IGNORED

Mcinness Too Negative ?

notsobigfatdave

Am I the only one who thinks this... we have enough defenders already who are all capable of doing a job in the Championship and yet it seems two possiby three more are being linked with the club.?

Is this mad Scotsman aiming for the legendary tight*** scotsman status and a formation of 8-1-1..... Looks like Spence, Ribs, Hunt and Edwards are all out of favour yet how can another Scot be considered at a tag of £250 K for these positions...he cant be much cop at that sort of Money...

I would much rather see a bid for a striker or two.....

Our problem is scoring goals, more goals than the opposition... Not defending a lead we havent got...

I hate negative football from any team.:ranting:

Are you joking? we have enough defenders yeah, but hardly any of them are good enough! I think considering Ribs, Hunt and Edwards hardly featured under Millen and now McInnes you shouldn't be surprised at all by this!!

How is signing Foster negative? It's the first defender he has signed, he is a new manager with new ideas give the bloke a chance!! How do you not no he has potential attacking options lined up!?

Also just a little reminder, we don't have endless money to throw around! What are you expecting him to go and sign a defender for a million followed by a striker and winger for 2 million each? Still don't understand as to how you consider signing one defender negative?

Jesus, doesn't take much for people to jump down posters throats. So Dave likes ribs, so what. Our problem pretty much since we have been in this division is creativity. So Dave had a pretty valid point. Why the need to jump down his throat for having a different opinion from the crowd?

Since when was disagreeing with someone jumping down their throats? The idea that we play negative football is absolute poppycock. Since McInnes arrived we've been playing the ball on the floor and trying to play a pass and move game with width and people running at defenders. It hasn't always worked but it's a million miles from negative.

The timing's a little too obvious to believe that the motives for such a crazy post are what they are claimed to be.

Jesus, doesn't take much for people to jump down posters throats. So Dave likes ribs, so what. Our problem pretty much since we have been in this division is creativity. So Dave had a pretty valid point. Why the need to jump down his throat for having a different opinion from the crowd?

I think the fact he is criticising the manager , who has dragged us kicking and screaming off the bottom of the table , has something to do with it. We are 6 day's into the transfer window and DMc has addressed an area of the team that needs to be strengthened. Still plenty of time for a midfielder and a striker. Pearson looks decent and if we can add another 2 or 3 we have a great chance of beating the drop.

For an "ex-pro" BFD seems awfully short sighted to me. All my opinion of couse.

Maybe because it's way too soon to judge?

It's not about judging its about a lack of creativity we have had since we have been in this division. If if wasn't for maynard blockbusters 2 seasons ago there would be a good chance we would be in div1.

Personally I think the signing is right, we need a left back and a right back. But Dave has a valid point, seems to have been shot down by the herd and now posters who don't even support this club.

I think people are sometimes blind to the issue because del is the messiah, yes he has done a good job so far. I'll let you know in 2 years if he is the messiah. People including me were saying Millen was the man 15 months ago, now the poor bloke is an outcast!

Since when was disagreeing with someone jumping down their throats? The idea that we play negative football is absolute poppycock. Since McInnes arrived we've been playing the ball on the floor and trying to play a pass and move game with width and people running at defenders. It hasn't always worked but it's a million miles from negative.

The timing's a little too obvious to believe that the motives for such a crazy post are what they are claimed to be.

Most people are seemingly jumping down his throat because they can only see the name ribs. Tell me I am wrong. I wouldn't say we are negative, like I said lack creativity, approach play is okay, but either the final ball or finishing is piss poor

Each and every one of them are surplus to requirements. I thought you said somewhere you were not going to comment on Ribs anymore?? Nice try though!!

Sorry perhaps Negative was the wrong word...and I did have a few stowfords earlier...

