IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

Crimson Crayola

Excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but I was really impressed with Bolasie when he came on for Pittman. I know he only had 15 minutes or so, but he showed real pace and an ability to take the ball past the defenders, he even managed a few half decent crosses and link ups with the blonde one!

I know anything would have been an improvement on the 4,4,2 that we were shown before. But when Pittman (normally a player i have a lot of time for) was taken off things seemed to improve dramatically.

I hope to seem him utilised a lot more in the future as he could be just as good as Adomah (not that he was having his best game last night).

He does look raw but at 22 is a good impact sub at present. Looked positive when he came on even if he does lose the ball abit too much. Would like to keep him and see how he develops over the next few seasons. Albert can maintain that performance for 90 mins game in game out so good to have someone fresh to bring on if needed.

reminds me of a fast bas savage. 1st time ive seen him this season and a lot of the fans were not happy with him coming on as he jus hasnt a clue what to do when in good situation. :disapointed2se: maybe he just needs some more games and is bit rusty but judging on 15 mins last night i'd sooner have Woolford or Pearson or Cambell-Ryce anyday :worship2:

reminds me of a fast bas savage. 1st time ive seen him this season and a lot of the fans were not happy with him coming on as he jus hasnt a clue what to do when in good situation. :disapointed2se: maybe he just needs some more games and is bit rusty but judging on 15 mins last night i'd sooner have Woolford or Pearson or Cambell-Ryce anyday :worship2:

He needs to be coached. He quite clearly has all the talent required: Pace, trickery and the ability to put the ball in the box with both feet. He's very hit and miss, He was very good in his first game against Burnley but has struggled when coming off the bench recently.

I'd play him in a front three, but never in a 4-4-2. Pace scares the shit out of defenders at this level... Him and Albert need to be shown how to utilise their pace without having to beat 4 men... The timing of a run off the shoulder is a skill that seems to have been forgotten by BCFC in recent years. Get Scotty down the training pitch teaching those two how to time a run and Tinman in to show Kilkenny how to hit an early pass into the channel.

Not in the same class as Adomah and will most likely be shipped off sooner rather than later.....has done nothing when he has had the chAnce, and looks well out of depth at this level.

what chance would that be? he's never had a run in the team,

Raw unproven and was brought for peanuts good impact player for next to nothing

Will most likely be shipped off sooner rather than later.....has done nothing when he has had the chAnce, and looks well out of depth at this level.

I often read rubbish on here but that comment is right up there with the best of it. Congratulations.

The fact that he is even in the squad suggests that McInnes thinks otherwise.

I often read rubbish on here but that comment is right up there with the best of it. Congratulations.

The fact that he is even in the squad suggests that McInnes thinks otherwise.

Or the fact our squad is generally full of rubbish.......both JCR and Woolford have so far shown **** all in their BCFC careers no wonder Bolasie is on the bench.

Comes on and looks a headless chicken who constantly makes the wrong decisions.......

Maybe that's why no bigger clubs were in for him when he left Plymouth.....

Or the fact our squad is generally full of rubbish.......both JCR and Woolford have so far shown **** all in their BCFC careers no wonder Bolasie is on the bench.

Comes on and looks a headless chicken who constantly makes the wrong decisions.......

Maybe that's why no bigger clubs were in for him when he left Plymouth.....

like albert no bigger clubs were in for him,

Just like our fans to write players off before they've even had a run in the team, if we sign a person no one has heard off from scotland then the outcry on here will be deafining,

ffs get behind the team no wonder our "Support" is laughed at

Just like our fans to write players off before they've even had a run in the team, if we sign a person no one has heard off from scotland then the outcry on here will be deafining,

I think bangers is right. On the face of it bolasie looks exciting, but scratch the surface, I don't think there is much there. Granted he is quick and a bit tricky, but there are glaring issues with his game.

He does not look up

His first touch is ropey, when he gets it right he looks great, but so often he doesn't, and that is the basics of football.

He runs into blind alleys and does not have a clue where his team mates are. Often because as said before he doesn't look up.

His final ball is poor.

In truth he is very much a headless chicken. There is a chance he could end up being good, but their are so many parts to his game which are wrong which shouldn't be at his age.

