IGNORED

Shaun Custis

The Original OTIB

It seems like the Sun have decided to rake up a story about an incident 18 years ago that has been dealt with and settled in private.

This is the same newspaper that published a story before the 2010 World Cup that England shirts had been banned from pubs in South London because they offended ethnic minorities (this wasn't why they were banned at all). A story that inspired thick uneducated chavs up and down the country to write ridiculous "if they dunt like it they can all **** off back to Pakistan" status updates on there Facebook pages. God knows how much tension that caused on the street.

I wonder if they ever apologised for that bit of reckless journalism, I doubt it. That paper is catnip for cretins.

Whatever Stuart Pearce said to Paul Ince, it was obviously dumb and offensive but a least he has apologised for his actions.

IF Terry is proved not guilty, what would you say then about Terry with your comment at least he has apologised. Terry should still be captain, Cappello would still be manager and we would not be talking about this.

IF Terry is proved not guilty, what would you say then about Terry with your comment at least he has apologised. Terry should still be captain, Cappello would still be manager and we would not be talking about this.

I don't think Terry should even be in the squad there are younger defenders who on current form are better than Terry is IMO.

it's going to be an interesting case because it would appear everybody is going to say they heard nothing, I would expect that there must be more evidence than I said v he said.

I don't think Terry should even be in the squad there are younger defenders who on current form are better than Terry is IMO.

it's going to be an interesting case because it would appear everybody is going to say they heard nothing, I would expect that there must be more evidence than I said v he said.

That's fair enough Esmond and a lot of people feel Terry form last 18 months is not worthy of being England Captain let alone being in the squad but that should be the manager at the times descion, the FA are saying he can not be captain but he can still play for England until the case, explain that to me.

That's fair enough Esmond and a lot of people feel Terry form last 18 months is not worthy of being England Captain let alone being in the squad but that should be the manager at the times descion, the FA are saying he can not be captain but he can still play for England until the case, explain that to me.

I think the problem is deeper rooted than just the Terry issue. I think the FA feel that Cappello has taken them for a ride over the language issue for instance, they also have never liked the fact he is not an easy man to get hold of (apparently), I also think they felt that Terry had already lost the respect of the dressing room over the Wayne Bridge affair and it was with great reluctance that he agreed to the captaincy being taken away then and boy he was very quick to make an issue out of it and re-instate Terry when he did, I suspect that several players have made it known he doesn't command the same respect he once did and I suspect being in the game the players probably know more about what happened than the rest of us like to think we know. The strange thing is very few players have come out in support of Terry but a few have come out in support of Cappello, i'm pretty sure each side knew their respective positions would almost certainly end in the way it has.

Custis gets far too much air time, i think he regulary gets spots on sky sports news and sunday supplement and i detest his condescending views on the game.

That said unfortunately while the sun is priced at 30p and has peta todd and rhian sugdens bangers on page 3 everyday the vast majority of working/middle class people will by this tripe, and the majority of these people enjoy reading of scandal and how people in power can be shot down by this tabloid, maybe custis was ordered to run this story?? scandal sells after all....

personally i always by the independant, fantastic read and no turds like this man seeking to enhance their perceived celebrity status

It seems like the Sun have decided to rake up a story about an incident 18 years ago that has been dealt with and settled in private.

. That paper is catnip for cretins.

It's a good line that Ted, I shall borrow it :)

The odious Custis brothers (his brother also works for The Sun) are pretty much regarded as jokes by serious football writers.

Fat Geordies who even the Toon fans have disowned.

The length of time passed makes no difference - he did it!.....he made Racist comments to a fellow proffesional....

No, he allegedly made a racist comment.

On another sun note, why do the feel the need to refere to ince as 'black'. They don't refere to Pearce as White.

No, he allegedly made a racist comment.

On another sun note, why do the feel the need to refere to ince as 'black'. They don't refere to Pearce as White.

This sums up the madness of all this, why somebody calling somebody black is so wrong, if the N word was used i would want Terry out of football, i bet Terry has been called a White so and so on the pitch many a times.

And will be his defence i would imagine, maybe in the same game, who knows?