No your wrong its got nothing to do with Ribs hes just one of the several Defenders we have available...Ive resigned myself to the fact that he will probably be back at Carlisle before the end of the Month and gone for good come June. My point is who is going to replace Maynard and score the goals...its seems to me to be a bit like having a team bus with no seats in the front....21 games to play and we have to consolidate a position where we are only 3 points above the relegation zone by signing defenders...that cant be right can it ?

If we were sitting realatively safe half way up the table then I could understand it but in the matches ahead we need to win more than we lose and you can only do this by scoring goals...

I fear if we continually bolster the defence its going to give a clear signal to teams thats our game plan and looking at the quality of some of the big clubs languishing in or around the relgation zone at the moment if it comes to a dog fight at the end of the season ( which it always does ) it is always the teams who are scoring and winning that pull through and not those who are defending and drawing..

Perhaps Im just a glass half full type of guy and have been conditioned to attacking football all my life.

Ive played in Hundreds of Football matches in my lifetme and watched 100,s more and in all that time Ive heard the fans, especially in the 70,s & 80,shouting Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack never Defend Defend Defend Defend Defend... dont some of you find that strange...

Im not getting at Mcinness because I think he could be a good Manager but when Maynard goes, love him or loathe him, we are going to be extremely vunerable without some attack minded players in the team.

Most people are seemingly jumping down his throat because they can only see the name ribs. Tell me I am wrong. I wouldn't say we are negative, like I said lack creativity, approach play is okay, but either the final ball or finishing is piss poor

I wouldn't disagree with needing more creativity but we know how hard the two main gaps (real left winger, creative midfield general who can defend) are to fill. I doubt you'll fix a creativity problem by buying a striker or two as was suggested...? It's such an out there post it's hard to imagine any rational motive.

Agree with that , hence replacements being sought. An overlapping full back is a start , and we all know he's after a striker.

Let's wait for the end of the window before any condemnation occurs. Not aimed at you youu TRL.

Sorry perhaps Negative was the wrong word...and I did have a few stowfords earlier...

No your wrong its got nothing to do with Ribs hes just one of the several Defenders we have available...Ive resigned myself to the fact that he will probably be back at Carlisle before the end of the Month and gone for good come June. My point is who is going to replace Maynard and score the goals...its seems to me to be a bit like having a team bus with no seats in the front....21 games to play and we have to consolidate a position where we are only 3 points above the relegation zone by signing defenders...that cant be right can it ?

If we were sitting realatively safe half way up the table then I could understand it but in the matches ahead we need to win more than we lose and you can only do this by scoring goals...

I fear if we continually bolster the defence its going to give a clear signal to teams thats our game plan and looking at the quality of some of the big clubs languishing in or around the relgation zone at the moment if it comes to a dog fight at the end of the season ( which it always does ) it is always the teams who are scoring and winning that pull through and not those who are defending and drawing..

Perhaps Im just a glass half full type of guy and have been conditioned to attacking football all my life.

Ive played in Hundreds of Football matches in my lifetme and watched 100,s more and in all that time Ive heard the fans, especially in the 70,s & 80,shouting Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack never Defend Defend Defend Defend Defend... dont some of you find that strange...

Im not getting at Mcinness because I think he could be a good Manager but when Maynard goes, love him or loathe him, we are going to be extremely vunerable without some attack minded players in the team.

Gary Johnson and Keith Millen tried to solve our problems by signing striker after striker after striker. That worked well didn't it??

Let's become hard to beat and work from there , yes or no ?

Sorry Nibs I just like people with names containing the consecutive letters i and b in them...perhaps you could be the next subject Of my affections......Ok so perhaps negative is the wrong choice of words but I would have liked to have seen a more positive approach to our team selection and sign one or two forwards to ruffle the feathers of the current incumbants rather than a surplus of defenders who will be dispensed with at the end of the season.

All of your fears are irrational and unfounded Dave, ask yourself this. Where were we when McInnes took over and where are we now? It's no fluke. The improvement has been enormous.

Do you know why? Because he has made is hard to beat. We won't stay up simply by trying to out score teams. We will end up shipping goals as we did at the start of the season.

