IGNORED

David Noble

Superjack

And to bring it back to where I was going.

Why was it boring???

Because he didn't like playing people like Trundle and Noble and instead we ended up watching useless workhorses like McCombe, McAllister and his fking son.

He is not suited to managing talent like Noble.

Results game, his results with us speak for themselves. Id have a top 10 finish over champagne football and relegation every time. Preferably both of course.

Noble, Gavin Williams and Lee Trundle were all players that are/were gifted, but for whatever reasons, find it hard to fit in. All three had quick brains and were natural footballers. I'd rather watch a team consisting of these type of players, than the 'Athletes' who can run fast we have today.

Noble I can't comment on, wasn't a regular attender during his time (I've got young twins and live miles away, that's my excuse!). Williams never really floated my boat, wasn't sure he was Championship quality.

As for Trundle - skilful, vision, great technical ability, yes - but also a wild tendency to showboat unecessarily, waste possession, not release the ball in a timely manner, show off and try to be clever when what we needed was the simple things - he also had that.

I'm all in favour of technical ability, but it needs to be harnessed - someone with skill who knows how and when to use the ball. The likes of Iniesta and Xavi (to name the obvious two) are excellent at that - many of their passes are simple and short, not Beckham-esque Hollywood passes.

Trundle was also agonisingly slow, regardless of what league he played in. I was disappointed when we signed him and nothing I saw of him changed my mind that he was a luxury we could not afford.

Archived