IGNORED

In Mcinnes We Trust...

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Why is it that people who don't agree with a comment, simply impose an exagerated expectation on the poster, in the hope that it will make the poster's comments irrelevant?

#

Because you've been negative about every single manager on here since you first started posting. To the point where there is no point trying to explain how we had 6 points after 12 games and how many we have now.. I mean it's not rocket science that McInnes has come in and turned this club around from near certain relegation to looking like starving it off. There is no more required this season, even if it's by one point at the end of the season. We have a inbalanced squad, low on morale when he arrived. We've won 3 out of last 5 by the way, that's 9 points from a possible 15... that's hardly falling back into pre McInnes arvial is it?

If he can turn this bunch of players around quickly and effeectively, imagine what he can do with his own players next year.

Lets think in basics for a minute. When Del took over, every single city would have accepted staying up as our goal for the season. We are on the way to doing that. The summer will see a big clear out and Del bringing in his own players so then it would be fair to judge tactics, formations and things like that. Now he just has to work with what he has and stay in the championship. So far so good Del boy!

did i read a kncok against our current board the same board who backed mcinnes to sign 3 players before we shipped any out,

The same board who have said he is free to make signings in the loan market once its re-opened?

Jesus why don't you just change your name to simply blue or simply troll and be done with it

At the end of the day he has performed miracles to have got us to where we are now. It's all very well saying he could have done a lot more in the transfer market, but we don't have a bottomless pit of funds. Don't speak to soon either as we don't know what he has up his sleeve for the loan window.

If you have limited funds, and we are in the league position we are in it's very hard to sell the club and vision to players who are a lot better than what we have. Baring in mind it is january and clubs and players alike will do all they can to get the best deal possible. This usually means clubs paying over the odds.

In a way I am glad he hasn't gone crazy in the transfer market, because if we can't actually buy players better than what we have their is no point. Regardless of whether we stay up or not we do not want to be in the situation we are today in having a large squad of which well over half are on a good wage and not anywhere near good enough for this level. I am sure if he could have bought players better than we have he would have.

At the end of the day he has performed miracles to have got us to where we are now. It's all very well saying he could have done a lot more in the transfer market, but we don't have a bottomless pit of funds. Don't speak to soon either as we don't know what he has up his sleeve for the loan window.

If you have limited funds, and we are in the league position we are in it's very hard to sell the club and vision to players who are a lot better than what we have. Baring in mind it is january and clubs and players alike will do all they can to get the best deal possible. This usually means clubs paying over the odds.

In a way I am glad he hasn't gone crazy in the transfer market, because if we can't actually buy players better than what we have their is no point. Regardless of whether we stay up or not we do not want to be in the situation we are today in having a large squad of which well over half are on a good wage and not anywhere near good enough for this level. I am sure if he could have bought players better than we have he would have.

You need to take the whole transfer deadline day into account there was very little movement across the board and I think £60 million was spent compaired with £227 million last season,

We currently have a settled squad who are doing ok picking points and keeping us in the league, you don't upset that by bringing in 6 new players on deadline day as it unseatles the team and they need time to jel

McInnes- miles better than Millen! That said, the one game I saw live under him looked poor (Millwall home)- but we won, probably wouldn't have done so under Millen. However overall far better no doubt.

Frankly, the squad is full of deadwood- some of it has been removed but there is much work to do. FFS including those out on loan we have 35 players, 10 or 11 too many I think. Unbalanced, pretty mediocre squad- if he can keep us up he'll have done well!

I'll never understand this notion of a "honeymoon period" because when a manager has one they don't get any of the credit for it, but if it doesn't happen? like with Cotterill?

McInnes not only has us playing a lot more cohesive football but also oozes knowledge and confidence. He's proven already that he deserves the backing of every single fan and whilst I would never say that we should happily clap our way through the season I do think a lot of the problems commented on in this thread are not really attributable to Derek at all.

I won't be raising my expectations much next season from what I expected this season... A midtable season with the possibility for a push towards play offs. I hope many are willing to give him the time he will obviously need to sort the utter shambles the playing side of this club has become.

Long live King Derek

OK, so we didn't push the boat out on deadline day.........but I just wonder if Del is even more cute than we thought? He may already have a few on the radar for buying when the out of contract lads depart at the end of the season. Could it be that if he'd bowed to fan pressure and opinion yesterday and bought two or three available players, this might have unbalanced his vision for the closed season rebuild? In my humble opinion, a sprinkling of loanees in the next couple of weeks, to be on the payroll only until May, at a percentage of their current wages could just prove a masterstroke in bringing some Prem / Championship experience in to play alongside the spine (if there is one) of Del's 2012/13 team.

