IGNORED

Yannick Must Start Saturday

the frampton balti

He did more in the first five on the pitch saturday than the rest of the team put together bar a fantastic save from david (i'l just leave that if its gonna hit the post) james.

if albert is injured play yannick and jcr on the left with pearson and marv in the middle (Sissy if marvs injured) pitman and woods up front.

Foster looks fast , carey tangs and mc allister!!!!!!! yes we need some decent delivery.

As an aside i thought brightons stadium was fantastic . How anyone there could say that the atmosphere was shite defys understanding particularly after the long standing souless atmosphere at the gate.

City fans have to look at themselves .......nothing was provided in support after the first goal went in , which i am afraid to say i had to applaud, what a strike!

Brighton is a good match day experience. Cant believe i was sat in a quality pub in lewes at 2.45 and sat in my padded seat at 3.03.

good pies and the bristol ale (bathales) was a nice touch.

Why do fans sing' Your supposed to be at home' SURELY 'YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE AWAY ' would be more appropriate.

Dire performance should have been 40.

YANNICK MUST START!

I like the idea of Pearson in the middle and if you had Albert and Bolasie on the wings we would defInitely carry a threat out wide. The problem is that you would be faced with either restricting Albert and Yannick in their attacking freedom or leaving fullbacks terribly exposed. Definitely think Pearson could provide creativity in the middle but more strength and bite than Killa (as long as he doesn't tackle like he did at Crawley...)

Sat for me;

James

Foster

Nyatanga

Carey

McGivern

Elliott (if fit)

Kilkenny

Pearson

Adomah (if fit)

Wood

Bolasie

Subs;

Pitman

Maynard

Cisse (for Elliott if out)/Skuse

Gerken

Wilson(for Adomah if out, swap with Foster)/Skuse

Doubt it will happen but I think that line up (including injury forced swaps) would give us flexibility and strength.

Bolasie to start? Not in my team. Sure he's a potential match winner going forward but be just can't defend at all and we've seen already that McInnes likes to have a solid bank of 10 behind the ball when not in possession and 11 back when defending a corner.

As we saw at Brighton, Bolasie can make quite an impact coming on late when defenders are tiring. I'd keep him on the bench.

Bolasie to start? Not in my team. Sure he's a potential match winner going forward but be just can't defend at all and we've seen already that McInnes likes to have a solid bank of 10 behind the ball when not in possession and 11 back when defending a corner.

As we saw at Brighton, Bolasie can make quite an impact coming on late when defenders are tiring. I'd keep him on the bench.

He started at home to Burnley and did well, I understand your point but considering we need to shake things up I really don't think there is much threat putting him in from the get go; you can always remove him if he looks out of his depth.

Certainly if Adomah is not fit again we need someone to take the game to the opposition, and I for one think that against Donny we will need to do that.

He started at home to Burnley and did well, I understand your point but considering we need to shake things up I really don't think there is much threat putting him in from the get go; you can always remove him if he looks out of his depth.

Certainly if Adomah is not fit again we need someone to take the game to the opposition, and I for one think that against Donny we will need to do that.

If Albert is missing then Bolasie is an option but not an automatic replacement imo. I don't think he'd be 'out of his depth' in the Championship, he played a few games there when at Argyle. Like I said his weakness is his hopeless defending and that won't sit well with McInnes. Its a different scenario when your're chasing a game.

Agreed, Bolasie needs to work on his defending and shouldn't start games.

Doncaster is a must not lose game rather than a must win and I don't think we should be gung-ho and put out an attacking team - we'll get picked off easily.

I'd like to see a solid, hard to break down unit with fast counter attacking and 4-5-1 would do the job with the players we have. I just hope he doesn't try to fit in Wood and Maynard/Pitman and go for 4-4-2 again, it just doesn't work with the midfielders we have. Putting Pearson in the middle may help, but this game isn't the one to try it out, we can't afford to lose this one.