You can't turn a side getting beat every week into a team of free scoring superstars overnight. Things take time.

Sorry Nibs I just like people with names containing the consecutive letters i and b in them...perhaps you could be the next subject Of my affections......Ok so perhaps negative is the wrong choice of words but I would have liked to have seen a more positive approach to our team selection and sign one or two forwards to ruffle the feathers of the current incumbants rather than a surplus of defenders who will be dispensed with at the end of the season.

We've got five strikers in the squad and we play a system that gives us three of the ten outfield players with largely attacking roles and two others who can get forward whenever we have the ball as well.

We need a left winger, a midfield general and a centre half before a striker IMO. In fact I think we should ship out Clarkson at the earliest opportunity.

You didn't mention Maynard once in your first post and if he goes in January I am sure we will sign one. If he doesn't we'll do fine with him, Pitman and Stead.

To be honest, when we defend as a team we are okay, and in all our seasons, I would nevet have said defence was the biggest problem. Our defensive record since we have been in the championship has been pretty good.

Strikers are not the problem, it is our rancid central midfield where the real problem is.

I would hope if maynard goes then we get a striker replacement.

We also need either a left or right back depending where foster plays, but this I am sure can wait until the end of the season.

Maybe Dave could have used less emotive language, but I can see where he is coming from.

Gary Johnson and Keith Millen tried to solve our problems by signing striker after striker after striker. That worked well didn't it??

Let's become hard to beat and work from there , yes or no ?

Well yes I suppose.... but theres a hint of negativity in that statement... :laughcont: When it comes to the business end those clubs who send out attack minded teams looking to score goals and win the game are those who will win through and not those who look to defend and not concede and draw, lose or be not be beaten...always ! its as basic as Good versus Evil... :yes:

What????? Delboy has made us hard to beat and thus competitive in every match since he arrived.

At the same time more often than not, we have also had a real attacking threat. Very credible given the weak squad he has had to work with.

There really hasn't anything negative about Delboys time thus far.

Well yes I suppose.... but theres a hint of negativity in that statement... :laughcont: When it comes to the business end those clubs who send out attack minded teams looking to score goals and win the game are those who will win through and not those who look to defend and not concede and draw, lose or be not be beaten...always ! its as basic as Good versus Evil... :yes:

No it isn't. Every single successful manager starts by building from the back. Our problem this season until Del arrived was shit defending, we conceded a horrific number of goals because we were playing very open with little confidence and hoofing the ball all the time. He's organised the defence (without signing a defender until now) and got us passing. He's brought in an attack minded midfielder with a left foot, and he's identified the players who need to move on. There's nothing negative or defensive minded about how we've set up under McInnes and if you expected him to fix the creativity problem we've suffered from since Noble was bombed out in just a couple of months then your expectations are too high.

What????? Delboy has made us hard to beat and thus competitive in every match since he arrived.

At the same time more often than not, we have also had a real attacking threat. Very credible given the weak squad he has had to work with.

There really hasn't anything negative about Delboys time thus far.

Apart from a 5 match streak where we lost or drew to teams around us. Where fans were throwing their bile at various players because it wad too soon to boo mcinnes.

Just look at the reaction to the millwall win. Then think about what you just said. Plenty of negatives from us fans

Indeed , great teams are built from the back. Liverpool of the 70's & 80's and Arsenal late 80's & 90's. Surprised our "ex-pro" poster doesn't recognise this.

Sorry but your wrong those teams had quite sublime attacking players in them and some very good but average defenders by comparison....Their success was built on scoring goals...

Wasnt it Bill Shankley himself who coined the phrase "The best form of defence is Attack." Ive never played in a team albeit my career was in the lower tier who didnt base their tactics on trying to win the game rather than trying not to lose it !..honest.!

Sorry but your wrong those teams had quite sublime attacking players in them and some very good but average defenders by comparison....Their success was built on scoring goals...

