IGNORED

A Win Is A Win

Jordan Tansley

So when did he make himself available then cause the only person I saw working hard up front was pitman and TBH I was surprised maynard wasn't subbed. But I forgot he's the messiah!

Maynard didn't score I sit behind the goal no one touched it so I dont know y Maynard is being credited with the goal.

Probably our announcer wanting to give him a goodbye gift

the only person I saw working hard up front was pitman and TBH I was surprised maynard wasn't subbed. But I forgot he's the messiah!

Pitman was an absalute donkey upfront tonight, he and Maynard were as bad as each other, with McInnes switching to 451 if we took Maynard off Pitman would have been truely exposed and unable to cope then we chucked Clarkson on for an extra striker to grab a goal instead of a defensive midfielder so yeah you're really going to take off a striker in that situation. So really it was simple why Pitman came off.

To be honest I think Albert has been like that since Watford away... Hence our goals have dried up significantly.... He hasn't been offering as an outlet as he's been coming back on the shoulder of Skuse rather than their last man, just like sproule used to ?

I noticed this too. Do you think we have tried to re-train him in the same way we did Ivan?

Nicky Maynard was shocking tonight didn't try at all and it was never his goal deffo pearsons no one else touched.

Now I think about it Maynard doesnt want to sign fir milwall hence his performance. Sooner Maynard goes the better so pitman gets a proper run in the team.

Everyone around me thought it was Pearson's goal and were incredulous when Maynard was credited with it.

We don't have the players for 442. Yesterday proved this.

I'm not convinced Cisse has a long term future at the club, and wouldn't be suprised to see Kilkenny shafted at the end of the season..

DM is going to want to bring his own players in, and within our midfield I think only Elliott and Skuse are assured a long term future at the club.....

What drivel. Maynard played extremely well today and scoring the winning goal. He made himself available when ever he could. The only one thing I could say about him is that he is awful in the air, he can never get to the ball with any kind of timing or control. Pitman on the hand was poor and hence why he was subbed, I don't blame him though as he hasn't had much game time - I'm sure he will improve although never to Maynards ability.

You'd have been in the minority where I was sitting. Everyone who voiced an opinion thought he had a pretty dreadful game. Second to virtually every ball, and didn't win a thing in the air all night. Rarely puts himself in where it hurts, which is why he never gets any tap-ins.

If we're going to play a 4-4-2 we absolutely need Elliott in there. He brings energy thaat nobody else does in that position. The only other player we have who could come close is Skuse and it might have been a better option to bring Wilson on at right back and move Skuse into the centre. With Cisse and Kilkenny in the middle of a 4-4-2 you've got no real mobility and Millwall were running through our midfield all to easily and that is not just because it was 4-4-2 but the players we haad in there.

I used to really rate Cisse but I think he's been poor recently. His passing has been awful and I think he's only playable as a sitting midfielder in a 4-5-1. It would be back to 4-5-1 at the weekend for me with either Pearson or, dare I say it Clarkson, in the midddle if Elliott isn't fit. I don't rate clarkson but he could potentially add more creativity into our midfield. I'd probably perfere to move Pearson inside and give Bolasie a chance out wide a gainst a league 2 team and see how he does. Although Pearson may well not be here to play which would be a shame!

Well, it was always going to get hijacked some way into the thread - all threads are.

They're obsessed, the poor sods.

Obsessed or blinded by hatred. He ran his arse off again, more than can be said for the two players who can do no wrong (Albert and Pitman) who both looked lazy. Just look at the picture of him celebrating and tell me he doesn't care... Or maybe he's sooo greedy that he's celebrating getting his goal bonus.

Obsessed or blinded by hatred. He ran his arse off again, more than can be said for the two players who can do no wrong (Albert and Pitman) who both looked lazy. Just look at the picture of him celebrating and tell me he doesn't care... Or maybe he's sooo greedy that he's celebrating getting his goal bonus.

