstanding as he has been for some time now.

How about the sub cisse being subbed off again. Not sure treating cisse this way is likely to lead to him wanting to stay. Considering he protects the defence so well its strange he seems to b first to be subbed all the time. We can be attacking with him IN the team!!

I worry about City in a 4-4-2. If we are to play 4-4-2 then we need a new central midfielder to play alongside Cisse or Elliot. An all-rounder with both guile and steel. A Richie Wellens-type player. Is Wellens playing regularly at Leicester?

Kilkenny cannot play in a 4-4-2, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Del look to replace him either in Jan or, more likely, in the summer. I think he's a bit of a luxury player and nowadays you need players who are flexible who can adapt to different systems - I don't think he's the man for this long term.

How about the sub cisse being subbed off again. Not sure treating cisse this way is likely to lead to him wanting to stay. Considering he protects the defence so well its strange he seems to b first to be subbed all the time. We can be attacking with him IN the team!!

I'm sure Cisse will understand - I really rate him but surely he'd be the first to admit he's not the player you'd turn to when chasing a winner. McInnes is the manager and he can do what he wants to be frank.

1325631976' post=1486743']

in total agreement, that was truly shocking, massive three points but performance was bad, bear in mind millwall should have at least scored two, all beit for Jamo and a crazy miss. player ratings for each indiviudal is a tad boring but i would only rate three of them more than 6, god they were bad. not sure if it was the system played or so many players having a bad day. Albert was either very weary or wasnt interested, his head was down, he wasnt involved to his usual standards.

when Marv went off it was though a signal went through the team, now lets play badly, the first 3 to 4 minutes was great but after the injury OMG.

Tangs had the worst half of his career, everything he did was wrong positioning and clearing directly to the opposition each time he touched the ball, Pearson was immnese and warranted MOM, Killa didnt have his forward passing boots on and played too deep (again), mcgivern was given a torrid time in the first half, James kept us in it and everyone tried but had little impact. At one point in the first half i thought we were gonna get slaughtered.

Massive, massive three points but we just played a big get out of jail card and we need to improve or its going to be a long second half of the season.

Del needs to conduct some shrewd business because on the strength of tonight its going to be a painfull ride.

CTID

To be honest I think Albert has been like that since Watford away... Hence our goals have dried up significantly.... He hasn't been offering as an outlet as he's been coming back on the shoulder of Skuse rather than their last man, just like sproule used to ?

two saves at the death, comanded the area well and a world class stop from the deflected shot in the bottom corner in the first half. James was outstanding as he has been for some time now.

Along with Pearson and Carey, James had a very good game.

I just think that after all these years he should realise that he needs to be a bit sharper in clearing the ball when under pressure, and to put his boot through it when doing so!

I worry about City in a 4-4-2. If we are to play 4-4-2 then we need a new central midfielder to play alongside Cisse or Elliot. An all-rounder with both guile and steel. A Richie Wellens-type player. Is Wellens playing regularly at Leicester?

Kilkenny cannot play in a 4-4-2, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Del look to replace him either in Jan or, more likely, in the summer. I think he's a bit of a luxury player and nowadays you need players who are flexible who can adapt to different systems - I don't think he's the man for this long term.

I agree with every word of that, though I'm not sure about Wellens either...

That lad up in Scotland with the tatoos, Stevenson? I liked the look of him, a steely bastard with a bit of flair on the ball too.

To be honest this is all old news. We were just as bad at Coventry.

Time for some people to wake up, we are one of the 5 or 6 shittest teams in this league.

There ain't gonna be no resurgence up the league to mid table.

We are in a right scrap, but best thing about tonight was the players attitude and effort was spot on and ultimately that got us the points.

Huge win, let's move on. We can get a point at Brighton at least - back to 4-5-1 though for sure.

To be honest I think Albert has been like that since Watford away... Hence our goals have dried up significantly.... He hasn't been offering as an outlet as he's been coming back on the shoulder of Skuse rather than their last man, just like sproule used to ?

Well put, i have seen games were Albert was our only predictable outlet, and in the main still is but tonight skuse at times didnt know what to do with the ball because of alberts lack of movement and his unwillingness to accept and get into a better position.

Nicky Maynard was shocking tonight didn't try at all and it was never his goal deffo pearsons no one else touched.

Now I think about it Maynard doesnt want to sign fir milwall hence his performance. Sooner Maynard goes the better so pitman gets a proper run in the team.

I'm baffled? Is this a (failed) attempt at some humour or a genuinely misguided post?

I'm baffled? Is this a (failed) attempt at some humour or a genuinely misguided post?

You tell me what he did bar one tackle. Tell me how much movement he made as a striker to allow the midfielders to find him? Tell me how many headers He won tonight? Then end it by telling me how many times he closed the keeper down when he was near him?

Now you tell me he had a good game no way!!!!

1325633672' post=1486797']

You tell me what he did bar one tackle. Tell me how much movement he made as a striker to allow the midfielders to find him? Tell me how many headers He won tonight? Then end it by telling me how many times he closed the keeper down when he was near him?

Now you tell me he had a good game no way!!!!

I thought Maynard was again pretty poor tonight to be fair.... His movement is poor.... He sits too deep .... And doesn't bust a gut to get into the box when our wingers had the ball... Several times defenders were walking past him with the ball and he made no effort to track and tackle.... Not been impressed by him for weeks....

A lot on here blame lack of creativity from the midfield on maynards lack of goals.... However for weeks now I've thought a lot of the blame lies at his door through being very lazy and not running into space and running off the last man... He's been very static of late....

Nicky Maynard was shocking tonight didn't try at all and it was never his goal deffo pearsons no one else touched.

Now I think about it Maynard doesnt want to sign fir milwall hence his performance. Sooner Maynard goes the better so pitman gets a proper run in the team.

What drivel. Maynard played extremely well today and scoring the winning goal. He made himself available when ever he could. The only one thing I could say about him is that he is awful in the air, he can never get to the ball with any kind of timing or control. Pitman on the hand was poor and hence why he was subbed, I don't blame him though as he hasn't had much game time - I'm sure he will improve although never to Maynards ability.

Archived