There's a chance that Del & Doc have been poring over yesterday's moves in the office today to see who went where, who they're likely to displace and who of those displaced players could put a shift in for us to help us survive. There could be some surprising names in the frame (no source, no claims, just hoping!)

After yesterday's dealings, there are teams out there that have a surplus of blokes for certain positions. Wham are going to struggle to give game time to thier combined strike force, and I'm reliably informed today in work that Lesta have half a dozen good quality centre backs now (can't be ar*ed to check that 'fact' though....it's Lesta).

Maybe, just maybe, Del will now cherry pick some experienced talent who fancy a bit of a battle for the rest of the season. Yes, I know that if these players have been displaced by incoming transfers from yesterday, people may think they're not good enough for their own teams, why should they be good enough for ours? It just doesn't always prove to be true.........sometimes a good pro can grasp the opportunity of a new bunch of team mates and make a difference (don't even be surprised if Nicky Hunt leaves us scratching our heads at improved performances at his next destination!!).

I trust Del to do this job to the best of his ability, with whatever backing he has available to him and with whatever 'suitable' assets are on the market. If they ain't suitable to Del's vision, I trust him with his decision to swerve them and wait........

He could have invested heavily yesterday (and I reckon Mr Lansdown would have backed him) but what if he'd signed 3 names who, by the middle of March had turned out to have Nicky Hunt syndrome? Unlikely, but we'd be saddled with three nice smart cars taking up space behind the Atyeo for a few seasons to come. Best just have some patience here I think.

Of course, I may be wrong and it turns out that Del knows as much about football management as I do, which is BATS (B*gger All Times Six) but that is a tad unlikely!

Believe, comrades

I'm surprised to hear SimplyRed doesn't think Mcinnes has done a good job since his arrival.

Somehow he has managed to lift team morale off the floor, get us playing as a much more cohesive unit, lift us out the relegation zone and get us playing a better standard of football than we have been for almost 3 years.

I think the one thing that shows what a difference Del & Doc have made are the comments from the players about the difference in training etc.

"I thoroughly enjoyed working with the new manager (Derek McInnes) and the Doc (assistant Tony Docherty) and it's a shame we only had a few months together.

"Everything about their training sessions and the way they work excited me. Who knows what would have happened had they been there way back, it may have been different.

"I fully expect the club, under this management team, to continue to move up the table and they'll be fine come the end of this season.

Nicky Maynard- 2012

"I'm looking forward to working with the gaffer and Doc (assistant Tony Docherty) to implement their plans for the club.

"Everything I've seen and heard so far has impressed me and they match my ambitions and everything I aspire to achieve.

Liam Fontaine 2012

'He's been very positive, aimed at getting results. It's not just a focus on being happy after claiming three points — he wants to tighten things up and improve overall.

''He's changed personnel, and that's not to criticise those who have missed out.

''The teams he has picked so far have been different too. He speaks clearly and is precise about what he wants us to do."

David James 2011

There are also loads of quotes from St Johnstone players that are in a similar vein too.

I think this shows that the players enjoy his methods and this should relate to better performances on the pitch.

I'm surprised to hear SimplyRed doesn't think Mcinnes has done a good job since his arrival.

Somehow he has managed to lift team morale off the floor, get us playing as a much more cohesive unit, lift us out the relegation zone and get us playing a better standard of football than we have been for almost 3 years.

I think the one thing that shows what a difference Del & Doc have made are the comments from the players about the difference in training etc.

There are also loads of quotes from St Johnstone players that are in a similar vein too.

I think this shows that the players enjoy his methods and this should relate to better performances on the pitch.

Simply Red is very capable of defending his opinion but he's not actually saying that McInnes has done a crap job. He's pointing out that many of the problems that blighted Millen still remain, namely inconsistency, dodgy defending and poor strike rate. Undeniable facts as we all know.

He's also asking why McInnes didn't bring in more players during the window, especially as we know about the lack of depth and quality within the squad.

I can't see why he's getting so much stick.

We conceded 3 or more 3 times in the first 10 games of the season, we haven't since. We've conceded 10 goals in our last 10 league games. We've still struggled to stick the ball in the net, but our strike rate has improved under McInnes. We're 13th in the form table and if we picked up points for the whole season as we have since Del took over, we'd be level with Leeds and Burnley and 3 points off the play-offs. Obviously there's more to it than that, but there's only so much you can argue with facts and common sense doesn't seem to be enough to get through.

It's amazing you draw such broad parallels between KM and DM's reign when you consider we held a lead only once during Millen's 11 game tenure this season.

Simply Red is very capable of defending his opinion but he's not actually saying that McInnes has done a crap job. He's pointing out that many of the problems that blighted Millen still remain, namely inconsistency, dodgy defending and poor strike rate. Undeniable facts as we all know.

He's also asking why McInnes didn't bring in more players during the window, especially as we know about the lack of depth and quality within the squad.

