IGNORED

Macca

bcfc_Jamie

Macca has his haters but he's been a great servant for City. All these people hating McGivern I think he's done okay.. he's only 22.

+1

Jamie Mac might no longer be what we need but he's played around 200 games for us during our most successful period in recent times.

And McGiven could become a more than decent player. Like you said; just turned 22, only starting his career, already a full international and puts a shift in.

Concerned, our only owned natural Left back on loan for a month, with the possibility of McGivern (who is never a left back) being sold this window, leaves us with no left backs, again

Briggs loan or other to come off

I wish we were after Skarz of Bury, but no one listens

Del wouldn't of let him go if he wasnt bringing in another left back. What sort of left back is Skarz?

Pacey 6ft left back, known for getting forward, which would tie in with Fosters signing on the right

Division 2 Team of the year last year, 22 years old ever present for Bury, split Huddersfield opinion when he left

Cons

Confidence player, will drop if the rest of the team does

Still Young

No experience at this level, but over 130 appearences lower down already for Huddersfield, Shrewsbury, Bury

Thought would be exactly the type of player we would have been after?

Sounds decent, there is a fair few good players in League 1 and 2 who we should be looking at. We missed an absolute trick with Aaron Cresswell who went to Ipswich and has been ever present for them.

Pacey 6ft left back, known for getting forward, which would tie in with Fosters signing on the right

Division 2 Team of the year last year, 22 years old ever present for Bury, split Huddersfield opinion when he left

Cons

Confidence player, will drop if the rest of the team does

Still Young

No experience at this level, but over 130 appearences lower down already for Huddersfield, Shrewsbury, Bury

Thought would be exactly the type of player we would have been after?

Can't say I have seen enough of him to comment but this should be the type of player we are targeting. Young and hungry and can improve, as opposed to players like JCR, Stewart, Hunt etc! We need to sign players who want to play for BCFC and are hungry to improve and progress. Not the journeymen type players we have signed as mentioned, that are happy to get the wage packet regardless of performances of playing time and don't care about the club!

Sounds decent, there is a fair few good players in League 1 and 2 who we should be looking at. We missed an absolute trick with Aaron Cresswell who went to Ipswich and has been ever present for them.

Ipswich have the worst defensive record in the league; having been ever present in their defence is not a compliment.

Only a month, all about match fitness. Still has a part to play this season.

I doubt it. He'll only play again for City if McGivern gets injured and even then Foster can play left back.

McAllister will be well suited to Div 1. They're used to hoof ball at that level.

Well if McGivern, whos done ok overall, does get injured then a fit McAllister can step in no problem. We've missed him at times, especially his delivery.

I can see him being back up if needed, but don't imagine he'll be here after the season ends.

And what happened to all that paper talk about the Fulham left back..?

Well if McGivern, whos done ok overall, does get injured then a fit McAllister can step in no problem. We've missed him at times, especially his delivery.

Not having his "delivery" has meant we keep the call much more and for longer periods!

I dont hate Mcallister. He has been a good servant and was terrific in his first couple of years.

I wish him well

I completely agree with this. He was part of a defence that got us promoted. Last couple of years are a couple too many though.

Good luck to him.

Don't think anyone hates McAllister.

I believe he isn't good enough for Championship football at his current age but still respect him and will continue to do so for his contribution to our succesful years under GJ. Same goes for the likes of McCombe, LJ, Orr etc. All fantastic servants to the club.

He's one of my favourite city players ever. Obviously he has huge flaws going forward but so did Matt Hill who everyone thinks the sun shines from...

Defensively he has been heroic at times over the years, always putting his body on the line for the shirt. He's hard as **** too and never scared to give a winger a kick if it'll help him win the battle on the pitch.

I'll always look back at his career here with fondness. Top top servant and one of the best value signings for many years.

He's one of my favourite city players ever. Obviously he has huge flaws going forward but so did Matt Hill who everyone thinks the sun shines from...

Defensively he has been heroic at times over the years, always putting his body on the line for the shirt. He's hard as **** too and never scared to give a winger a kick if it'll help him win the battle on the pitch.

I'll always look back at his career here with fondness. Top top servant and one of the best value signings for many years.

I agree actually. I would have had no issues with him playing a left side of midfield role. He did this a few times under GJ and was pretty good, stayed wide, good crosses and good defensive attributes.

I'm also not so sure that McGivern is any better.

Archived