Imagine the Sun had been around just before the second world war... would they have run this story and headline?

WINNIES TERRIBLE PAST

Fury erupted today when it was announced that Winston Churchill who led our brave boys to defeat in the Dardanelles campaign in 1915 was to be made Prime Minister–

Lest we forget this battle resulted in.

• 6 battleships sunk
  • 3 battleships damaged
  • 1 battlecruiser damaged
  • 1 destroyer sunk
  • 8 submarines lost
  • 700 men KIlled

it was Winston Churchill who proposed the expedition to the War Council and he was dismissed from his post at the Admiralty and he was made Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster. Having been Home Secretary and First Lord at the Admiralty, this was seen by many, including Winston Churchill, to be a demotion and he left the post after just six months.

POLL: Can we put Fatty Churchill in charge of our boys again? Phone Whitehall 1212

Actually there were many who felt exactly this way in 1940, and the Dardanelles disaster had dogged Churchill for the previous 25 years. Don't forget he wasn't even first choice to replace Chamberlain, but virtually got the job by default.

I think the problem is deeper rooted than just the Terry issue. I think the FA feel that Cappello has taken them for a ride over the language issue for instance, they also have never liked the fact he is not an easy man to get hold of (apparently), I also think they felt that Terry had already lost the respect of the dressing room over the Wayne Bridge affair and it was with great reluctance that he agreed to the captaincy being taken away then and boy he was very quick to make an issue out of it and re-instate Terry when he did, I suspect that several players have made it known he doesn't command the same respect he once did and I suspect being in the game the players probably know more about what happened than the rest of us like to think we know. The strange thing is very few players have come out in support of Terry but a few have come out in support of Cappello, i'm pretty sure each side knew their respective positions would almost certainly end in the way it has.

This the FA who employed him to change English football, bring in discapline and too learn of everything he knew about football, he decided to drop Terry after and agreed with the FA he should of been (with the Bridge thing), then without consulting him they decide Terry should not be Captain with this ongoing court case, you are right he has not tried the hardest to learn the laungauge as he should, stay away from the FA muppets Harry they could not organise a piss up in a brewer, that's why we have won nothing for years, people with power who have no idea of the game certain Red cards not changed sums this up, explain to me how the Stoke player still gets a three game ban, but everyone in the country including every sports channel i watched says he pulled out of the challenge?

My bad - ollie holt must have done a article or something then?!

Ollie Holt slagged us off before the play-off final with Hull for the sole reason that he detests Richard Scudamore who is a City fan, he wrote a big piece in the Mirror on why he wanted them to beat us the day before the final, the man is an embarrassment for his constant ass-licking of David Beckham who once gave him an exclusive interview in Beckenham Palace, a little known fact is that he is the son of some woman who used to be a regular in coronation street, don't know who though

Ollie Holt slagged us off before the play-off final with Hull for the sole reason that he detests Richard Scudamore who is a City fan, he wrote a big piece in the Mirror on why he wanted them to beat us the day before the final, the man is an embarrassment for his constant ass-licking of David Beckham who once gave him an exclusive interview in Beckenham Palace, a little known fact is that he is the son of some woman who used to be a regular in coronation street, don't know who though

Been watching the Leverson enquiry, many leading questions asked how is your headlines doing the country a service?, because the public want to hear this, Mr Holt who is like that scum of a person Mr Morgan worked for the Mirror, the Sun is not the only paper who that does massive damage to this country when it matters, selling papers is all that these scum people think about, they will meet there maker one day and cry like a coward they are..

As i thought just been through every comment again the people who call Terry scum, he is a disgrace to England make no comment, because this was brought up, one word Hypacrits who like having a go at people in the public spotlight now not years ago shame on you and look at yourself.

This is the same John Terry who has been in trouble throughout his career, including drunkenly disrespecting Americans about 9/11, using his position as England/Chelsea captain to charge a guy 10k for a tour of the Chelsea training ground, being one of the main men in the 'respect campaign' for referees (thats ******* hilarious), parking his big car in a disabled bay (perhaps that's why he's not playing so well), not forgetting shagging a mates missus and now this, he is a real role model, i've just looked at myself and I haven't done any of those things I've listed.

