IGNORED

Dirty Harry

fishy

Just been chatting to a mate about Harry Rednap and whether or not he's guilty. Personally I think he's up to his neck in it, which is a shame as this may influence his potential to become a future England manager. (I reckon he'd do a pretty good job IMO). So, 2 questions, if you were on the jury and knew that if found guilty he wouldn't get the nod from the FA. Would you let it influence your verdict and 2. Just for a laugh if found guilt what sentence would you propose if you were judge. Mine would be a 5 year stretch suspended providing he took the England job and won the next world cup. Otherwise it's off to sing sing for some soap pick-up practice.

He'll come out smelling of roses and the FA will e desperate come next summer. Silvio Berlusconi ran a whole friggin country despite convictions for soliciting prostitutes and financial irregularities, so I cam take Harry running our national football team

For what it's worth, I'm now not sure he's done anything wrong. If he's as clever as the prosecution are making out, he would never have got caught and by getting caught it indicates he's as stupid as he says he is.

Compared to some of El Tel's indiscretions, 'Arry is and remains, irrespective of the outcome of this trial, a lightweight in the managerial villainy dept. A shame really as Venables became unemployable as a coach even though Sir Booby Robson aside, he was our most successful export to the continent, and like Sir Bobby had England playing some decent football!!

'66 aside, the 4-1 thrashing of a decent Dutch side in 1996, was my all time fave England performance.

Can't see the FA having a deluge of suitable domestic candidates to replacing Fabio, so 'Arry still looks odds on.

Compared to some of El Tel's indiscretions, 'Arry is and remains, irrespective of the outcome of this trial, a lightweight in the managerial villainy dept. A shame really as Venables became unemployable as a coach even though Sir Booby Robson aside, he was our most successful export to the continent, and like Sir Bobby had England playing some decent football!!

'66 aside, the 4-1 thrashing of a decent Dutch side in 1996, was my all time fave England performance.

Can't see the FA having a deluge of suitable domestic candidates to replacing Fabio, so 'Arry still looks odds on.

The other problem with Tel though (and several other England managers of the past) was that they allowed the squad to do as they wished away from the training ground; you could get away with that at a home tournament back in te mid 90s but today? At least 'Arry seems to manage a disciplined bunch at Spurs

PS that 4-1 win over Holland is my favourite eer England game (too young for 66 and all that), the best I've seen England play- including 5-1 in Munich (all seen on telly though I might add)

PS that 4-1 win over Holland is my favourite eer England game (too young for 66 and all that), the best I've seen England play- including 5-1 in Munich (all seen on telly though I might add)

for a bonus point (without looking it up) - who scored Holland's goal in that game?

Patrick Kluivert. Nutmegged Seaman.

I think he was about 12 years old at the time.

correct...

when i was quizmaster at my uni, i asked it. nobody knew it.

a load of lads could name england's starting 11 that day and that shearer and sheringham scored 2 each. but not the dutch scorer. :-)

The guy has paid over 8m in tax, can't see he would be stupid enough to risk anything over that relatively small amount of money

If he'd taken advice from our own SL he would have paid considerably less :D

Just been chatting to a mate about Harry Rednap and whether or not he's guilty. Personally I think he's up to his neck in it, which is a shame as this may influence his potential to become a future England manager. (I reckon he'd do a pretty good job IMO). So, 2 questions, if you were on the jury and knew that if found guilty he wouldn't get the nod from the FA. Would you let it influence your verdict and 2. Just for a laugh if found guilt what sentence would you propose if you were judge. Mine would be a 5 year stretch suspended providing he took the England job and won the next world cup. Otherwise it's off to sing sing for some soap pick-up practice.

England supporters like you make me laugh :D :D :D we have not got the players to do such a thing. Well not in our life time anyway.

He'll come out smelling of roses and the FA will e desperate come next summer. Silvio Berlusconi ran a whole friggin country despite convictions for soliciting prostitutes and financial irregularities, so I cam take Harry running our national football team

For what it's worth, I'm now not sure he's done anything wrong. If he's as clever as the prosecution are making out, he would never have got caught and by getting caught it indicates he's as stupid as he says he is.

A certain ex British PM took us into an illegal war and along with his chancellor helped to almost bankrupt the country. While the country has been going bust, he has been raking it in.

I read today that he paid only £315000 in tax on his company's £12m turnover. Apart from specified rent, staff costs and a few other bits and pieces, his accounts showed £8m of unspecified business expenses that helped to reduce the taxable income dramtically. He also appears to have been acting as a consultant for the company for whom he was also chief executive - nothing iffy on the tax front their then!

This man is obviously much cleverer than Burlusconi, as he has never been caught for anything as far as I can tell. He even managed to get out of the PM job while the going was good and before the carp hit the fan, giving Gordon Brown the policitcal equivalent of a hospital pass.

correct... when i was quizmaster at my uni, i asked it. nobody knew it. a load of lads could name england's starting 11 that day and that shearer and sheringham scored 2 each. but not the dutch scorer. :-)

Remember that match like it was last year.. i was in the basement bar at the Nacional Hotel in Havana where they used to have the largest television screen in cuba... about 75" and in a tiny bar. Used to walk out with square eyes and a whoppin' headache although not sure if it was the cigars and rum or that screen, probably both. Anyway, the place was packed with orange shirts and just 3 english fans and even one of those was a scot.. fair play he supported our lads. The Dutch were great though and plyed us with drinks all day. Gracious losers thats for sure. The Cubans behind the bar all supported England only because i insisted and it helped redress the balance a tad!! Happy days.

which in itself is really really sad. Why on earth the press continually perform "hatchet jobs" on our own is beyond me...

MONEY.

That and of course is that Fleet Street confuse "Free press" with "We'll say what we want and dam the consequenses"

I'm hoping the Levenson? inquirey MIGHT make it more akward for papers to intrude in the personal life of others, but I wont hold my breath!

MONEY.

That and of course is that Fleet Street confuse "Free press" with "We'll say what we want and dam the consequenses"

I'm hoping the Levenson? inquirey MIGHT make it more akward for papers to intrude in the personal life of others, but I wont hold my breath!

That's the problem - scandal sells newspapers and unfortunately the scum who run the tabs only have one thing in their eyes - ££££. They couldn't give a damn about England being successful - the more they can run people down and 'out' people for things, the more the British public lap it up and the more cash they make to line their fat pockets.

Archived