IGNORED

Football Not Important

Olé

I was literally in the row behind the first incident. If the paramedics did manage to revive the person before they left the stadium, then they deserve a medal - in fact, they deserve medals full stop. They were working franctically for minutes and minutes, and I saw numerous attempts at CPR inside the stadium.

Our thoughts are with both people involved.

I must sit very close to you because it was all happening near to me as well. I don't think I saw much of the last ten minutes of the game as it was impossible to concentrate on the game with all the commotion going on.

Those paramedics deserve nothing but praise for the way in which they dealt with the situation.

A very sad day today for the gent sat in the williams stand..

It really effected me.. all i could see was the women given him cpr

I really hope he is ok

i just sat there and thought poor bloke there he is fighting for his life and i turned to the guy i am sat with and said look trouble down there some poor bloke has had some kind of heart attack or something

my hopes and prayers are with him hope he is ok

Ihope the club gives him some mention

Didn't really see the first one (thankfully) but the second one was right in front of me and to say i was shook up is an understatement. Hope both are ok and make a full recovery. Just a side note, the stewards often get a lot of stick on here but they were brilliant and paramedics were on the scene within seconds.

as a Bristol City Fan I would just like to offer my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the 2 Gentlemen Concerned along with their Families & Friends,I'm praying and hoping they both make a safe and full recovery.

I can only echo the thoughts of others to the 2 people involved and there friends and family. Also my thoughts are with the paramedics involved ,I know from personal experience this can be traumatic even for trained Professionals.

I must sit very close to you because it was all happening near to me as well. I don't think I saw much of the last ten minutes of the game as it was impossible to concentrate on the game with all the commotion going on.

Those paramedics deserve nothing but praise for the way in which they dealt with the situation.

Very close to me , and my 13 year old daughter who was rather shook up by it , the services were superb including the Club Doctor ( sorry dont know his name , but he grabbed his kit and was straight up there) who was in the seats behind the home dug-out - really didn't look good , an elderly gent i really hope he is ok xx

Today it is confirmed that the man did pass away. Very very sad

AN elderly man has died in hospital after collapsing while watching football.

Paramedics from Great Western Ambulance Service (GWAS) were already on site at Ashton Gate for the Bristol City game against Doncaster on Saturday.

A man in his 80s collapsed in the Williams Stand at about 5pm and went into cardiac arrest.

John Oliver, a spokesman for GWAS, said: "Crews were already on the scene as is standard for a game. Crews resuscitated the man and he was conscious and breathing at the grounds. He was then taken to the BRI for theatre."

It is understood he died overnight.

A second man was also attended to by crews just minutes later after he suffered a fit and was also taken to the BRI.

Adam Baker, spokesman for Bristol City Football Club, praised medics and those watching the game in the same stand.

He said: "Everyone's thoughts are with the family and friends of the supporter who passed away. It was very sad for everyone concerned. The response from medics and supporters was outstanding. The heart attack happened in one end of the stand and a lot of space had to be created but everyone adhered to messages and I can't praise them enough."

R.I.P

Very sad and my thoughts are with his family.

Having been hospitalised recently and then just finding out a friend in his 40's has died, I can't help think if somebody offered me a departure from this earth in my 80's while watching City, I would be very tempted to take it.

RIP.

Very upset to read this news. I heard the message at the end of the game regarding the medical emergency from the Ateyo but knew no more about it until reading about it on the forum.

Credit goes to the club, paramedics and fans for all their efforts. My thoughts are with the friends and family

Archived