IGNORED

David Lloyds Pre-Match Warm Up

eastonboy

Felt for the guy, I doubt he'll do it again after he was met with next to no support.

He made the effort and that is to be commended... the fans let him down by not getting behind him... It doesn't take much to shout Come on you Reds a couple of times does it?

Apathy Gate.

I disagree, I thought only the Williams didn't respond, The Atyeo, Dulmoan and the EE, probably caught unawares and dumbfoundness, responded fairly well.

Personally speaking, if I wanted to hear that sort of thing (Announcer geeing up the crowd), I would probably watch American Football to where it is better suited, but I don't so found it very cringeworthy, but Kudos to Dave for at least trying.

I disagree, I thought only the Williams didn't respond, The Atyeo, Dulmoan and the EE, probably caught unawares and dumbfoundness, responded fairly well.

Personally speaking, if I wanted to hear that sort of thing (Announcer geeing up the crowd), I would probably watch American Football to where it is better suited, but I don't so found it very cringeworthy, but Kudos to Dave for at least trying.

From the Dolman (B block as well) I heard nothing at all.

I would agree that it isn't ideal, But like you said, he's tried something to help do the job the fans are failing to do... and a lot just couldn't be arsed to join in.

it did have quite a plastic feel about it... but that's the game.

I thought fair play for giving it a go. If it was a full house and a massive game I think it would have worked, but a small-ish crown of just under 12,500 on a chilly night and it flumped!

I would advise not doing it again.

I have always said there are ways to get the crowd going and the likes of Wolves and Birmingham have it sussed. They play the same tunes before kick off in order and the fans sing along to them. If we do this already and I'm not sure we do, we are playing the wrong tunes.

Also, as much as people do not like goal music celebrations, I also find this helps the atmosphere as it does in many other clubs. We ditched it because a handful didn't like it, but I think if we play the right goal celebration music, the atmosphere will improve.

MM

Almost pissed myself hearing the commentator trying to gee up support at Reading. Shouting "hear the Royals roar" or something like that! Thought we were gonna get the American national anthem with nacho and corn dog vendors coming round the stand as well. Something does need to be done to improve the atmosphere and at least now we can say Dave L tried to gee up support but it didnt really work for us. And before anyone else says anything, its a resounding no to goal music from me, the only place for that sh1t is after touchdowns and fieldgoals!

What a right load of old cobblers. Thought we were at an American football match.

I go to wembley every year for the NFL and have seen games at Tampa, San Fran and New York nothing done at any of those games was as cringeworthy as last nite.

Thing I find most Amusing about the Ashton Gate Experience is that the crowd in the Ateyo, Williams and Dolman tend to be told when to sing Come on You Reads through the bloody score board flashing it up. it's been like that for years now, and a sad fact of the matter that so many fans are reactionary to a bloody board than proactive in the support for the team.

It has been like this through good and bad times. I just don't think we have the genuine noisey fans apart from a few hundred die hard singers, yes we have the od game where the noise is incedible, but this is generally when the glory hunters turn up for their experience in playoff semi finals or JPT semi finals

I was embarrassed at his behavior- the early reading of the team sheets, and the 3 attempts at singing "coyr"

yes, well done for trying, but in all due respect a 60+ bloke shouting down a microphone didn't float my boat (i joined in, as i want to sing and support my team in matches).

the whole "viva city" or what ever they are called dancers dont really add to the atmosphere either and i felt myself thinking the whole escapade was very cringeworthy.

i remember a few years ago, the team would be welcomed onto the pitch, and a chorus of red army would ring out, then, when the manager (it was gj) arrived, he would clap, and then a outbreak of "there's only 1 Gary Johnson" would be heard.

Archived