IGNORED

A Win Is A Win

Jordan Tansley

First of all, Happy New Year to all Bristol City fans - hope it's good to you all and City continue their recent good run to finish well clear of relegation.

Now on to the second bit.........

I'm surprised to see some negativity being directed towards the team and Del. When Del came to you, you were in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Now you sit 19th, 3 points above safety. You've had some very good results recently, including a fantastic win at Southampton. Think some of you guys need to cheer up.

So far, Del is still working with the squad he inherited (apart from Pearson) and has clearly improved your results in his time there. I'm confident that he will make signings to improve your squad further.

He has already proved in Pearson that he will bring good players to your club. I always thought Pearson was a terrific player, although injuries rather stalled his career.

Obviously, I didn't see the game last night. However, if you played as badly as has been said on here and still won, surely that is a positive? These are the kind of results that will keep you up - winning ugly against relegation rivals.

So cheer up guys - I'm sure Del will lead you on to better things.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you in July for a pre-season piss-up :laugh:

Happy new year to you too mate, just want to say that despite this post focusing on the negatives from the match that we all trust Derek and are delighted with what has happened since he came here.

However, the performance last night can't be ignored, perhaps being just a fan it's not my job to comment on the flaws in the performance as Derek has already acknowledged them in his post match interview...

It's important for us to note now that 442 probably won't work until Del brings in one or two new faces and we need to revert to being a strong defensive unit until such signings are made.

Looking forward to what the transfer window brings.

I've had my doubts about David James but his brave save in the last seconds has made him a hero in my mind. When all our other players lost concentration in messing around with the goal celebration and not getting back in position quick enough, David James was man of the match for that save as far as I'm concerned. :clapping:

Agree he deserves huge plaudits for that brave block (although how was Henderson not offside? He seemed to start his run a minute before they kicked off) however it was only due to 'Wall's incompetence that they didn't equalise when he did that 15 yard kick straight to their striker.

Agree he deserves huge plaudits for that brave block (although how was Henderson not offside? He seemed to start his run a minute before they kicked off) however it was only due to 'Wall's incompetence that they didn't equalise when he did that 15 yard kick straight to their striker.

That was David James trying to be clever against the Millwall striker instead of just blasting the ball up field. David James is no outfield player that's for sure.

Happy new year to you too mate, just want to say that despite this post focusing on the negatives from the match that we all trust Derek and are delighted with what has happened since he came here.

However, the performance last night can't be ignored, perhaps being just a fan it's not my job to comment on the flaws in the performance as Derek has already acknowledged them in his post match interview...

It's important for us to note now that 442 probably won't work until Del brings in one or two new faces and we need to revert to being a strong defensive unit until such signings are made.

Looking forward to what the transfer window brings.

As I say, not seeing enough of your games, I'm not best placed to judge. Del is nothing if not honest when appraising his teams' performances though. I'm sure he will know what needs to be done.

Archived