IGNORED

Update On Portsmouth Ssn

bangers

Their manager said they couldn't afford to pay for the scan to see how bad Liam Lawrences injury is.

That says it all, cant afford to pay for a scan.. Shocking.

How much is a scan? A couple of grand?

Surely Lawrence could have paid that himself, for the sake of his own health?

Tight fisted barsteward.

First time in admin?

1998, 2010 and now 2012.

They'll get ten points immediately.

They may well get an additional five or ten points for it being the second time in ten years (there is discretion allowed in FL regulations here).

If they exit administration without a CVA they will get another points deduction again.

I was'nt talking about pompey.

Others were saying that admin should be more than a ten point deduction - I was disagreeing - for clubs that were in admin for the first time, ten points is enough IMO.

A Pompey-supporting mate of mine is actually hoping they get wound up and have to reform. I don't think he's the only one there hoping that. Pompey fans have already set up funds fans can donate to help create a new club.

A new club wouldn't necessarily start too low down the pyramind - maybe the 7th tier. They would be by far the biggest club to reform, so there would be quite a few policing issues if they were to start too low and had to play at places that couldn't accommodate them safely.

They are guaranteed to have a deduction of 10 points. It could be more, but that will be an additional punishment for anything more than the simple fact of going into administration. As it is their 2nd time in recent years, I can deffo see some sort of additional penalty being issued - but at the moment, the only thing that is Certain is 10 points, as this is the statutory penalty for going into adminstration.

They are guaranteed to have a deduction of 10 points. It could be more, but that will be an additional punishment for anything more than the simple fact of going into administration. As it is their 2nd time in recent years, I can deffo see some sort of additional penalty being issued - but at the moment, the only thing that is Certain is 10 points, as this is the statutory penalty for going into adminstration.

Any Idea when the league might announce it mate ??

I think 10 points is enough for the first time in admin.

Going into admin isnt always bad management. The economy and results on the pitch can

sometimes have an effect on finances....

For me it's simply bad club management . They knew the state of the economy and have the same situation on the pitch as as all clubs.

Signing high profile players to elevate there status without the financial back up is nothing short of freud.

This isn't the first time they have gone into administration leaving behind millions of pounds of debt, with out care for other organisations that are now out of pocket or perhaps even now had to wind up( often small businesses go under from such carelessness)

Shame on you Portsmouth FC , sorry for the real fans.

Even with a -10 point deduction, I don't think they will recover from it.

I think they'd have a decent chance of recovering from 10 points, which as we stand at the moment wouldn't even put them in the drop zone. True, the players would have to keep their heads straight to avoid being sucked into a relegation spot, but their goal difference effectively puts them a point clear of the relegation places.

More than 10 points however and they would be struggling. The advantage they have is that the three currently occupying the relegation spots are bloody awful!

For me it's simply bad club management . They knew the state of the economy and have the same situation on the pitch as as all clubs.

Signing high profile players to elevate there status without the financial back up is nothing short of freud.

This isn't the first time they have gone into administration leaving behind millions of pounds of debt, with out care for other organisations that are now out of pocket or perhaps even now had to wind up( often small businesses go under from such carelessness)

Shame on you Portsmouth FC , sorry for the real fans.

Again, yes in portsmouth's case. but I was talking in general terms.

I think they'd have a decent chance of recovering from 10 points, which as we stand at the moment wouldn't even put them in the drop zone. True, the players would have to keep their heads straight to avoid being sucked into a relegation spot, but their goal difference effectively puts them a point clear of the relegation places.

More than 10 points however and they would be struggling. The advantage they have is that the three currently occupying the relegation spots are bloody awful!

I think this will deflate the players as they've gone through the pain before. I personally think they will struggle from here and face the drop. Even though it's a horrible thing, it's obviously good for us as it brings one more club into the mix and if we get a result tomorrow, boro will be in the mix aswell. We need to go and attack from the word go tomorrow!

Any Idea when the league might announce it mate ??

No idea atall mate. They will not need to be in any hurry to make any additional ruling. Infact, they may need to wait to gain all the facts and circumstances based around this current administration and it's outcomes.

I would not be suprised if decisions were not made until the end of this season, when they would likely take account of the effect of the mandatory 10 point deduction. If they stayed up with that in place, then enough to see them relegated would not be a huge surprise. If 10 points sent them down, then I would expect any further penalty to be effective for next season - if they still exist.

Portsmouth are owed money in parachute payments for the prem so should have enough money to carry on until the end of the season. They will be docked at least ten points but may be docked more as it is the second time they have been in administration - however previous was under Premier League. Apparently Portsmouth owe us money????? I don't want to see the club liquidated as that's no fun for anyone in football - their situation could help us though in the relegation battle we are in! I honestly don't think they will be docked more than ten points - when will we know how many points are being docked?

If you can't pay your supliers or pay for services providide they should have sold on or loaned out all theri players at christmas and played theri youth team.

I hope they go to the wall, one of my mates business went under after the last admin agreement, i despise them. Fair enough it happened once, but a 2nd time no way Jose, fold them.

Bads luck for the fans I agree, but let them reform.

I am sick and tired of Clubs looking for easy ways out of problems they create, they shaft on everyone, then carry on as normal.

By and large I agree. The fact is Pompey have taken advantage of there suppliers twice.

Yes the supporters will take it very hard, however they can reform and join the lower leagues in much the sameway as Aldershot, Accrington etc.

Portsmouth are as good as dead and the club folding completely is inevitable if no one comes in with Millions. Put everyone out of there misery in Portsmouth and across the country, reform the club and begin again is the only real solution,

The only issue will be how much the stadium is worth...If they even own it!

For those people who say we would be bankrupt if it wasnt for SL, would we have spent as much if we had a less wealthy owner?

I accept we would be in league 1 or 2 probably but the amount of money we spend is because we have a wealthy owner

and an owner who has been wholly responsible for some time for setting the agenda on the way we spend money - so whilst we can praise him, lets keep it in focus

10 points is just the automatic points deduction when they enter administration. The football league can add to that depending on the severity of the issue, and how the club have conducted themselves.

Looks like it will be more than 10 points with all the talk of deceit.

Archived