IGNORED

Jordan Rhodes - Goal Machine

Kermit the Frog

No less than 5M for Rhodes. Is he worth that? No but Huddersfield will not sell for 3M imo.

I expect it will be higher than that too but I imagine if say Newcastle offered that and he had a tantrum it'd be hard for a league one club to turn it down and leave themselves with a pissed off player who was under contract for another 3.5 years.

This kid is incredible! On SS1 now where he has just scored has 22nd league goal this season. 8 Premier league scouts in the stands watching him. Most interesting of all, did not figure in Roy Keane's plans when he was at ipswich.

This makes me wonder - Who do you think is the best player that didn't get their chance at Bristol City and turned out to be an outstanding football player?

So the story goes...

A young Trevor Francis was offered terms with City as a youth, Mr and Mrs Francis say, 'Can our Trev have a couple of hundred quid to buy a small car with, so when he gets times off he can drive to the midlands to visit his family?' - The club said no. Apparently.

So the story goes...

A young Trevor Francis was offered terms with City as a youth, Mr and Mrs Francis say, 'Can our Trev have a couple of hundred quid to buy a small car with, so when he gets times off he can drive to the midlands to visit his family?' - The club said no. Apparently.

I was just coming to the end of this thread about to post the same thing when I read this!! My old man has always told me how we turned down the first million pound footballer in British football when he was a kid, typical City eh?!

So the story goes...

Oh dear!

5 goals in one game is impressive at any level but did anyone notice just generous the Wycombe defence was? Truly shocking. He's still got to finish of course but they did gift him at least 3 goals.

He's also a one season wonder and done very little so far. Who knows how he could do against tighter and better defenders? Maynard came to City with a good goals coring record but really struggled the first season. Rhodes could be the same. Not worth more than 3m imo.

5 goals in one game is impressive at any level but did anyone notice just generous the Wycombe defence was? Truly shocking. He's still got to finish of course but they did gift him at least 3 goals.

He's also a one season wonder and done very little so far. Who knows how he could do against tighter and better defenders? Maynard came to City with a good goals coring record but really struggled the first season. Rhodes could be the same. Not worth more than 3m imo.

I reckon he would do best in the championship for a a season or so. Perhaps thats why West Ham are favourite at the mo despite all the PL Interest.

So the story goes...

He comes from Plymouth that's why they said no.

Big clauses which would make the total fee 6m surely?

When you look at the likes of Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlin both going from Southampton to Arsenal for £10m plus, someone who has scored what 25/26 league goals by the first week of January probably wouldn't be far of commanding a £6m fee if he does have a while on his contract as well like someone said, 3 and a half years?

Jordan Rhodes? He scored 23 in 09/10, then 22 in 10/11 and got 25 so far in 2011/12 not to mention 6 in 6 for the Sweaties.

Calling him a one season wonder who has done very little so far is frankly wrong.

One season wonder? Crikey, isn't scoring 35 league goals in the last two seasons aged 19 and 20 enough to satisfy you?

Roberts was on loan from wolves and during his spell just went AWOL for no apparent reason if memory serves me right and ended up signing for the scum.

Had a 1 in 2 record there. Good player.

Well sort of, he scored the winner in a 2-1 away victory at Oldham and then Ward dropped him to the bench for the next game and he walked.

Well sort of, he scored the winner in a 2-1 away victory at Oldham and then Ward dropped him to the bench for the next game and he walked.

He buggered off to play in a 5 a side knockabout in Central America somewhere I think. On the subject of Rhodes,he's obviously on a roll but could never play for us because,as pointed out in a different thread,all current Scottish players are not worth a place in our 'all conquering' side.

So the story goes...

Why would he want to drive to the Midlands? His family are from Devon, I believe.

The simple answer is that Francis' parents were eager for teenager Trev to leave the family home in Plymouth asap. City came in with an offer, but the Francis family were disappointed that Bristol was not far enough away. Thus the request was made that a car be purchased using BCFC funds that Trevor would drive to the Midlands a couple of times a week to create an even greater distance between him and his parents. City did not agree to this, so the Francis family made Trev sign for Birmingham instead. Anyone who has parented a teenager will know that this story has substance.

As for the greatest player City let slip away, perhaps Bert Trautmann fits the bill. He was working with ex-POWs at Ashton Court when Alec Eisentrager was signed by City. He could see how great a goalkeeper Bert was and asked him if he would like to come and play for City. Trautmann was very keen on the idea, but when Eisenstrager told the City management about Trautmann he was told that City were well off for keepers (blame David James again!) so Trautmann wasn't even afforded a trial. He went on to success with Man City when he returned up north, and was voted footballer of the year and was generally recognised as one of the greatest goalkeepers in the world in the 1950s. I dare say a lot of you know this, but he carried on playing in the 1956 FA Cup Final after sustaining a broken neck. Any jolt could've killed him, yet he still pulled off some more brave saves.

Archived