I see your point, but i don't see how a team set up to counter attack is going to help against a side that will be coming for a point and sitting back. If we are going to beat Donny i feel we will have to score at least 2 goals, as i can't see our defence keeping Coppinger, Douif and Sharp from scoring.

The only way i can see us not conceeding is if we dominate possession, and to do that we need some balance in the team which neither pearson or woolford provide, as currently we can keep the point in the middle but the have no outlet bar adomah, which means we end up midlessly humping the ball forward as there is nothing on.

Play Cisse/Elliot, Kilkenny and pearson in the middle with clear instructions to keep the ball, with Adomah/JCR, Pitman and Bolaise as to forward 3 to provide 3 constant outlets for the midfield, and allow us to retain posession and the wide players will create space for the likes of Pitman and Pearson to exploit in the middle.

I see your point, but i don't see how a team set up to counter attack is going to help against a side that will be coming for a point and sitting back. If we are going to beat Donny i feel we will have to score at least 2 goals, as i can't see our defence keeping Coppinger, Douif and Sharp from scoring.

The only way i can see us not conceeding is if we dominate possession, and to do that we need some balance in the team which neither pearson or woolford provide, as currently we can keep the point in the middle but the have no outlet bar adomah, which means we end up midlessly humping the ball forward as there is nothing on.

Play Cisse/Elliot, Kilkenny and pearson in the middle with clear instructions to keep the ball, with Adomah/JCR, Pitman and Bolaise as to forward 3 to provide 3 constant outlets for the midfield, and allow us to retain posession and the wide players will create space for the likes of Pitman and Pearson to exploit in the middle.

Adomah / Pitman / Bolaise as a front three. Now that would give the defenders something to think about. I am sure it would bring goals too.

If Albert is missing then Bolasie is an option but not an automatic replacement imo. I don't think he'd be 'out of his depth' in the Championship, he played a few games there when at Argyle. Like I said his weakness is his hopeless defending and that won't sit well with McInnes. Its a different scenario when your're chasing a game.

True, but I guess I just look at our available players for Saturday (if you take it that Adomah and Elliott are out) we have limited options for attack-minded wingers.

Bolasie and JCR (who seems very much out of favour) can play there, as has Skuse recently and Foster did last weekend for a bit.

With Skuse possibly needed in the midfield, other than Bolasie starting or maybe Wilson lined up at right back with Foster in front I don't really see what other option we have.

On the left Pearson is capable, but not a flying winger, but with Walford seemingly out of form I, again, don't wee what options we have.

If you take that Albert and Marvin are out and no one new is coming in over the next day or two I see one of the two following back-four and midfield-five combos;

Foster - Carey - Nyatanga - MGivern

Bolasie - Skuse - Kilkenny - Cisse - Pearson

OR

WIlson - Carey - Nyatanga -McGivern

Foster - Skuse - Kilkenny - Cisse - Pearson

This would clearly change if Albert and/or Marvin was fit.

And for the record I think 4-4-2 with the players we have is suicide. Would loved to be proved wrong but don't see it.

Play Bolasie. Its a no brainer really

Fans of lower league clubs say he was the better out of the Adomah/Bolasie partnership. Why dont we play him more?

Not what I've heard. A friend of mine who supports Exeter City and who has seen Bolassie play for Plymouth Argyle finds it inexplicable that we signed him, and says that he has the worst ball control of any player he has ever seen.

Not what I've heard. A friend of mine who supports Exeter City and who has seen Bolassie play for Plymouth Argyle finds it inexplicable that we signed him, and says that he has the worst ball control of any player he has ever seen.

his footwork is amazing . He could end up being the most entertaining city player since the legendary BAZ SAVAGE!

Lets give the lad a proper crack at first team football. He deservesevery bit the cahance that woolford has had.(not that im writing woolford off...Just think his confidence is shot at mo.)

YANNICK MUST START.

