IGNORED

As Much As I Want A New Stadium...

Cider red

I thought St Mary's was a great stadium, the low roof created good acoustics whereas The Ricoh was too open. (I know it was half empty)

The Gate could be redeveloped if you took into consideration all the industrial/commercial land around it. Braby, Wickes, Staples etc, although there wouldn't be any finance from Sainsburys

The Gate could be redeveloped if you took into consideration all the industrial/commercial land around it. Braby, Wickes, Staples etc, although there wouldn't be any finance from Sainsburys

..unless Lansdown sells the AV land to Sainsbury's! Money for Ashton Gate redevelopment and the AV residents get a Supermarket and not a Stadium. B'stards.

Nogbad out of interest where do you sit at the Gate?

I'm guessing you don't sit in the upper Dolman? Anyone who sits there & doesn't sit at an end of a row would know what a dreadful design it is and how long you have to wait to get out of it.

It quite often takes 10-15 mins after the match to slowly shuffle along the row, then wait for for someone to left you out of the row, then down the steps, then wait again to 'filter' in & start shuffling along towards the exit steps.. shall I go on?

This alone is one of the reasons we need a new stadium, yeah ok I could sit somewhere else, but I like my seat, it's just frustrating to waste time after the end of the match. It's not a surprise that people leave the stand early.

I just hope there is never a reason to evacuate quickly!

Personally I would love a St Marys or a Madjeski and get out 10 mins earlier.

....thats why its always a good idea for Dolmanites to leave curries & cider off their pre match-day menu's !! :) its an accident waiting to happen.

I thought St Mary's was a great stadium, the low roof created good acoustics whereas The Ricoh was too open. (I know it was half empty)

Have to disagree with you there, no different from Blackpools, Bournemouth, Leicester, Middlesborough, Doncaster, Derby, Sunderland.

Apart from the odd difference between maybe size, and in the case of Derby and Sunderland (an extra tier on one side) they're all the same - one single bowl joined up in the corners. You change the colour of the seats in any of these stadiums, you'd struggle to name whose ground it is.

Archived