IGNORED

Mcinness Too Negative ?

notsobigfatdave

Am I the only one who thinks this... we have enough defenders already who are all capable of doing a job in the Championship and yet it seems two possiby three more are being linked with the club.?

Is this mad Scotsman aiming for the legendary tight*** scotsman status and a formation of 8-1-1..... Looks like Spence, Ribs, Hunt and Edwards are all out of favour yet how can another Scot be considered at a tag of £250 K for these positions...he cant be much cop at that sort of Money...

I would much rather see a bid for a striker or two.....

Our problem is scoring goals, more goals than the opposition... Not defending a lead we havent got...

I hate negative football from any team.:ranting:

Am I the only one who thinks this... we have enough defenders already who are all capable of doing a job in the Championship and yet it seems two possiby three more are being linked with the club.?

Is this mad Scotsman aiming for the legendary tight*** scotsman status and a formation of 8-1-1..... Looks like Spence, Ribs, Hunt and Edwards are all out of favour yet how can another Scot be considered at a tag of £250 K for these positions...he cant be much cop at that sort of Money...

Our problem is scoring goals, more goals than the opposition... Not defending a lead we havent got...

Saints are currently scoring for fun. Sandaza has a great scoring record. Sadly Sheridan is injured - but these two up on fron were scoring for fun. Methinks Del is building from the back/middle. Not negative, more sensible. Yes you can score, but if you concede? Better not to concede at all , then build?

The only negative thing is your post, he has signed a full back (utility player) who's strongest attributes are best served in the opposition half. How on earth is that negative?

We all know the real issue here - Your mate Ribs has just dropped another place in the pecking order.

I would rather see money put towards some talented midfielders tbh. But as our defence is dog shit, I'm glad to see Mcinnes is looking to sort that out to.

one of the major downsides to our attacking capability has been lack of a proper full back who looks to overlap. All best teams have great full-backs. Support for wingers is vital. Why is this signing defensive is he turns out to be a good attacking full back who improves the service to our strikers?

Think a little outside of the box.

Each and every one of them are surplus to requirements. I thought you said somewhere you were not going to comment on Ribs anymore?? Nice try though!!

one of the major downsides to our attacking capability has been lack of a proper full back who looks to overlap. All best teams have great full-backs. Support for wingers is vital. Why is this signing defensive is he turns out to be a good attacking full back who improves the service to our strikers?

Think a little outside of the box.

* i didnt mean this reply to be in response to Screech. General to thread.

I dont think the correct word is negative, i think we have become predictable - Albert is awesome yes, but the lad cannot be the common denominator behind every assault. An attacking full back with pace sounds just right IMO, will support albert, overlap and offer another means of attack - sensible signing if everyhting is true about the lad - lets all judge after we have seen what Del/Doc have up there sleeve :englandsmile4wf:

In the first 12 games we were leaking goals and bottom of the league. In the last 4 games we've kept 3 clean sheets and we're out of the relegation zone. Difficult to see the issue with defending?

Exactly, what a turn around. Just imagine what he can do with his own players in the side.

Any manager worth his salt

Builds a team for the back

This

I dont think the correct word is negative, i think we have become predictable - Albert is awesome yes, but the lad cannot be the common denominator behind every assault. An attacking full back with pace sounds just right IMO, will support albert, overlap and offer another means of attack - sensible signing if everyhting is true about the lad - lets all judge after we have seen what Del/Doc have up there sleeve :englandsmile4wf:

Thought exactly this Tuesday night. We have always had a lack of good overlapping fullbacks, Albert was isolated at times, and a right full back could've really offered another option!

Like I posted last night.

October - 6pts - Millen

January - 27pts - McInnes.

Squad inherited circa 35

Squad by end of summer circa 22

The squad currently above the regular 17 is Pish.

Please cut these guys some slack, have a beer and even take a chill pill.

I'm sure boring as shit will do nicely for a majority of fans till summer. Championship status is priority.

End of, roll on the weekend.

Our defence has been our weak point since we were promoted in 2007, so it's good to see that McInnes is trying to address it.

Indeed , great teams are built from the back. Liverpool of the 70's & 80's and Arsenal late 80's & 90's. Surprised our "ex-pro" poster doesn't recognise this.

Indeed , great teams are built from the back. Liverpool of the 70's & 80's and Arsenal late 80's & 90's. Surprised our "ex-pro" poster doesn't recognise this.

True that- can't win without a sound defence in 99% of cases- one of the finest examples of this is the great Italian sides from whichever era- AC Milan late 80s-mid 90s were a prime example.

Oh dear

Dont know if you noticed, but arent a great team! Dels just trying to get the points on board.

We saw during our good run - and Saints fans have said - Del produces good quality football...... but he has said we need to get results first and then build...

We need to stay in this division - if that means negative football, so be it. At least then we can look forward to good football next season

Nyantanga?? Mcgivern? "hunt? Stewart? Spence? :laugh::shocking: , Fonts is ok and louis , Skuse is a midfielder Ribs has fitness issues and Edwards is unproven so...

who are these defenders doing a job???

Foster is an attacking full back.

What is negative about having a decent defence?

Hello?

Bigfatdave being critical of the manager who's buying a full back. Can't imagine why that should be.

Jesus, doesn't take much for people to jump down posters throats. So Dave likes ribs, so what. Our problem pretty much since we have been in this division is creativity. So Dave had a pretty valid point. Why the need to jump down his throat for having a different opinion from the crowd?

Nicky Maynard may leave for nothing in the summer. Price tag's mean nothing nowadays.

Jesus, doesn't take much for people to jump down posters throats. So Dave likes ribs, so what. Our problem pretty much since we have been in this division is creativity. So Dave had a pretty valid point. Why the need to jump down his throat for having a different opinion from the crowd?

Maybe because it's way too soon to judge?

Archived