Albert lazy??!

We keep giving him the ball and expect miracles from him..... he's expected to beat several players every time he gets the ball....

he works his socks off.....

He is not lazy - he has become predictable.

Albert lazy??!

We keep giving him the ball and expect miracles from him..... he's expected to beat several players every time he gets the ball....

he works his socks off.....

He is not lazy - he has become predictable.

Last night he was. No excuses for blowing out of your arse after 70 mins, he's a professional footballer.

The bloke on the opposite wing got man of the match so clearly we weren't just going down the right last night either.

One of Alberts worst games for us, thankfully they've been so rare that I'm not really fussed by it. Just think he looked lazy and had a couple of strops towards the end when he should have been trying to get us a winner...

Last night he was. No excuses for blowing out of your arse after 70 mins, he's a professional footballer.

The bloke on the opposite wing got man of the match so clearly we weren't just going down the right last night either.

One of Alberts worst games for us, thankfully they've been so rare that I'm not really fussed by it. Just think he looked lazy and had a couple of strops towards the end when he should have been trying to get us a winner...

It was his worse game. But he is clearly playing with pressure - we expect him to beat several players and then produce something...... We give him the ball and most of our players stand still and expect albert to take on the opposition single handedly....

Albert does more work than anybody - even if his performace was poor.

It was his worse game. But he is clearly playing with pressure - we expect him to beat several players and then produce something...... We give him the ball and most of our players stand still and expect albert to take on the opposition single handedly....

Albert does more work than anybody - even if his performace was poor.

It's not really the point though, by your own admission our two 'untouchables' have had nightmares but some feel the need to manufacture and falsify the idea that Maynard was worse simply to soften the blow to their egos. How dare he score? How dare he out perform Pitman when he gets his chance?

As I said, look at the gallery. Tell me Nicky doesn't care.

Too many people waiting to say 'I told you so', it seems to me.

Perhaps, but then when a group of posters force feed you vitriol and bile its quite nice to revel in the success of the player they hate, especially when it directly leads to arguably the most important win of the season.

It might well be immature, but... NA NA NA NA NA NAHHHH!:banana:

It's not really the point though, by your own admission our two 'untouchables' have had nightmares but some feel the need to manufacture and falsify the idea that Maynard was worse simply to soften the blow to their egos. How dare he score? How dare he out perform Pitman when he gets his chance?

As I said, look at the gallery. Tell me Nicky doesn't care.

I dont think any of our forward players played well - including maynard.

But you cant judge pitman for not scoring in his first start in ages.... maynard gets prolonged runs in the team... I'm sure maynard would struggle if he had mainly sub appearances and the odd start.

I dont think any of our forward players played well - including maynard.

But you cant judge pitman for not scoring in his first start in ages.... maynard gets prolonged runs in the team... I'm sure maynard would struggle if he had mainly sub appearances and the odd start.

When did I judge Pitman for not scoring? Pitmans performance generally was well below par, a couple of nice touches mixed in with some very very bad ones. I also acknowledged the point regarding playing time in my original post...

It had nothing to do with the goal, Maynard outshone Pitman and those posters who are trying to manufacture a poor performance from Maynard do so because they can't accept it for whatever reason.

When did I judge Pitman for not scoring? Pitmans performance generally was well below par, a couple of nice touches mixed in with some very very bad ones. I also acknowledged the point regarding playing time in my original post...

It had nothing to do with the goal, Maynard outshone Pitman and those posters who are trying to manufacture a poor performance from Maynard do so because they can't accept it for whatever reason.

maynard did not outshine pitman. they were both equally poor. But I would argue, You will not see the best from either player unless they play next to a big man.

You can judge pitman now. He scored 13 goals in his first season - comparitively maynard only got 10, and played loads more that season. But Pitman needs to play, to be able develop and also prove himself to the likes of you.

