IGNORED

Looks Like Portsmouth Are Deep In The Brown Stuff...

Cider red

Hopefully a good old 10 points deduction for Portsmouth. Hopefully nothing more. That'll do just fine

I'm sure you'd be saying that if City were to in the same position then. I'm all for things to help us staying up but to wish this on another team is just unfair on the fans on pay week on week out.

I'm sure you'd be saying that if City were to in the same position then. I'm all for things to help us staying up but to wish this on another team is just unfair on the fans on pay week on week out.

Agreed, and just to add that, in my opinion, Portsmouth fans are a very decent bunch, judging by our trip down there last season. Plus the atmosphere they generate at Fratton is second to none.

Do I have sympathy for the club, no. A few years ago they came very close to the wall. Why havnt changes been forced on them to live within their means?

You could argue that this applies to City, but then losses are underwritten by the owner.

I do feel slightly sorry for Portsmouth fans though, like said above, they pay money each week yet have to deal with yet another example of failed foreign ownership.

I feel sorry for Portsmouths fans, but really something needs to be done about the club. They've been flirting with or in administration for years and then habitually screwing over many local small businesses who are creditors; I wonder how many of them have ended up going out of business to protect the clubs solvency? I would never say I hope a particular club goes under (even the sags!) but I think someone in the top 2 leagues is going to have to go out of business before the rest will learn their lessons

Do I have sympathy for the club, no. A few years ago they came very close to the wall. Why havnt changes been forced on them to live within their means?

You could argue that this applies to City, but then losses are underwritten by the owner.

I do feel slightly sorry for Portsmouth fans though, like said above, they pay money each week yet have to deal with yet another example of failed foreign ownership.

This is the point I think. They wrote off virtually all their massive debts, including millions in tax, then carried on as before, paying Premier League wages to the likes of Kitson. To that extent they deserve what they get as a club. Wonder which crook will buy them next?

When we went under in '82, we suffered from it, had to play basically a youth team and were relegated as a consequence.

Haven't seen Pompey or Palarse suffer the same as we did.

If clubs are run badly and they have no backer to bail them out (like us), then they should be relegated or be forced to sell players to balance the books....if they have to play 16yos, then so be it............................everyone knows they have to pay taxes.

And I didn't see Pompey fans complaining when they were paying James & Campbell et al 40k per week, when a club like that could obviously not afford it.

BCAGFC

It would move us one place and one point further above the drop zone... I'd rather see us survive on our own merit if I'm honest!

Yeh - right!

The world isn't perfect though is it Tomarse?

We can all use a helping had to overcome adversity - just like a cat with Parkinsons. Does the cat accept the help of the PDSA, or tough it out on its own.

Either way - we SHOULD NOT TAKE THE P**S, be it vulnerable animals, or Portsmouth.

disapointed2se.gif

It would move us one place and one point further above the drop zone... I'd rather see us survive on our own merit if I'm honest!

Not for me, **** em I didn't see many Pompey fans question whether within virtually 48 hours of coming out of administration whether they could afford the combined 25k per week wages for Kitson and Lawrence, especially given the fact that one particular long standing Portsmouth family based business went under after being owed 55k by the club about 2 weeks wages for those 2 wasters. That business meant 6 people lost their jobs and a son having a guilty conscience for losing the family business his father built up, a guy who had managed to not lay a single person off during the recession by not taking much of a wage for himself, but losing that family business because of the criminal actions of the people running the club, the gung ho way the administrators allowed the club to come out of administration and the football authorities who couldn't give a **** about the real world.

i'm sorry football needs a wake up call and if thats Pompey so be it.

Not for me, **** em I didn't see many Pompey fans question whether within virtually 48 hours of coming out of administration whether they could afford the combined 25k per week wages for Kitson and Lawrence, especially given the fact that one particular long standing Portsmouth family based business went under after being owed 55k by the club about 2 weeks wages for those 2 wasters. That business meant 6 people lost their jobs and a son having a guilty conscience for losing the family business his father built up, a guy who had managed to not lay a single person off during the recession by not taking much of a wage for himself, but losing that family business because of the criminal actions of the people running the club, the gung ho way the administrators allowed the club to come out of administration and the football authorities who couldn't give a **** about the real world.

Fair point, well-made EMB:-

"**** Portsmouth".

But what about poor defenceless animals - surely they deserve better?

Yeh - right!

The world isn't perfect though is it Tomarse?

We can all use a helping had to overcome adversity - just like a cat with Parkinsons. Does the cat accept the help of the PDSA, or tough it out on its own.

Either way - we SHOULD NOT TAKE THE P**S, be it vulnerable animals, or Portsmouth.

disapointed2se.gif

Oh yeah it's absolutely perfect, especially when my best friend was raped and murdered at 22

Just what is the problem with you chasing me

around the board?

This

Oh yeah it's absolutely perfect, especially when my best friend was raped and murdered at 22

Just what is the problem with you chasing me

around the board?

You think I am bad, do you?

Have you ever met some of those animal protection nutters?? ph34r.gif

I've done you a big favour Tomarse - and you can't even bring yourself to thank me.

Next time you are on your own, tough guy.

disapointed2se.gif

Spot on, they should have learned their lesson first time.

The Pompey fans who sang "you've never won **** all" at us last season at A.G. seemed to be oblivious to the fact that they "won" the F.A. Cup by treating local businesses with total contempt.

You think I am bad, do you?

Have you ever met some of those animal protection nutters?? ph34r.gif

I've done you a big favour Tomarse - and you can't even bring yourself to thank me.

Next time you are on your own, tough guy.

disapointed2se.gif

One day you'll be on your own and not behind a computer, to$$er.

I feel sorry for Portsmouths fans, but really something needs to be done about the club. They've been flirting with or in administration for years and then habitually screwing over many local small businesses who are creditors; I wonder how many of them have ended up going out of business to protect the clubs solvency? I would never say I hope a particular club goes under (even the sags!) but I think someone in the top 2 leagues is going to have to go out of business before the rest will learn their lessons

As a smallish business man myself, I agree completely with the thrust of your comments

Something needs to be done permanently, you cant keep reorganizing at the expense of your creditors, particularly as your creditors are going to be largely local businesses that will have affinity to the club and be prepared to take the extra steps to keep you going AND as they will be presurized and villified by the supporters of the club locally on top of there own affiliations if they dont.

Yes I feel sorry for the good hard working fans of the club and as a City fan I remember 82 like it was yesterday, however Portsmouth are in danger of becoming serial bancruptcy filers while foreigner business men fight over the picking of the bones.

Aldershot, Wimbledon Accrington among others have rebuilt and perhaps this is the best option for Pompey right now as that gut wrenching feeling will finally be gone and replaced with a sense of purpose...

I spent many years of my life in the Aldershot area and went with friends to many games to places such as Basingstoke and Wokingham among others with 1500 to 2000 supporters...Do these people regret being thrown out of the league...Yes of course they do, but they wouldn't trade what went afterwards for a minute.

The supporters of this club regained their club and their self respect and stuck together to rise Pheonix like from the ashes (see club badge) and eventually regained their league status with a stronger community based football club........

Good luck Pompey, but sometimes you need to go backwards to go forward!!!

1327238626' post=1498288']

They weren't complaining when there club was spending all this borrowed money - the same as every club the fans are the long term guardians and I would be saying the same thing if it was city in fact I would want even harsher treatment for an entity that used to be for the local community and now only serves to enrich sportsman and destroy local businesses.

Archived