I'll give him credit, he is willing to give it a go, but from what I have, and to be fair it is fleeting, he is at a team way above his current ability.

Time will tell, but I think he will sink without a trace. Hope I'm proved wrong.

I stand by my initial comment, city looked better with him on the pitch. I appreciate he is far from the finished article, but he will improve with game time. We have such a static midfield that we need the odd player that puts the sh*ts up opposition defence. There are many players in the team that look a hell of a lot worse than him and he brings of excitement to our game.

I stand by my initial comment, city looked better with him on the pitch. I appreciate he is far from the finished article, but he will improve with game time. We have such a static midfield that we need the odd player that puts the sh*ts up opposition defence. There are many players in the team that look a hell of a lot worse than him and he brings of excitement to our game.

We need someone with a end product from out on the left. All very well looking exciting but not creating. Mcinnes needs to buy this player as I do not believe we have them in the squad. Pearson I reserve judgment on, he is regaining fitness. He hasn't done much wrong but needs improvement. Woolford well he created at scunny, just seems to me that maybe that was his club and he is just not suited here. Bolasie, headless chicken, not what we need in our current predicament, maybe if we pull well clear of relegation, but with his running up blind alleys and leaving Mcgivern completely exposed I would not have starting, and I am 50/50 if he should even be on the bench.

Not in the same class as Adomah and will most likely be shipped off sooner rather than later.....has done nothing when he has had the chAnce, and looks well out of depth at this level.

i think thats a litle harsh aint it!! he hasnt had any real go in the team of any note and alltho i agree hes a long way of adomah fpr a 22 year old he cud get better and shudnt be written off as much as this!!

good points: pace/ able to cross/ can go round a man/ young, so room to improve

bad points: dose too much sum times and looses it

CTID!!

Don't waste your energy monkeh. This place is unreal. The kid was signed because he was cheap and has shown potential. Not as an immediate first team regular!!!

He has made 1 start and a handful of sub appearances since McInnes has come in and he Is written off!! Pathetic!!

I think he is a good option to have on the bench right now, especially at home.

Oh yeah, I hear he scored an absolute screamer for the reserves today.....

We need someone with a end product from out on the left. All very well looking exciting but not creating. Mcinnes needs to buy this player as I do not believe we have them in the squad. Pearson I reserve judgment on, he is regaining fitness. He hasn't done much wrong but needs improvement. Woolford well he created at scunny, just seems to me that maybe that was his club and he is just not suited here. Bolasie, headless chicken, not what we need in our current predicament, maybe if we pull well clear of relegation, but with his running up blind alleys and leaving Mcgivern completely exposed I would not have starting, and I am 50/50 if he should even be on the bench.

So you are after a left winger with good end product.....pearson you reserve judgement, fair enough. Woolford not suited here and Bolasie is a headless chicken.

who do you think we should be in for baring in mind the predicament you mentioned?

I think bangers is right. On the face of it bolasie looks exciting, but scratch the surface, I don't think there is much there. Granted he is quick and a bit tricky, but there are glaring issues with his game.

He does not look up

His first touch is ropey, when he gets it right he looks great, but so often he doesn't, and that is the basics of football.

He runs into blind alleys and does not have a clue where his team mates are. Often because as said before he doesn't look up.

His final ball is poor.

In truth he is very much a headless chicken. There is a chance he could end up being good, but their are so many parts to his game which are wrong which shouldn't be at his age.

I'll give him credit, he is willing to give it a go, but from what I have, and to be fair it is fleeting, he is at a team way above his current ability.

Time will tell, but I think he will sink without a trace. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Thing is he's 22 and come from a lower league club so it's not surprising that he's got a lot to learn. Players develop at different speeds (especially if they've not had the coaching) and at his age there's still time to put some of the wrongs right. I agree he doesn't look up enough and his delivery needs to improve and if he doesn't work on those then he'll not make it at this level but if McInnes and Tony Docherty can motivate and coach him (and I think cameos from the subs' bench are a good motivational tool) there's every chance he could become a really useful player for us, especially if Adomah's on hand to give him advice.

I think he's someone that's worth persevering with for a season or two and seeing where we are with him then.

Don't waste your energy monkeh. This place is unreal. The kid was signed because he was cheap and has shown potential. Not as an immediate first team regular!!!

