IGNORED

Is Nicky Hunt The Clubs Worst Ever Signing ?

II Wurzel II

HIs name always crops up, so lets include Clemens Zwijnenberg.

Jamie Smith didnt set the world alight either did he

Lets not forget the forgettable Vilmos Seebok ( pronounced T W A T ).

Apparently the story goes he wouldn't play one game because of the weather

Worst 11 I'd like to see the sags sign

I would go for;

1) Mike Hooper(utter dross)

2) Brian 'maddog' Mitchell

3) Alan Hay (what a limp sh.te he was)

4) Dicky Dryden (wasn't he known as Dynamo Dresden?)

5) Julian Marshall (signed from Hereford. Nuff said)

6) Sean Dyche (good at pointing)

7) Steve Galliers (rubbish)

8) Glenn Pennyfather (had something in common with Galliers)

9) Steve Johnson (rambo? More like bimbo)

10) Ian Baird (what can you say ?)

11) Henry McKop (completely forgettable)

Managed by Tony 'the lads were triffic' Pulis

Oh, we've had worse than Pulis- Tinnion and Millen are two, maybe Benny also...Older fans will surely be able to remember managers worse still!

Lets not forget the forgettable Vilmos Seebok ( pronounced T W A T ).

Apparently the story goes he wouldn't play one game because of the weather

Yep, he was so poor that he went on to represent Hungary 52 times, where he was part of their most successful defence for years, and also play in the Bundesliga, where he scored against Bayern Munich.

I think the conclusion we can draw from this is that Sebok was just one of the vast number of players who City did not get the best of (see also Woolford, M; Saborio, A etc etc)

It was the manager of the time - who offloaded him with all our foreign players - who was the twa.t.

I was just trying to think of anyone else City have signed who's worse than Nicky Hunt ...

... a quick trawl of this thread provides a pretty long list of candidates

To which I'd like to add one who will surely be the last name on any teamsheet listed in alphabetical order: anyone else see Clemens Zwijnenberg play or did you blink?

Yep, he was so poor that he went on to represent Hungary 52 times, where he was part of their most successful defence for years, and also play in the Bundesliga, where he scored against Bayern Munich.

I think the conclusion we can draw from this is that Sebok was just one of the vast number of players who City did not get the best of (see also Woolford, M; Saborio, A etc etc)

It was the manager of the time - who offloaded him with all our foreign players - who was the twa.t.

He also marked Alan Shearer out the game when England played them while he was playing for us. He was a real class act, he could actually play football and got bombed out by Tiny Penis because he wouldnt hoof the ball in the stands. I always thought he was quality for us, to say he would even be mentioned on a worst signings list is a joke really. Although not brilliant, he was decent for us. Also putting Ivan Testimatanu anywhere near this list is a joke too, he was CLASS for us. Had he not got injured up at WBA when we got relegated we could of won that game and possibly stayed up. He scored a screamer up at Chesterfield on a tuesday night if i remember rightly.

He could have played 200 games for Brazil, scored a Champions League winner for Barcelona but for us was dire shite scared of the rain !

Who was the manager...............who cares.................I won't play in case I get wet !!!!

He could have played 200 games for Brazil, scored a Champions League winner for Barcelona but for us was dire shite scared of the rain !

Who was the manager...............who cares.................I won't play in case I get wet !!!!

I'm sure it rains a bit in East Germany, Tone. I think that story is likely to be subject to some terminological inexactitude.

I do agree he looked bobbins when he was here.

Who was the scottish loanee we had that done his knee after 10 mins & we had to pay his wages for the rest of the season.

Believe Johnson signed him

Andrius Velicka? Yer.

And as for Woolford up above, he might be bad but Nicky Hunt is far far worse!

torpey was appalling, however I think we've had even worse strikers a bit before that time - liam robinson and ian baird for instance, even more so when you consider they were bought to fill the gap (i think??) left by the sale of cole and the jettisoning of jacki. it was symbolic of a club doing it's best to return to the dark ages. while i agree the pound value gained from Hunt makes him the worst buy in a financial sense, robinson and baird get my vote for being totally emblematic of the tragic comedy that BCFC masqueraded as in the osman years.

as for the person who nominated testimitanu and soren anderson, have you gone bananas!!! I thought they were glimmers of talent in a relegation side. on top of that, i thought both played with their hearts fully dedicated to the city cause. if we'd had more players like that, who knows, we could have been more successful!

ray atteveld also gets a runner's up prize. what was it, an evil back pass second into his debut that led to a goal, a fantastic own goal away at wall, and a red card during the battle of vicarage road. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was tipping him to be an ashton gate great when he first signed, either :laugh:

I was just trying to think of anyone else City have signed who's worse than Nicky Hunt, surely in terms of minutes played, performances, wages and overall contribution he surely has to be the outright winner by a country mile......

So looking at the whole life cycle ie: Transfer fee, wages, appearences, contributions, errors and then final sale price what other players have dented the wallet of Bristol City FC big time ??

Prefer not to dig the knife in while the guy is still with the club; it might lower his value below 47p.

Prefer not to dig the knife in while the guy is still with the club; it might lower his value below 47p.

47p is a fantastic amount,thats how much i bet my saints mate we'd beat them,daft tit offered me double or quits giving me the draw too for the away leg but i upped it to 53p. he still owes me a quid :laugh:

Archived