IGNORED

Update On Portsmouth Ssn

bangers

they have enough cash to furfill the rest of this seasons fixtures thats all I know about the situation,

But this administration is going to be different to anyone who takes over, they've defualted on their last credit agreement so they will be liable for that debt as well as this debt this time

If you can't pay your supliers or pay for services providide they should have sold on or loaned out all theri players at christmas and played theri youth team.

I hope they go to the wall, one of my mates business went under after the last admin agreement, i despise them. Fair enough it happened once, but a 2nd time no way Jose, fold them.

Bads luck for the fans I agree, but let them reform.

I am sick and tired of Clubs looking for easy ways out of problems they create, they shaft on everyone, then carry on as normal.

Yes slightly hypocritical after what we did in 82. But now it seems almost a normal way to operate a football club. The points deduction as far as I can see it should be set so they are also guarenteed relegation

I agree TRL. Felt sorry for them the first team but now it's beyond a joke! Signing players like Lawrence, Kitson and bringing back Benjani is hardly what I would call making cut backs!

If they only get a 10pt deduction they will be signing and dancing! They have been so poorly run they just can't keep getting away with it! Just not fair at all! I feel sorry for their fans.

The least they deserve is a 25 point deduction.

I agree TRL. Felt sorry for them the first team but now it's beyond a joke! Signing players like Lawrence, Kitson and bringing back Benjani is hardly what I would call making cut backs!

If they only get a 10pt deduction they will be signing and dancing! They have been so poorly run they just can't keep getting away with it! Just not fair at all! I feel sorry for their fans.

The least they deserve is a 25 point deduction.

wind them up. Give them the penalty reduction at the end of the season so they definitely go down, ensuring the point deduction is one more than the team 3rd from bottom.

If there is any justice there will be no Portsmouth soon. Hopefully their fans can reform out of the remenents of what is left at a very low level and rebuild. Their fan base should ensure that it is successful, dwarfing attendances at other clubs allowing them to get in the players to progress.

Hi There,

Been following the forum for years, but first post.

I now live in Luton, and back in 2008 they got a 20 point penalty for exactly the same thing as Portsmouth have failed to do (Failed CVA). Plus a further 10 points for illegal agent payments. Therefore this situation isn't without precedent and Portsmouth In my opinion should have the book thrown at them.

Rant over!!!

With administration now granted, they'll get the regular -10 points and that's it.

yeah, the rules need changing, ineptitude at various levels at both the club and football league have allowed this to happen.

Maybe all players as of yet not paid for can be denied the right to play? That surely is a possibility?

wind them up. Give them the penalty reduction at the end of the season so they definitely go down, ensuring the point deduction is one more than the team 3rd from bottom.

If there is any justice there will be no Portsmouth soon. Hopefully their fans can reform out of the remenents of what is left at a very low level and rebuild. Their fan base should ensure that it is successful, dwarfing attendances at other clubs allowing them to get in the players to progress.

Clubs like Acccrington & Aldershot have rebuilt after going out of business and they have a far less fan base than Pompey, so i feel for the fans if they go, but if they love the club that much they will follow them at any level.

Different regulators - last time it was in the Premier League so I can't see that counting against them.

i hope they get 20 which is what HMRC are asking for...

So do I, but purely for selfish reasons - the fact its more likely we'll stay up.

Then again, after the difficulty's they had, to then go and sign players on big wages is a joke.

Feel sorry for their fans tho

I hope they have to cancel players contracts !

If they can't pay the inland rev then they shouldn't pay the players like Kitson !

It's a scandle if they are allowed to continue with Thier present squad that they can't afford with just a10 point deduction,

And for all thoses Landsdown doubters, if it wasn't for his wealth under-righting our running costs, we could be in a similar state !!!

Unlikely. Not the players fault, so why punish them? Administrator might not pay them if they became ineligible.

Because it could be affecting a club in the same division that are still waiting payment, and that said player could be earning Portsmouth points when they should not really be playing

There is a rule that protects other football clubs - I believe they HAVE to pay 100% of their debts to football clubs or risk losing membership.

I know lots of people dont like this rule and neither do the HMRC - but would'nt the logical thing to do, be to add HMRC to that rule??

I hope they have to cancel players contracts !

If they can't pay the inland rev then they shouldn't pay the players like Kitson !

It's a scandle if they are allowed to continue with Thier present squad that they can't afford with just a10 point deduction,

And for all thoses Landsdown doubters, if it wasn't for his wealth under-righting our running costs, we could be in a similar state !!!

Not just Landsdown, every club!

Archived