Sat for me;

James

Foster

Nyatanga

Carey

McGivern

Elliott (if fit)

Kilkenny

Pearson

Adomah (if fit)

Wood

Bolasie

Subs;

Pitman

Maynard

Gerken

Doubt it will happen but I think that line up (including injury forced swaps) would give us flexibility and strength.

This man has it. I was going to post, but this is exactly what I would say. Maybe switch to a 433 subbing off Bolasie for Maynard in the second half if we need more fire power.

I would keep Bolasie as a sub. I think JCR would offer a bit more nowse especially as Adomah looks like being unfit.

The big problem in a 4 4 2 is the distribution from the central defenders, it has to improve.

My team for Sat

James

Foster

Carey

Wilson

McGivern

JCR

Kilkenny

Cisse

Pearson

Wood

Maynard

I would keep Bolasie as a sub. I think JCR would offer a bit more nowse especially as Adomah looks like being unfit.

The big problem in a 4 4 2 is the distribution from the central defenders, it has to improve.

My team for Sat

James

Foster

Carey

Wilson

McGivern

JCR

Kilkenny

Cisse

Pearson

Wood

Maynard

McInnes won't start without Nyatanga who has started every game that he's been available for. He'll probably go the same back four as at Brighton although he may swap Skuse and Foster around to provide more down the right particularly if Albert is injured.

As for the middle, much depends on Elliots fitness. If he's fit then he and Kilkenny will play in the middle with Pearson left. If Elliot is out and Skuse is at right back then Cisse will come in.

Up front Wood and Maynard although personally I'd like to see Maynard on the bench and a start for Pitman.

One thing for sure, with various injury doubts, it'll be interesting to see the starting 11.

As for midfield

But no-one says this about Adomah and people rave about him! Whoever is playing right-back has to accept that they aren't getting any support from whoever's in front of them. Caveat: This might not be true if Foster is played right midfield?!?

Bolaise should of started against brighton we were toothless on the attacking front until he came on. He had 2/3 Brighton players on him straight away got a few crosses in yes they were deep but still better than the rest of the game,also got the ball out for pitman to cross for maynard.

Now we have Pearson back maybe not start him but if we play 4-5-1 would be a waste not to have bolaise on the right then foster behind rather than a slow Mcgivern.I don't see much point in playing 4-4-2 if we can't even create chances which if we do will only come from pearson possibly foster.

If elliot is out surely we'll play 4-5-1 as we Cisse doesn't work in a central two not that I think Kilkenny works much better in a central two either though.

Bolasie to start? Not in my team. Sure he's a potential match winner going forward but be just can't defend at all and we've seen already that McInnes likes to have a solid bank of 10 behind the ball when not in possession and 11 back when defending a

corner.

As we saw at Brighton, Bolasie can make

quite an impact coming on late when

defenders are tiring. I'd keep him on the

bench.

Have to agree with all that

Sat for me;

James

Foster

Nyatanga

Carey

McGivern

Elliott (if fit)

Kilkenny

Pearson

Adomah (if fit)

Wood

Bolasie

Subs;

Pitman

Maynard

Gerken

I quite like that 11, I would probably change either Kilkenny or Pearson for Cisse though. The front 3 of Adomah, Bolasie and Wood would definatley cause a defence problems.

I like the idea of Pearson in the middle and if you had Albert and Bolasie on the wings we would defInitely carry a threat out wide. The problem is that you would be faced with either restricting Albert and Yannick in their attacking freedom or leaving fullbacks terribly exposed. Definitely think Pearson could provide creativity in the middle but more strength and bite than Killa (as long as he doesn't tackle like he did at Crawley...)

Spot on there mate. I would like to see both Albert and Bolasie out wide, but we can't start both of them in a flat 4-4-2. If we did this we would be far too exposed, and for them to be effective going forward we would have to play two holding midfielders sitting in front of the back 4 and not attacking. I am not sure this would be effective.

For me as much as I want to see Bolasie start, it can only be in a 4-3-3.

Archived