IGNORED

David Noble

Superjack

Noble, Gavin Williams and Lee Trundle were all players that are/were gifted, but for whatever reasons, find it hard to fit in. All three had quick brains and were natural footballers. I'd rather watch a team consisting of these type of players, than the 'Athletes' who can run fast we have today.

Well Spudski you'd be watching your football in League 2. All three failed to deliver consistently at Championship level.

Yes...it's a shame, that this Country has got stuck in the dark ages, by believing pace and strength are the only way to win football matches. That's why i prefer watching more technical, slower paced games from abroad.

I also believe England will never win a World Cup again until coaches at lower levels bring on kids that are technically gifted, instead of the ones that develop physically quickest.

When was the last time you were at a BCFC game amazed at the individual skills of a player?

Noble, Williams and Trundle were the last City players i remember showing regular glimpses of genius.

Adomah will eventually, when he understands the game better and works under a great manager. I also believe he knows that, with his honest appraisal of his chats with other players.

Yes...it's a shame, that this Country has got stuck in the dark ages, by believing pace and strength are the only way to win football matches. That's why i prefer watching more technical, slower paced games from abroad.

What an interesting comment, you'd rather watch slow italian football than watching Spurs in full flight?

Oh well, it takes all sorts! :-)

I was watching the Spurs match (and I'm a closet Arsenal fan) & I couldn't help be impressed, power, strength, skill & passion.

Plenty of 'natural' footballers there. Even their 'luxury player' in Modric puts in shift.

I also believe England will never win a World Cup again until coaches at lower levels bring on kids that are technically gifted, instead of the ones that develop physically quickest.

When was the last time you were at a BCFC game amazed at the individual skills of a player?

Noble, Williams and Trundle were the last City players i remember showing regular glimpses of genius.

Adomah will eventually, when he understands the game better and works under a great manager. I also believe he knows that, with his honest appraisal of his chats with other players.

Agree with all of that.

As for the subsequent Spurs comment, yes, they play great football as do Man U and sometimes Arsenal but English football in general is all about physicality and pace.

I do take your point, but what we actually need to do is combine the athleticism and strength of the modern British player with technical ability, i.e. become Spain.

The problem with Noble and Trundle was that they couldn't produce their undoubted quality regularly enough and they were too 1 dimensional. If they were as good as some people remember them being they would have played at a higher level earlier. Let's not forget that Trundle was well known for years and no one took a chance on him, while we signed Noble from Boston Utd. As talented as they both were, if I was an opposing manager and saw them on the team sheet, I'd put a man marker on them, make them play with their back to goal and they'd be out of the game

Well Spudski you'd be watching your football in League 2. All three failed to deliver consistently at Championship level.

Hold on, with Noble in the team; we got to the play off final!

In my own opinion, I still think that Noble was the most creative and quick thinking players we've seen for a very very long time at the gate.

I also think that playing with the likes of Byfield, Adebola and Trundle - they were just too slow thinking for him.

Plus, Marvin has never really been enough as a holding midfielder. We had to have Carle or Johnson in there as well. Noble and a player in the mould of Derry would of been epic.

Noble has a problem mate! Yes he is a talent, but to make it in the Championship you need a bit more about you.

Nobles own words, to me ...was he liked partying to much

A lot of BCFC fans have this affinity to ex players who were enigmas, one great game, 4 or 5 of nothing, enigmas are ok when you have a really good side and 10 players who can still carry it off when the enigma can't be arsed, unfortunately it has been a very long time since we have had a team capable of carrying an enigma and by looks of things a long time in the future as well. The strange thing is many of the enigma supporters aren't quite so supportive of some of our current enigmas.

A lot of BCFC fans have this affinity to ex players who were enigmas, one great game, 4 or 5 of nothing, enigmas are ok when you have a really good side and 10 players who can still carry it off when the enigma can't be arsed, unfortunately it has been a very long time since we have had a team capable of carrying an enigma and by looks of things a long time in the future as well. The strange thing is many of the enigma supporters aren't quite so supportive of some of our current enigmas.

Esmond out of order me calling you a stalker.

The sort of player we could do with now imo. If not only to create something, but at least i might get some enjoyment / entertainment from! Two from Cisse, Elliott, Skuse behind Noble feeding Albert, Yannick and one striker! Anyway, not going to happen, but can always dream!

Interesting laying our promotion solely at the feet of David Noble.. Especially as he made 18 starts that season?
Thanks I thought exactly the same thing! I liked Noble and you cant forget the Palace goal and the brace to get us promoted the previous season, however he has a problem with lasting the full 90 and that is what has cost him playing at a higher level....

Thanks I thought exactly the same thing! I liked Noble and you cant forget the Palace goal and the brace to get us promoted the previous season, however he has a problem with lasting the full 90 and that is what has cost him playing at a higher level....

I would settle for 45 mins entertainment right now!

What an interesting comment, you'd rather watch slow italian football than watching Spurs in full flight?

Oh well, it takes all sorts! :-)

I was watching the Spurs match (and I'm a closet Arsenal fan) & I couldn't help be impressed, power, strength, skill & passion.

Plenty of 'natural' footballers there. Even their 'luxury player' in Modric puts in shift.

Like someone else has said...Spurs, Arsenal and a few of the other top flight teams in the Prem, can play incorperating all skills. But in general...that's not the case. Also take into the fact, football in Countries like Spain and Italy cannot be played at 100 miles per hour because of the heat. It's played fast in spurts, especially around the 18 yard box.

How many times have we seen England suffer in the heat? Many times, because they only know one way of playing. They can't knock it around, keep the ball, and make the other team work. they are not tecnically gifted enough to do this.

Our Club players often go home in the afternoons to rest and sleep/relax because of massive physical exhertion during training. Many European teams have their players working on individual ball skills during the afternoon, and when they run for fitness, they often do it with a ball constantly at their feet. You never see that in England. We are miles behind in coaching and going backwards.

Like someone else has said...Spurs, Arsenal and a few of the other top flight teams in the Prem, can play incorperating all skills. But in general...that's not the case. Also take into the fact, football in Countries like Spain and Italy cannot be played at 100 miles per hour because of the heat. It's played fast in spurts, especially around the 18 yard box.

How many times have we seen England suffer in the heat? Many times, because they only know one way of playing. They can't knock it around, keep the ball, and make the other team work. they are not tecnically gifted enough to do this.

Our Club players often go home in the afternoons to rest and sleep/relax because of massive physical exhertion during training. Many European teams have their players working on individual ball skills during the afternoon, and when they run for fitness, they often do it with a ball constantly at their feet. You never see that in England. We are miles behind in coaching and going backwards.

Great post- 100%! Often wondered about how we do in the heat- climate differs so much, which as you say is conducive to a quicker style of football. Inevitably we go out to a tournament, try to play quick in the heat and maybe get a bit knackered or try to play technically- and fail.

Noble has a problem mate! Yes he is a talent, but to make it in the Championship you need a bit more about you.

Nobles own words, to me ...was he liked partying to much

Doesn't sound like Noble has a problem, he's clearly happy with the level of football he plays as it allows him to also enjoy himself on the weekend. Not all footballers care about their careers as much as certain fans seem to. If the blokes happy then who cares!!

Archived