He has made 1 start and a handful of sub appearances since McInnes has come in and he Is written off!! Pathetic!!

I think he is a good option to have on the bench right now, especially at home.

Oh yeah, I hear he scored an absolute screamer for the reserves today.....

Jennison myrie Williams scored a shite load for the ressies as well.

Yannick is a very very rough diamond. Can he adapt to this level? 22 is not exactly young yet he is being treated as a youngster. He needs to be playing at 22. He is not because he is either a very late developer, or he isn't good enough. All this he is one for the future malarky does not cut it for me. He is not 18.

He needs to improve and rapidly, or he will be consigned to the scrap heap (at this club). At 22 after being signed from another club he has to be playing. Going out on loan will not help him now. He has to be playing for this club now.

Can he play at this level, at a good enough standard right now? I don't believe so. Give him a run and see what he can do? In a ideal world yes, in our predicament I just can't see it.

I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, I just see him as a bit part impact sub. But 5 mins here and 5 mins there at this stage of his career is no good for him or us.

Maybe I am being to harsh. Who knows.

So you are after a left winger with good end product.....pearson you reserve judgement, fair enough. Woolford not suited here and Bolasie is a headless chicken.

who do you think we should be in for baring in mind the predicament you mentioned?

Well that is the hard thing, Pearson maybe the answer, he seems quite an intelligent footballer who is getting fitter and fitter. I couldn't tell you who we could go for, I don't know the value of lefties who are available or our transfer budget.

As it is I would stick with Pearson on loan, the last thing we want is to sign someone on big wages and get relegated. I could real off names, but having not watched them I would just be basing my choices on others opinions.

Agree with Kibs, people on here are far too quick to judge.

Only regular game time playing in his prferred position of right wing will Bolasie ever be able to show his true worth. Not 5/10 minute cameo spells on the left when everyone is looking at him to become that match winner. Players can be guilty then of trying to hard to impress & forcing their play as opposed to it coming naturally.

Albert looks like he needs a rest to me so chuck him in for a few games on the right. Failing that i think a loan at League1 playing regulary gaining confidence would do him the world of good.

Bolasie is a rough diamond and i for one am looking forward to watching him progress as a player.

I got a feelng he will be Alberts replacement come start of next season.

Yannick is a very very rough diamond. Can he adapt to this level? 22 is not exactly young yet he is being treated as a youngster. He needs to be playing at 22. He is not because he is either a very late developer, or he isn't good enough. All this he is one for the future malarky does not cut it for me. He is not 18.

He needs to improve and rapidly, or he will be consigned to the scrap heap (at this club). At 22 after being signed from another club he has to be playing. Going out on loan will not help him now. He has to be playing for this club now.

Can he play at this level, at a good enough standard right now? I don't believe so. Give him a run and see what he can do? In a ideal world yes, in our predicament I just can't see it.

I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, I just see him as a bit part impact sub. But 5 mins here and 5 mins there at this stage of his career is no good for him or us.

I see your point but you simply can't have a squad full of peak professionals all demanding to play 90 minutes. You need a mix. He is ideal for us, he cost next to nothing and his wages I imagine will not be particularly big.

Why do we need to give him a run in the team? Everyone wants to play but I am sure he understands the situation and is probably content at just being involved for now.

I for one was impressed with his contribution albeit a short one, we gave them something to think about on the left, who knows, that might have been the reason Albert finally managed to find a bit of space to deliver the winning cross?

I see your point but you simply can't have a squad full of peak professionals all demanding to play 90 minutes. You need a mix. He is ideal for us, he cost next to nothing and his wages I imagine will not be particularly big.

Why do we need to give him a run in the team? Everyone wants to play but I am sure he understands the situation and is probably content at just being involved for now.

I for one was impressed with his contribution albeit a short one, we gave them something to think about on the left, who knows, that might have been the reason Albert finally managed to find a bit of space to deliver the winning cross?

I think he needs a run because at his age he needs to prove one way or another if he has what it takes at this level. But I think mcinnes is between a rock and a hard place in respect to yannick.

You are right, because of the way he plays he pulls more than one player to him creating space for others. That is a good point to his play.

I agree with your comments, he has the skill so if he needs a run of games and we can't afford to give him that then he needs a loan move for the rest of the season.

Archived