Wasnt it Bill Shankley himself who coined the phrase "The best form of defence is Attack." Ive never played in a team albeit my career was in the lower tier who didnt base their tactics on trying to win the game rather than trying not to lose it !..honest.!

Of course you are correct. I must have dreamed the "1-0 to the Arsenal" chant !!

For me he has got them playing bhetter football more organised and passing better. We look more like we are in the game now and its fairly attractive. If chances had been converted we would be upper mid table by now. I think Del boy is going to be something special and ifhe makes my beloved City a winning attractive playing time I will love him for ever. Del is gert lush me babbers he can't help it if he doesn't know the krek waiter speak yet.

40 years a red City till I die and right behind you Del.

One nil to the Arsenal? Alan Smith up front?

Hansen & Lawro average defenders?

Doesn't sound right to me.

You don't build a side by starting with flair and creativity, you get the defence sound and settled and build on it. The exciting players are usually the cherry on top.

It was George Washington, and I don't think anybody who's watched us under McInnes could really say we're setting up not to lose.

Strikers are not the problem, it is our rancid central midfield where the real problem is.

This is the part of the team where our problems lie.What we need is what every team is desperate for,a goalscoring midfielder.If we could get someone who could get around 10 goals from midfield it would help massively,the problem is everyone is looking for that type of player and they cost big money.Do strongly agree about building from the back though,as long as its 0-0 your always in with a shout,if you score 1 or 2 bur can't defend you're in the ###t.

No it isn't. Every single successful manager starts by building from the back. Our problem this season until Del arrived was shit defending, we conceded a horrific number of goals because we were playing very open with little confidence and hoofing the ball all the time. He's organised the defence (without signing a defender until now) and got us passing. He's brought in an attack minded midfielder with a left foot, and he's identified the players who need to move on. There's nothing negative or defensive minded about how we've set up under McInnes and if you expected him to fix the creativity problem we've suffered from since Noble was bombed out in just a couple of months then your expectations are too high.

Perhaps they are...I would like to see City in the Premier League before I die and Wham win the Title but Im afraid ive more chance of finding rocking horse shit! And yes I do expect him to fix it...hes the manager after all... I dont want to spend my hard earned watching a team over burdened with average defenders, looking at some of our recent crowd figures ( acepting times are hard ) nor do many others.....Start winning games, by playing good attacking football and the crowds come flocking back... always..:yes:

A good night to you Sir, Ive got to pick up a couple of colleagues early morning and lunching in Horsham so I need an early night.

One nil to the Arsenal? Alan Smith up front?

Hansen & Lawro average defenders?

Doesn't sound right to me.

You don't build a side by starting with flair and creativity, you get the defence sound and settled and build on it. The exciting players are usually the cherry on top.

It was George Washington, and I don't think anybody who's watched us under McInnes could really say we're setting up not to lose.

Yes but who did they have in midfeild and up front ?

Who cares about attacking football when we are in our situation.

This season is all about staying up - we need to strengthen the defence.... So thats what mcinnes is doing....

If we stay up, there will be loads of players out of contract at the end of the season. Mcinnes can really start building then...

Til then, it's all about getting the team solid as a unit.

And anyway, he's only signed one defender... A much needed right back!!

Yawn. I dont know what type of signings you want him to make. We are skint and he can fill in a number of positions. Can we let him settle please? Next year we will have a tiny squad and we need players like Foster. Mcinnes is doing absolutely the right thing, hes addressing our very shaky defence and any decent manager whose joining a club, bottom of the league shipping goals for fun is sort the defence out. Please calm down, look where we are in the table and at our finances. Lets wait till the summer when we stay in the league and have a clearout rather than the mass hysteria on here. facepalm.gif

1 nil is that a WIN and yes that usually started after the first of several goals...Ii seem to recall it was generally 3.Nil to the Arsenal with a ian wright double.. got to go sadly

Is 1 nil a WIN !! Well it's not a f ecking draw or loss is it!! Enjoy your lunch Dave.

Archived