IGNORED

Del On Pitman

Antman

"I've no problems being proved wrong," said the manager. "But I'm of the same opinion about Brett as our supporters. I know his qualities and what he's capable of.'

uh? I get the feelings most of the 'supporters' want to see 2 up front Del, and Pitman being one of them.

"I've no problems being proved wrong," said the manager. "But I'm of the same opinion about Brett as our supporters. I know his qualities and what he's capable of.'

uh? I get the feelings most of the 'supporters' want to see 2 up front Del, and Pitman being one of them.

I would think that most supporters were dissapointed with BP's ineffective (albeit limited) contribution when he has been given any game time in the last 3/4 months.

Hopefully now, after Tuesday, he has delivered something to make the managers' decision alot tougher! Although I am not expecting an instant and permanent return to a 442 formation based on 20 mins of one game.

Keep producing BP and you time will come!

Keep producing BP and you time will come!

His time has come.

I think the being proved wrong McInnes refers to means in the last match. As Palace sat back, there were opportunities galore for Pitman HAD he been on the pitch. Thankfully, on the 70th minute, Derek realised this.

I get the feeling Derek knows a bit more about football management than most of the fools who keep persisting in saying 'play 442'.

Does that include fools who think you win more games with the negative 4-5-1?

and "Yes" just because i'm not a manager does not mean i know fa about playing formations!

McInnes is just learning the arts of managment, and would see a lot of sense on this forum from good posters,then there is yours :)

Does that include fools who think you win more games with the negative 4-5-1?

and "Yes" just because i'm not a manager does not mean i know fa about playing formations!

McInnes is just learning the arts of managment, and would see a lot of sense on this forum from good posters,then there is yours :)

negative 4-5-1?

People need to get rid of this idea that 4-5-1 is simply negative. 4-5-1 can be very attacking and can control you a game, 4-4-2 is more direct for sure but like 4-5-1, if you haven't got the players you cant play it successfully.

negative 4-5-1?

People need to get rid of this idea that 4-5-1 is simply negative. 4-5-1 can be very attacking and can control you a game, 4-4-2 is more direct for sure but like 4-5-1, if you haven't got the players you cant play it successfully.

Unfortunately 2 goals in the 6 games before last Tuesday suggests we don't have the players to play a solo striker game effectively.

With this squad 442 equals getting stuffed whether you want Pitman up front or not. Next season with a new a new squad Del will go 442.

I remember something that Colin Warnock said when he went to Sheff Utd for the first time, he was criticised for playing direct football, his answer was "when I came here most of the players weren't capable of passing water let alone the football".

You have to make do with what you have until you have what you want.

negative 4-5-1?

If you look at our last few results, it shows we have not done well with 4-5-1 just look at goals scored.

With the 2 up front it's down mainly to the 2 wide men to make better use of the ball to feed them.

But agree to a point that 4-5-1 if you have the right players is for the away games only, depending what form the other club has at the time.

Also if you have a players up front who can score (Wood) and who is scoring goals (Pitman) long may it last. you have to play to your strengths and let the other team do the worrying!

Given City's precarious league position, McInnes is understandingly afraid of losing which is why he's likes to play 5 across the midfield and one up front. Sure its a negative approach especially at AG but as I say, understandable.

The consequences are that it restricts forward play and basically starves the lone striker of service and we all know thats why McInnes brought in Wood in an attempt to hold the ball up more effectively than Maynard did and better than Pitman would.

To accomodate Pitman City would have to go 3-5-2. We've seen how hopeless 4-4-2 is so thats a no no.

Maybe Pitman could play in 5 across the middle in what would be essentially a 4-4-1-1. Worth a try I reckon. Maybe at Posh this saturday? I won't hold my breath.

negative 4-5-1?

it is the way we play it because we have little or no class in central midfield.

I know DMC has got big balls, but given that Skuse is injured, Cisse is almost certainly out and the fact that Bolaisie appears to be far from the finished article, I think he would need a wheelbarrow to carry them around to leave out a guy who just scored 2 goals in whatever formation he decides on for the game.

Hey but that's what he gets paid for.

Archived