IGNORED

Shaun Custis

The Original OTIB

The length of time passed makes no difference - he did it!.....he made Racist comments to a fellow proffesional....

And if the same happened today I hope that he would be treated by FA & the justice system in the same way as others are now being treated .....

As for why bring this story up now...............obviously a lot of you think this should be brushed under the carpet and kept secret?

IMO if you think that way then you believe winning the euro's is more important than kicking racism out of football (and life in general)

Interesting no comments on here about his brother representing the BNP in the election?

Whilst support & belief in BNP policies does not automatically make one a racist , they are an Ultra far right party and do harbour outright racists with extreme views within their ranks of leadership

Just saw the incident, Sky blank out Pearces words at Ince which makes you think there is something not right said that any lip reader would pick up, afterwards PFA leader Taylor said Stuart regrets what he said in the heat of the moment, so that means he said something wrong, so does that mean Terry can be our manager in 18 years time and we will all say it was in the past if he is proved guilty?

The length of time passed makes no difference - he did it!.....he made Racist comments to a fellow proffesional....

And if the same happened today I hope that he would be treated by FA & the justice system in the same way as others are now being treated .....

As for why bring this story up now...............obviously a lot of you think this should be brushed under the carpet and kept secret?

IMO if you think that way then you believe winning the euro's is more important than kicking racism out of football (and life in general)

So should FIFA ban the one of the worst racist countries in modern times from playing in any major tournaments? The Nazis killed millions of jews in the second world war, when do you stop bringing these stories up?

talk about missing the point entirely.

The thing that will interest me on this thread is how many people who slaughtered Terry on here about what he has done apparently and that he should never play for England let alone captain them, what there views on Pearce are know. What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch imo.

Interesting no comments on here about his brother representing the BNP in the election?

Whilst support & belief in BNP policies does not automatically make one a racist , they are an Ultra far right party and do harbour outright racists with extreme views within their ranks of leadership

No I dont think it should be brushed under a carpet. I just dont think it matters, because he's taking temporary charge - he's filling a gap.

Its not like he'll get the job full time - so why dig up the dirt on him?

Just let him oversee the friendly and get on with it

If this happened last week, last month or even last year this might be a story. The whole point / intent is to undermine England and stir it up.

We are in a better world in relation to things race, gender, etc but a huge amount still needs to be done. That's the focus. Dragging up things from a different era has no particular relevance. Especially as it was known at the time and dealt with.

No I dont think it should be brushed under a carpet. I just dont think it matters, because he's taking temporary charge - he's filling a gap.

Its not like he'll get the job full time - so why dig up the dirt on him?

Just let him oversee the friendly and get on with it

Because Terry has been stripped of the captaincy for a similar reason, i rather it was not brought up English press for you, this was not brought up when he has been under 21 manager but because of the FA's decision to strip Terry of the captaincy.

Because Terry has been stripped of the captaincy for a similar reason, i rather it was not brought up English press for you, this was not brought up when he has been under 21 manager but because of the FA's decision to strip Terry of the captaincy.

But he is only filling a gap - SOMEONE has to take charge for that game and that game alone.

So, lets just say the FA find someone else to do it - the press then finds some more dirt from the past - what then?

In the grand scheme of things its only one game

I think the question has to be why they have never tried making capital out of this in the past. Pearce has been in a variety of management positions including being in charge of the U21 team. Why have the Sun or any other journaliist failed to bring this up before? The timescale is important, it may have been something said in the heat of the moment or it might have been something deeper than that. If he did have rascist views in the past (which I actually doubt being a punk fan and attending Rock Against Racism gigs in the past) why would you assume that he still holds them now?

His brothers position and views have absolutely no relevance whatsoever, he has no control over what he says or does any more than you do.

But he is only filling a gap - SOMEONE has to take charge for that game and that game alone.

So, lets just say the FA find someone else to do it - the press then finds some more dirt from the past - what then?

In the grand scheme of things its only one game

Pearce has been on the bench with Cappello at all major games with England, the press are scum for bringing this up, but the FA have asked for this to be brought up with there handling of the Terry situation.

