IGNORED

Huddersfield Sack Lee Clark

Roe

Whether you like him or not, fact is he lost 3 of his last 55 games! Not quite sure what clubs expect these days, and they can still get automatic!

That is an exceptional record regardless of what budget you have. League one is a very competitive league and not easy to get out of, we know this all too well.

Personally think he should have been given to the end of the season at least.

Whether you like him or not, fact is he lost 3 of his last 55 games! Not quite sure what clubs expect these days, and they can still get automatic!

That is an exceptional record regardless of what budget you have. League one is a very competitive league and not easy to get out of, we know this all too well.

Personally think he should have been given to the end of the season at least.

Sounds a bit like Danny Wilson... If we hadn't sacked him we'd probably still be in league 1.

Sounds a bit like Danny Wilson... If we hadn't sacked him we'd probably still be in league 1.

I agree with your reasoning but why not see if he fails first? Chances are he could have done it this time. If not Auto, then by the play-offs.

Teams often get promoted through the play-offs 2nd time of asking... unless its cardiff :laughcont:

I agree with your reasoning but why not see if he fails first? Chances are he could have done it this time. If not Auto, then by the play-offs.

Teams often get promoted through the play-offs 2nd time of asking... unless its cardiff :laughcont:

Just don't rate him tbh... Never have. Think he's a berk and pretty much any professional manager should be able to get that side and the side from the last two seasons, promoted.

They've got a premier league striker and a championship midfield at least. In previous seasons they had Pilkington who has done well in the prem this season too.

He had easily the best squad in the division for the last two seasons and hasn't got promotion. With that squad some might argue that going up through the play offs is a failure as they should really be winning it at a canter.

Just don't rate him tbh... Never have. Think he's a berk and pretty much any professional manager should be able to get that side and the side from the last two seasons, promoted.

They've got a premier league striker and a championship midfield at least. In previous seasons they had Pilkington who has done well in the prem this season too.

He had easily the best squad in the division for the last two seasons and hasn't got promotion. With that squad some might argue that going up through the play offs is a failure as they should really be winning it at a canter.

Not to mention a proven winner (for that level) at centre back!

You obviously know more than me about huddersfield - but I cant see how changing a manager is going to be anything but disruptive. Its not like they'll get a boost from a new manager, because they were doing well anyway.

I just think now, they are less likely to go up.

Possibly but still, 3 defeats in 55 is remarkable.

For me there is nothing to suggest he wasn't capable of getting promoted, but then I guess with the players at their disposal they were probably expecting to be challenging for the title, let alone promotion.

Not to mention a proven winner (for that level) at centre back!

You obviously know more than me about huddersfield - but I cant see how changing a manager is going to be anything but disruptive. Its not like they'll get a boost from a new manager, because they were doing well anyway.

I just think now, they are less likely to go up.

Well if you remember how good our squad was under Wilson, far far too good for that division... Huddersfield are much better!

I think it depends on who they go for, if they bring in an experienced manager who knows how to get over the finish line then anything is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Warnock be interested (don't know if he has any history with them though?) once they get promoted I can see them taking to this league in the same way we did and Southampton have.

Well if you remember how good our squad was under Wilson, far far too good for that division... Huddersfield are much better!

I think it depends on who they go for, if they bring in an experienced manager who knows how to get over the finish line then anything is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Warnock be interested (don't know if he has any history with them though?) once they get promoted I can see them taking to this league in

the same way we did and Southampton have.

Their squad is full of talent, and as you say better than that level easily. They have two championship wingers in Roberts and Ward and we all know about Rhodes.

They certainly have the foundations in place to progress and be a force should they get promoted. Good sized club with a decent fan base too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Warnock be interested (don't know if he has any history with them though?) once they get promoted I can see them taking to this league in the same way we did and Southampton have.

As a matter of interest, in Wilson's final season with BCFC, which players would be a starter in our current Championship squad. We have to consider the higher levels of fitness and who the Wilson player could replace. Thoughts ?

As a matter of interest, in Wilson's final season with BCFC, which players would be a starter in our current Championship squad. We have to consider the higher levels of fitness and who the Wilson player could replace. Thoughts ?

Most were probably more talented footballers, but like you say the attitude and fitness instilled under Sir Gary was astronomical in comparison to the drink fuelled mess under Wilson.

If you had the Johnson factor and the natural talent of some of the Wilson squad you'd have been certain to walk that league imo.

Probably Matt Hill Louis Carey Brian Tinnion

Maybes A fit functioning Tommy D, Luke Wilkshire, Leroy Lita, Mickey Bell, Scott Murray, Danny Coles

To replace a current squad starter, I would consider Wilkshire and Lita. Wilkshire plays right wing back and Lita a striker, both could figure in selections,

Im still certain that there is more underlying reasons for this then meets the eye. They are 4 points off of automatic promotion, so to suddenly decide he is underachieving is absurd.

I put money on it he has been found talking to Leeds or something. I know for a fact he wanted the Leicester City job, he even visited their training ground and was showed round. All his "Im happy at Huddersfield bo**ocks" was just that....bo**ocks!

He wasnt even offered an interview at Leicester in the end, let alone offered the job.

I do agree with you though that he is a berk.

Archived