IGNORED

A Quick Thanks To Stevie Coppell

the frampton balti

Coppell is a good manager and a good man at heart. Some of the stick he gets on here, i feel is unfair, but i can understand why fans feel this way towards him. However he did bring in 2 of the best 'Footballers' i have seen down Ashton Gate, Adomah and Cisse. I can't help but feel if he was here for longer, we would have ended up with more players like them.

I can't help but feel if he was here for longer, we would have ended up with more players like them.

He may have been a good manager in his early days but in recent years he has had a bad record He walked out on us after 2 games ok he brought in two good players (he cant get the credit for signing DJ as that was SL's idea not Coppells) so we cant say he was a good manager for BCFC can we !!

Adomah, Cisse, James, Bolaise???

Now thats not such a bad legacy is it.

Not sure about yannick ....keiths signing i think but maybe copsie put him on the raidar?

Time s a good healer

Good ole Copsie!

In terms of legacy I think that it's more pertinent to look at our league positions and performances over the last two years.

Adomah was a cracking buy, no doubt, and Cisse is finally getting to show us why he was so highly rated.

James, as I understand it, was sounded out by SL and approved by Coppell; Yannick was Millen's find.

As another above points out there is another dimension; Nicky Hunt and Damion Stewart, not managing to retain a number of players we have missed over the last few years (I'm thinking McCombe and Orr for starters) and effectively abandoning us up the creek with no paddle.

Negative out weight positives for me. Sorry, he damaged us and we'd be fools to think otherwise.

He may have been a good manager in his early days but in recent years he has had a bad record He walked out on us after 2 games ok he brought in two good players (he cant get the credit for signing DJ as that was SL's idea not Coppells) so we cant say he was a good manager for BCFC can we !!

In his last 4 seasons he took Reading to the Premier League, to a top half finish, to relegation (they dropped into the relegation zone for the first time on the last day of the season) then to the Championship play-offs. Is that really that bad?!

Not sure about yannick ....keiths signing i think but maybe copsie put him on the raidar?

Time s a good healer

Good ole Copsie!

Wouldn't surprise me if Adomah had been talking Bolasie prior to signing him. Obviously they wouldn't sign him as AA's mate, but it wouldn't surprise me if Adomah had been talking up his abilities and as a consequence the necessary groundwork was done on YB and then he was signed. Could be totally wrong.

Time s a good healer

Good ole Copsie!

Adomah - already coming, James - vanity signing by the chairman (a very good one though) Bolasie - Millens signing. As others have already said of course.

If this was the old Eastern Bloc we would see this as revisionist history!

so much bitterness...

Cant believe some people take posts so seriously

good ole coppsie ffs and good ole nicky hunt might have turned out a different player under coppell .And damien stewart put in a few decent performances recently. i'm feelin a generosity of spirit since the maynard situation is over. still good to see theres still some miserable gits around!!!

Cop-a-feel...

His legal team will be up Toms arse again (excuse the pun)...anyone would think the rumours that he had a 'relationship' with a Man City apprentice and made advances to LF were true!

Of course they aren't.

Sheer gossip,from many totally independant sources.

Shame on them, as we know Steve Coppell is a happily married family man.

What a nasty little post.

Plus we had a s--- Pre season at the start of his reign :no:

Archived