The big difference is Pearce admitted it and issued an appology as well as appologising to Ince himself. Terry is denying it completely. No one condones racism on or off the pitch but things get said in the heat of the moment. How you deal with it after does make a difference. Pearce accepted responsibility and acknowledged he was bang out of order, perhaps if Mr. Terry had been man enough to follow that example the the tabloids would struggle for a story.

I wonder if Mr Custis ever called someone 'a black xxxx' (or something similar)?

We've all been young, we've all made mistakes, all said things that I'm sure we regret later - would Mr Custis get a front page spread if he had done so?

To be honest, it's not an incident I remember. Whether it was brushed under the carpet back then I really don't know, if it was, it shouldn't have been - that we can all agree on

But to bring it up now, pretty poor - but not unexpected from such a rag. Had a big row with the missus a while back about collecting the vouchers for their £10 holiday offer. I'd rather pay full whack then have to part with my cash to buy it

The big difference is Pearce admitted it and issued an appology as well as appologising to Ince himself. Terry is denying it completely. No one condones racism on or off the pitch but things get said in the heat of the moment. How you deal with it after does make a difference. Pearce accepted responsibility and acknowledged he was bang out of order, perhaps if Mr. Terry had been man enough to follow that example the the tabloids would struggle for a story.

So if Terry admitted to something he feels he didn't do, everybody could of got on with it.

So if Terry admitted to something he feels he didn't do, everybody could of got on with it.

I'm pretty certain JT knows if he done anything wrong mate! If he's guilty then he's a silly boy, if he's not guilty (and I can't believe I'm saying this about the fella) then I feel incredibly sorry for him

Someone new in charge of England (albeit for one game), press attack him....what a suprise. Nobody has given a shit about this for donkeys years, probably not even Paul Ince.

All aboard the negative media bandwagon.

Ince don't but the public are slagging Terry of so much this c u next Tuesday of a journalist was thinking of this story since Cappello resigned, just waiting for the Pearce confirmation of being in charge for one game. If Terry lost the captaincy for sleeping with a players wife again he would not of wrote the story, the press our lying on loads of stories that they are waiting for the right time to bring out.

Ince don't but the public are slagging Terry of so much this c u next Tuesday of a journalist was thinking of this story since Cappello resigned, just waiting for the Pearce confirmation of being in charge for one game. If Terry lost the captaincy for sleeping with a players wife again he would not of wrote the story, the press our lying on loads of stories that they are waiting for the right time to bring out.

Correct i've heard that Arry can read and write and he co wrote Dr Stephen Hawking's paper on Hawking radiation and that Ryan Giggs doesn't suffer as much from thrush as he used to.................

The opening line of that S*n story is.......

"THE England football team was plunged into a new racism storm last night after Stuart Pearce was named as caretaker manager following Fabio Capello's resignation."

Even those who feel this is a relevant story must agree that this is a strange definition of the word "new"

It seems like the Sun have decided to rake up a story about an incident 18 years ago that has been dealt with and settled in private.

This is the same newspaper that published a story before the 2010 World Cup that England shirts had been banned from pubs in South London because they offended ethnic minorities (this wasn't why they were banned at all). A story that inspired thick uneducated chavs up and down the country to write ridiculous "if they dunt like it they can all **** off back to Pakistan" status updates on there Facebook pages. God knows how much tension that caused on the street.

I wonder if they ever apologised for that bit of reckless journalism, I doubt it. That paper is catnip for cretins.

Whatever Stuart Pearce said to Paul Ince, it was obviously dumb and offensive but a least he has apologised for his actions.

It seems like the Sun have decided to rake up a story about an incident 18 years ago that has been dealt with and settled in private.

This is the same newspaper that published a story before the 2010 World Cup that England shirts had been banned from pubs in South London because they offended ethnic minorities (this wasn't why they were banned at all). A story that inspired thick uneducated chavs up and down the country to write ridiculous "if they dunt like it they can all **** off back to Pakistan" status updates on there Facebook pages. God knows how much tension that caused on the street.

I wonder if they ever apologised for that bit of reckless journalism, I doubt it. That paper is catnip for cretins.

Whatever Stuart Pearce said to Paul Ince, it was obviously dumb and offensive but a least he has apologised for his actions.

True which is more than Suarez has.

Archived