I can't see why he's getting so much stick.

So you admit Millen was a crock of shite who caused all these problems.. Hurrah

Why didn't McInnes bring in more players? I'm guessing that making an eight figure loss with a squad of what 35? was a bit of a factor in bringing players in. All we have to do this season is stay up, you won't see McInnes doing real rebuilding until the summer. Why this has to be explained to some people I'm unsure.

The results since McInnes took over are vastly better and this talk of "new manager syndrome" is nonsense. He made key changes to selections and shape and got the team playing a far more effective style of football because of it and that led to results. It was perfectly observable if you watched the team play. It was nothing to do with players putting more effort in, it was that they were better prepared and organized in a shape that allowed us to be more solid, and because of that and that they were playing for a natural leader who has some charisma they felt far more confident. The turnaround in fortunes has been achieved with one permanent signing and two loan signings at little cost, and that should be considered a positive not a negative.

We aren't consistent yet, but to anybody reasonable it's quite obviously a work in progress. If the form of the hallowed first seven games had continued we'd be on the edge of the playoffs by now and would have made auto by the end of the season so to point at it not continuing as some sort of negative is just indicative of how thoroughly stupid a set of expectations some people have. I mean, what on earth was someone not happy with how McInnes has started expecting from a new manager? Transforming the entire team into Messi clones and winning every remaining game?

Fans that have completely unrealistic expectations like that are absolutely the bane of this club, there are only a handful of them and they pollute every bit of positivity.

Why didn't McInnes bring in more players? I'm guessing that making an eight figure loss with a squad of what 35? was a bit of a factor in bringing players in. All we have to do this season is stay up, you won't see McInnes doing real rebuilding until the summer. Why this has to be explained to some people I'm unsure.

The results since McInnes took over are vastly better and this talk of "new manager syndrome" is nonsense. He made key changes to selections and shape and got the team playing a far more effective style of football because of it and that led to results. It was perfectly observable if you watched the team play. It was nothing to do with players putting more effort in, it was that they were better prepared and organized in a shape that allowed us to be more solid, and because of that and that they were playing for a natural leader who has some charisma they felt far more confident. The turnaround in fortunes has been achieved with one permanent signing and two loan signings at little cost, and that should be considered a positive not a negative.

We aren't consistent yet, but to anybody reasonable it's quite obviously a work in progress. If the form of the hallowed first seven games had continued we'd be on the edge of the playoffs by now and would have made auto by the end of the season so to point at it not continuing as some sort of negative is just indicative of how thoroughly stupid a set of expectations some people have. I mean, what on earth was someone not happy with how McInnes has started expecting from a new manager? Transforming the entire team into Messi clones and winning every remaining game?

Fans that have completely unrealistic expectations like that are absolutely the bane of this club, there are only a handful of them and they pollute every bit of positivity.

Excellent post! Especially the bit on new players, financial, deadwood etc.

So you admit Millen was a crock of shite who caused all these problems.. Hurrah

I don't know how you reach that conclusion Tom. Do you deny that many of the problems that blighted Millen still remain, namely inconsistency, dodgy defending and poor strike rate? :dunno:

I'm not criticising McInnes at all, I think he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances. That said he still has much to do and maybe, just maybe he could have done more business during the window. We'll know when the loan market re-opens in a weeks time.

I can't understand why some people on here think McInnes hasn't improved the squad....

Foster is better than Nicky Hunt (if anyone disagrees then Iwould be interested to hear their argument!)

Pearson is better than Lee Johnson (Lee is older and not the player he was some seasons ago)

So the only question is.....

Is Wood better than Maynard. With 10 goals this season at this level compared to Nicky's 8 there is good reason to believe he might be....plus we already have a forward in Bret Pitman that is the nippy goal-poaching style so Wood offers us a different style so that he may have success against sides that Nicky or Brett might struggle against.

I'll put my neck on the line and say that Wood will score more for us before the end of the season than Maynard does for West Ham (even with the great service he might get from their players).

Derek is doing a great job...we still need to improve to get ourselves out of the bottom half of the table but we are considerably better than we were and progress is being made. Ifg he keeps us up then that is job done for this season and then I'd like to see him build a team that will challenge in the top half of the table next season.

I don't know how you reach that conclusion Tom. Do you deny that many of the problems that blighted Millen still remain, namely inconsistency, dodgy defending and poor strike rate? :dunno:

I'm not criticising McInnes at all, I think he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances. That said he still has much to do and maybe, just maybe he could have done more business during the window. We'll know when the loan market re-opens in a weeks time.

We have a new manager, not a new squad. The players are still same and are very average but they are organised now and know their jobs.

Tomarse is very capable of defending his opinion but I'm glad McInnes didn't add to the squad with players like Taylor, Bolaise or Woolford.