Sorry 78, missed this earlier.

I didn't say anything about John Terry however if the CPS think that there is enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution then I suppose the FA have got little choice but to take the captaincy away from him (even if it's only until after the trial)

To be honest mate, Im not a legal expert but this sort of thing isn't uncommon as far as I'm aware. For example a teacher accused of abusing a child wouldnt be allowed to carry on working until their name is cleared would they? they would be suspended on full pay but they would still be innocent until proven guilty. Like I say though, I'm no expert.

This is the same John Terry who has been in trouble throughout his career, including drunkenly disrespecting Americans about 9/11, using his position as England/Chelsea captain to charge a guy 10k for a tour of the Chelsea training ground, being one of the main men in the 'respect campaign' for referees (thats ******* hilarious), parking his big car in a disabled bay (perhaps that's why he's not playing so well), not forgetting shagging a mates missus and now this, he is a real role model, i've just looked at myself and I haven't done any of those things I've listed.

Have i defended John Terry? wider picture, it's life. Drunkenly disrepecting 9/11 you never made a joke about that or any disaster in a pub or messages you get on your phone, poor example, the others fair enough but that is school girl. Putting maybe his side from it that's my thinking?

Sorry 78, missed this earlier.

I didn't say anything about John Terry however if the CPS think that there is enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution then I suppose the FA have got little choice but to take the captaincy away from him (even if it's only until after the trial)

To be honest mate, Im not a legal expert but this sort of thing isn't uncommon as far as I'm aware. For example a teacher accused of abusing a child wouldnt be allowed to carry on working until their name is cleared would they? they would be suspended on full pay but they would still be innocent until proven guilty. Like I say though, I'm no expert.

Exactly suspended from all duties. Club and Country. Or are Chelsea not part of the FA?

I guess the FA feel that they can't allow a situation where we enter an International tournament with a captain accused of racial abuse, innocent or not. It's unfair on him if he is innocent but what choice do the FA realistically have?

Sums them up then they were hoping it would be solved before the Euro's by a court, any Terry case now is going to be hard to prove without any member of a jury knowing about it unless they have been living on Mars. Can not play for England when this is going on, Chelsea the descion is up to you if you want him to play was maybe the line to follow and statement from the FA.?. Total farce the all subject.

The bird he shagged was his mate's ex missus , just for clarity.

Why do people hold up footballers as role models?? When I was growing up , my role models were my family , my Dad , Uncles etc.. I think too much is made of footballers being alleged role models. Kids may aspire to be pro footballers but I doubt most of them read the papers and even know half of the things Terry is said to have done.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending Terry here.

Why do people hold up footballers as role models?? When I was growing up , my role models were my family , my Dad , Uncles etc.. I think too much is made of footballers being alleged role models. Kids may aspire to be pro footballers but I doubt most of them read the papers and even know half of the things Terry is said to have done.

Agree there you look up to your family as role models not people you see kicking a football about.

OK, so being captain of England obviously has changed then and there obviously is no need for them to be a role model of any kind, wow.

People of my generation did looked up to family far more than the current generation but the role model England captains just role off the tongue Billy Wright, Bobby Moore, Bryan Robson, David Beckham, Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan, Johnny Haynes, Gary Lineker, Jimmy Armfield.

OK, so being captain of England obviously has changed then and there obviously is no need for them to be a role model of any kind, wow.

People of my generation did looked up to family far more than the current generation but the role model England captains just role off the tongue Billy Wright, Bobby Moore, Bryan Robson, David Beckham, Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan, Johnny Haynes, Gary Lineker, Jimmy Armfield.

Footballers play a sport they are not role models.

I was just stating my opinion , no need for the cocky retort chief.

It amazes me that so many people get bent out of shape by the actions of others. Loads of threads on here end up with people arguing with each other about stuff , that in the grand scheme of things, are pretty irrelevant to our every day lives. Maybe it's just me , but I just want to go through life worrying about my family , and those who I hold dear to me. The actions of a footballer or anyone who has no particular relevance to my life , are quite frankly , of little or no consequence.

Archived