I really hope that playing a wantaway striker, will not result in us losing 2 goalscorers.

I agree with Riaz. Both Maynard and Pitman, apart from one move in the first half, were both equally poor.

I was very disapointed with Pitman considering he has apparently been waiting so long for his chance. Thought he would look a lot more dangerous. Del is definately right to get in another striker with Maynard off.

I thought Maynard was again pretty poor tonight to be fair.... His movement is poor.... He sits too deep .... And doesn't bust a gut to get into the box when our wingers had the ball... Several times defenders were walking past him with the ball and he made no effort to track and tackle.... Not been impressed by him for weeks....

A lot on here blame lack of creativity from the midfield on maynards lack of goals.... However for weeks now I've thought a lot of the blame lies at his door through being very lazy and not running into space and running off the last man... He's been very static of late....

I did not se the game. NM had a bad game most say. Barnsley away he scored last minute of the game, same yesterday. His job is to score and in the seasons his been in City ha have made agood job. Think he will hard to replace. No one is bigger than the Club but I will mss him when his gone.

I was just so relieved to have got the three points. Huge win for us! However the performance was worrying. Whilst I am fully aware we will not be able to play at our best at all times, we really did run out of ideas! We looked very sloppy at the back and a better side would have punished us! Jamo was simply outstanding last night, made some great saves! If it wasn't for Pearson playing so well, Jamo would have been my MOM.

Since His arrival I have been unsure on Pearson, but tonight I was very impressed with Him. His work rate, enthusiasm and willingness to get at the Millwall back four was top notch. I think last night should be a big wake up call to all, if anyone didn't realize it we are still in for a big struggle, no matter how much Del has improved us.

Last night showed why Del has been so reluctant to play 4-4-2. It didn't work. Maynard and Pitman can 't play together in my opinion, and as much as I rate Brett I fully understand why Del hasn't been playing Him. People can say what they like about Maynard. I have seen Him have better games but thought He applied Himself well last night and put in a shift, if Maynard goes this window then I think we will be a lot worse off!

We desperately need some fresh faces. Del has worked absolute wonders with this group of players at His disposal but there is only so much a manager can get out of players not good enough! We are worryingly short on quality and if Albert/Maynard are not firing, we don't really have any players to change a game with the exception of Bolasie maybe. I am certain Del will recognize all our strengths and weaknesses and try to address this in the coming weeks

First of all, Happy New Year to all Bristol City fans - hope it's good to you all and City continue their recent good run to finish well clear of relegation.

Now on to the second bit.........

I'm surprised to see some negativity being directed towards the team and Del. When Del came to you, you were in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Now you sit 19th, 3 points above safety. You've had some very good results recently, including a fantastic win at Southampton. Think some of you guys need to cheer up.

So far, Del is still working with the squad he inherited (apart from Pearson) and has clearly improved your results in his time there. I'm confident that he will make signings to improve your squad further.

He has already proved in Pearson that he will bring good players to your club. I always thought Pearson was a terrific player, although injuries rather stalled his career.

Obviously, I didn't see the game last night. However, if you played as badly as has been said on here and still won, surely that is a positive? These are the kind of results that will keep you up - winning ugly against relegation rivals.

So cheer up guys - I'm sure Del will lead you on to better things.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully see you in July for a pre-season piss-up :laugh:

Now here's the moment for David James to stand up and take a long round of applause. Another fantastic performance belying his age and putting to bed the ridiculous attacks he has faced in his time here. Time and gain he has pulled off world class saves and today was no exception. We owe all three points to him. Nicky and Pearson were about the only other players who came out of the game with an ounce of credit with their tireless running and good movement, but even they died off for long periods in a dour second half..

I've had my doubts about David James but his brave save in the last seconds has made him a hero in my mind. When all our other players lost concentration in messing around with the goal celebration and not getting back in position quick enough, David James was man of the match for that save as far as I'm concerned. :clapping:

Archived