We need players to improve us, and in our position, these players are unlikely to come dispite the attraction to play for McInnes.

Tomarse is very capable of defending his opinion but I'm glad McInnes didn't add to the squad with players like Taylor, Bolaise or Woolford.

We need players to improve us, and in our position, these players are unlikely to come dispite the attraction to play for McInnes.

You don't think that Bolasie has improved the squad? Taylor's been out ages and not really had the chance to show what he can do. As for Woolford, well his absence from the squad recently says much about what McInnes thinks of him.

You don't think that Bolasie has improved the squad? Taylor's been out ages and not really had the chance to show what he can do. As for Woolford, well his absence from the squad recently says much about what McInnes thinks of him.

If Bolasie is the standard of player you would've liked to have seen added in the window, then you must be a poor judge..............

I could've added Killkenny to my gang of three.

Face it, Millen added to an already poor squad with more of the same, yet you call on McInnes to repeat Millens faliures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/7113543.stm

Did a bit of reminiscing...went onto our site (St Johnstone) and it has an article on DM when he first joined. In the first division, 12 points behind Hamilton. He was 36 then...and in 4 years has taken is into a solid position in the SPL on a sensible budget. (Lokk at the sh*t Rangers are in now) He's only been with you for roughly 4 months...this stuff takes time....! Have faith!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15323776

Did a bit of reminiscing...went onto our site (St Johnstone) and it has an article on DM when he first joined. In the first division, 12 points behind Hamilton. He was 36 then...and in 4 years has taken is into a solid position in the SPL on a sensible budget. (Lokk at the sh*t Rangers are in now) He's only been with you for roughly 4 months...this stuff takes time....! Have faith!

Exactly, a very talented manager in my opinion. Also seems an honest bloke.

If Bolasie is the standard of player you would've liked to have seen added in the window, then you must be a poor judge..............

I could've added Killkenny to my gang of three.

Face it, Millen added to an already poor squad with more of the same, yet you call on McInnes to repeat Millens faliures.

Your're the same as Tomarse. Reading things in my posts that I haven't actually said.

Imo, City need better quality in the midfield. Kilkenny ain't the answer but its likely that no-one rated highly enough by McInnes was available during the window.

Well under Millen we had conceded 23 in 12 games. Under McInnes it's 15 conceded in 16 (league games). Not too dodgy at all and a massive improvement. The strike rate has improved slightly from 9 in 12 under Millen to 16 in 16 since McInnes took over. As has been said we're much better organised but probably have a lot of low scoring games to look forward to as, hopefully, we slowly drag ourselves clear.

Your're the same as Tomarse. Reading things in my posts that I haven't actually said.

Imo, City need better quality in the midfield. Kilkenny ain't the answer but its likely that no-one rated highly enough by McInnes was available during the window.

That said he still has much to do and maybe, just maybe he could have done more business during the window.

That said, why call on him to do more business.

As I said earlier, in our position, who could he/we attract.

Why not give us, say, three names that you know would both improve and join us while we are this precarious position.

Has anyone considered that McInnes tried to add to the squad and the deals didn't come off? There were reports of a late bid for Templeton after all. While the club have said they'll back Del in the transfer market, they're not going to agree to pay silly money. The right players may not have been available at the right price. I'm sure we'll see a loan signing or two in the coming weeks, but I'm confident that Del can keep us up with the tools he currency has

I dont think any other manager who we could of seriously attracted could do a better job than Del has currentley done. We've improved all our aspects of the game, we are better at possession, we get more shots on goal, we concede less and we score a few more. Not to mention we've beaten Southampton home and away and drew at West Ham.

Obviously there are things we need to work on but in the summer when alot of the fringe players/deadwood move on and and Del has a reasonable budget to bring his own players in I think we will be in for a good season. Players such as Fontaine, Foster, Cisse, Elliot, Adomah, Pearson and Bolasie look as though they could be very valuable to us next season if they are still here which I think they all will be except possibly Cisse and Adomah. Del is improving us gradually but we are definatley improving.

That said, why call on him to do more business.

As I said earlier, in our position, who could he/we attract.

Why not give us, say, three names that you know would both improve and join us while we are this precarious position.

I'm not up to speed with which players are available, particularly those from north of the border which is where McInnes is most likely to be looking.

Has anyone considered that McInnes tried to add to the squad and the deals didn't come off? There were reports of a late bid for Templeton after all. While the club have said they'll back Del in the transfer market, they're not going to agree to pay silly money. The right players may not have been available at the right price. I'm sure we'll see a loan signing or two in the coming weeks, but I'm confident that Del can keep us up with the tools he currently has

I agree 100%. I said in an earlier post that McInnes has enough imo (just) to keep City out of Div 1.

Archived