IGNORED

Is Nicky Hunt The Clubs Worst Ever Signing ?

II Wurzel II

It was cup match, not sure which now, we won 1-0, the game was played at Selhurst. Please tell me I didn't dream it all?

Not unless I had the same dream. I was there too. FA Cup. Gus had Fashanu in his pocket all night long. An unbelievable performance by Gus and for that one night's work I will always remember him fondly.

Ralph Milne was a cracking player for BCFC and scored a wonder goal v a then very strong Oxford United side away from home. He wasn't good enough for Man Utd but starred for a Dundee United team that reached a European final and won the SPL and was always impressive for us.

As for anyone suggesting Rob Edwards was a bad player for City - HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME. The bloke was good enough to keep turning out in the league until he was about 45, ha.

Worst 11 I'd like to see the sags sign

I would go for;

1) Mike Hooper(utter dross)

2) Brian 'maddog' Mitchell

3) Alan Hay (what a limp sh.te he was)

4) Dicky Dryden (wasn't he known as Dynamo Dresden?)

5) Julian Marshall (signed from Hereford. Nuff said)

6) Sean Dyche (good at pointing)

7) Steve Galliers (rubbish)

8) Glenn Pennyfather (had something in common with Galliers)

9) Steve Johnson (rambo? More like bimbo)

10) Ian Baird (what can you say ?)

11) Henry McKop (completely forgettable)

Managed by Tony 'the lads were triffic' Pulis

Can't agree about Rob Edwards or Steve Torpeydisapointed2se.gifdisapointed2se.gifdisapointed2se.gif

I can't bring myself to dislike Torpey either, here was a man who said he would crawl on his hands and knees across the Severn bridge to sign for City. Rob Edwards was decent enough too. He wasn't Sean Dyche dreadful, everything Dyche touched turned to shit.

Just remembered another, Ian Brown Brown Brown. Came to City with a good reputation from non league, unfortunately the reputation was not based on football ability.

Edit: Steve Jones as well, jeez, the memory banks this morning are dragging up a crock of crap players.

The only problem with Bridges was he was being managed by Tins.

Free transfer and had moments of real class. Unfortunately these took place in a team totally unable to work with him.

Where did bridges end up? Was it Carlisle? Where ever it was I'm sure he didn't do brilliantly, EDIT just checked, good season at Carlisle, sold to hull then career took an even bigger nose dive. I don't know if that had more to do with the players around him or his own waning ability.

I felt for the guy, he had the footballing world at his feet and then the rug was pulled away.

Where did bridges end up? Was it Carlisle? Where ever it was I'm sure he didn't do brilliantly. I don't know if that had more to do with the players around him or his own waning ability.

I felt for the guy, he had the footballing world at his feet and then the rug was pulled away.

Wiki says he's still playing down under.

Scored 15 in 31 league games for Carlisle before moving to Hull where he was less prolific, then was a bit of a nomad till settling in Australia seemingly.

Just shows how band injuries can be; went from being a future England player scoring in the champions league to league two in a few years/

Still think he'd have been a decent player for us given the right conditions, but ce la vie.

Hey back off Nicky Hunt,hes been up against it ever since hes been here,dogged with injuries,worked through the mismanagerment of the pre Mcinnes era,give him a break,a fully fit and focused Nick Hunt is a asset to any squad.

Thanks for that Nicky

Hey back off Nicky Hunt,hes been up against it ever since hes been here,dogged with injuries,worked through the mismanagerment of the pre Mcinnes era,give him a break,a fully fit and focused Nick Hunt is a asset to any squad.

Bit like saying if Sproule could cross.....

or Haynes could finish....

or Johnson wasn't Johnson's son ?

Just remembered another, Ian Brown Brown Brown. Came to City with a good reputation from non league, unfortunately the reputation was not based on football ability.

Edit: Steve Jones as well, jeez, the memory banks this morning are dragging up a crock of crap players.

God how can anyone forget Steve Jones!! And to think that bloke scored for Charlton at Anfield in the prem! He was simply woeful! Definitely one of the worst signings I have seen!

God how can anyone forget Steve Jones!! And to think that bloke scored for Charlton at Anfield in the prem! He was simply woeful! Definitely one of the worst signings I have seen!

It all started when as a child he was a naughty boy til eventually someone tanned his backside for him... things got worse from then on... the rest is history :)

If he was still here he'd no doubt have linked up well with Nya-Tango'ed though.

Nicky Hunt has probably cost us the best part of £2m over his the length of his contract and contributed sweet **** all, some might even say less than that. I can't think of any signing that even approaches that magnitude of cluster**** so the answer is wholeheartedly yes. The sooner we're shot of him the better.

Archived