IGNORED

Portsmouth & Rangers To Enter Administration

bangers

Premier League has given them an early £1 million in parachute payments.....however, despite the incredibly convenient timing it isn't to do with their financial position......apparently....!!!!

I suggest all clubs just take the piss like Pompey have, sign premier league players on premier league wages while financial crippled......

What a ******* joke, so much for a strong message being sent out.....

Premier League has given them an early £1 million in parachute payments.....however, despite the incredibly convenient timing it isn't to do with their financial position......apparently....!!!!

I suggest all clubs just take the piss like Pompey have, sign premier league players on premier league wages while financial crippled......

Entirely predictable, though not enough ash to get them out the mire yet. We should also remember that this isn't new money, it's money that will be in their budget later on this season. actually, BBC say it's £2.5 million, and that'll pay off their current debt. ******* disgraceful really...

Source? This is probably the money that was withheld from them when they relegated from the Premier League in 2009/2010.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/7620926/Portsmouth-suffer-Premier-League-parachute-payment-blow.html

I'd also draw your attention to the comments below the article here, especially those about Pompey's estimated wage bill:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey_benefit_from_early_parachute_payment_1_3517254

I don't think we've heard the end of this saga. Three points tomorrow night is worth more to us than £1.5m is to them.

They have blown most of the 16m parachute payments that they were due to receive this season but this latest payment will save them from going into administration until after the March (?) deadline and take any points penalty into next season.

Completely wrong but not surprising from the corrupt PL.

BCAGFC

They have blown most of the 16m parachute payments that they were due to receive this season but this latest payment will save them from going into administration until after the March (?) deadline and take any points penalty into next season.

Completely wrong but not surprising from the corrupt PL.

BCAGFC

I could be wrong - but don't the league look at whether the deduction would make a material difference if applied? i.e. if they would go down with a 10pt penalty, but survive without it, then the penalty would be applied and they would go down

Can somebody confirm or correct please?

I could be wrong - but don't the league look at whether the deduction would make a material difference if applied? i.e. if they would go down with a 10pt penalty, but survive without it, then the penalty would be applied and they would go down

Can somebody confirm or correct please?

You might be right, in fact I hope you are right, Pompey must be made an example of and it will also help our cause no end.

If they aren't lucky enough to have a financial backer like us......................tough, they will have to live within their means and if that means losing all their highly paid players, playing the yoyth team and being relegated...........then so be it.

BCAGFC

I think I've found my own answer in http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-3-the-league_2293633_2125717 - although it isn't easy to read the "legalese"!

The deadline is 5pm on the 4th Thursday in March. Before that they get the -10 points. After that it rolls over to the next season if it would have made no difference to which division they would be playing in the next year, but gets applied if it would make a difference

Lots of rumours flying around that Pompey could be going into administration as early as today...

Well I guess them getting the extra money is crunch time really; if it means they can clear the decks with HMRC and pay their players then they'll be ok. If this extra money has done nowt, then they might as well go into admin now while they still have a chance to avoid relegation

Another big big club in deep shit here http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-17015966

I did read today that Forest will crash if lawyers who are appointed as executors confirm that the 100 million pounds of loans put in by him are called in!

I hope so, it's the least they deserve and it'll put 'em rock bottom and 10 points behind us as it stands.

He tweeted he'd heard this and was trying to confirm it. I think there is history with teams doing again so quickly. Fingers crossed.

I hope so, it's the least they deserve and it'll put 'em rock bottom and 10 points behind us as it stands.

A lot will say that its unfair on the club but as far as i am concerened twice in two years is just bad management at board room level.

Why was the manager allowed to spend so much on players when it was not there to spend?

Good job.

If it safe gurads our championship status then happy days

Rangers owe HMRC £49m.. :surrender:

If you read Private Eye you will know that Rangers have been trying to pull a fast one on the HMRC for quite some time. There is a legal scheme where you can lend employees via an offshore company (called EBT's) , to avoid administration costs and lower interest costs. Rangers apparently got greedy and started giving all employes (not just players) "loans" instead of wages, which they then never ask to be repaid. Once HMRC cottoned on they made a claim for unpaid Tax and NI contributions, for the amounts that should have gone through the payroll and presumably fines for the deception.

God knows how they ever thought they would get away with it!

Archived