IGNORED

Rubbish

GrahamC

4-4-2 or 4-5-1, Pitman plays, he doesn't.

I'm really not bothered about any of that.

Put simply to go away to a side who hasn't won this year and lose 3-0 is simply pathetic. I'd also guess that our lot earn far more than the Peterborough players who have easily beat us today.

When you consider we were also beaten 3-0 in our last away game and haven't scored away at all this year this is simply a rubbish effort by the players, manager and coaching staff all round.

No way are we staying up without a massive turn around in form and more importantly by showing a lot more effort.

Couldn't agree more Graham.

So much of the debate on this forum is about the tiny details of who plays where, or what scarf to put on, or where to hang a flag, or what to sing...which is all fine.

But it's trivial stuff. we should never at any point in our history have been unable to put out a side to compete with Peterborough. That's not arrogance - it's simply that the difference in the resources of the two clubs is immense.

The truth is that the supporters have been let down by the management of the club. Four years ago hundreds and thousands of people were travelling all over the country to encourage the side up the table and on to Wembley, creating a great atmosphere - and buying season tickets in shed loads. What have they received in return? The club has run up huge debts, promised much and post-GJ has delivered very, very little.

The buck stops at the top. Time for less loyalty and for more searching questions of the BCFC Board.

It is rubbish. My weekend completely ******* ruined. Can't believe I was stupid enough to be optimistic today! I am sorry but 4-5-1 clearly is not working! I would rather lose games 3-0 by setting up to win, even in a 4-4-2 which I don't like but I would at least rather see us get turned over by going for games, rather than setting up to keep it tight.

I am sorry but were down. Simple as that. Losing games is one thing but with the exception of Tuesday (which must be a lucky 1 off) we have absolutely no fight in us, get beaten heavily and go down too easily.

What a cunch of bunts.

McInnes is majorly at fault.

Bristol Derby here we come...

Haha, since when did he posess a magic ***ing wand?

Total crap, I feel sorry for those who went. This team is a joke and the manager now appears powerless to change things.

We are just not good enough and will be playing League 1 football next season.

This season is a write off, and its not really fair to blame the new manager, we will stay up and next season the scores are reset and we go again.

Haha, since when did he posess a magic ***ing wand?

This season is a write off, and its not really fair to blame the new manager, we will stay up and next season the scores are reset and we go again.

I'm not blaming the manager. I just can't see how he can turn this utter shambles around. 3 and a half years of ineptitude from the board, loads of wages wasted on shit players and look where we are now. McInnes has come here too late to save us from League 1. We are a joke and this club needs a complete overhaul. I've tried to stay positive since the new man came in but today is the final straw - I hope the 350 that went gave the team a piece of their mind.

We have an awful team here. First doubts about Del from me now. We haven't looked like winning a game for god knows how long. When he first arrived it looked like me might turn things around but it looks like the old habits are returning. The tactics don't work and we can't bring in decent players or get the best out of what we got. Very frustrating times.

I'm not blaming the manager. I just can't see how he can turn this utter shambles around. 3 and a half years of ineptitude from the board, loads of wages wasted on shit players and look where we are now. McInnes has come here too late to save us from League 1. We are a joke and this club needs a complete overhaul. I've tried to stay positive since the new man came in but today is the final straw - I hope the 350 that went gave the team a piece of their mind.

yeah sorry wrong, quote there.

We totally need an overhaul and I think MDc is more than prepaired to weild the sword. This club is a great oppertunity for the gaffer and he wont let stroppy or ego players cock it up for him, for now I see him still assessing the players, who has real ability, who has the mind set to give the manager 100%, we get those guys signed up, the rest? Well we have no room for baggage if others give their absolute all.

Yeah, next season, let5s see what it brings, for now your right, we need to worry about staying in this league.

Couldn't agree more Graham.

So much of the debate on this form is about the tiny details of who plays where, or what scarf to put on, or where to hang a flag, or what to sing...which is all fine.

But it's trivial stuff. we should never at any point in our history have been unable to put out a side to compete with Peterborough. That's not arrogance - it's simply that the difference in the resources of the two clubs is immense.

The truth is that the supporters have been let down by the management of the club. Four years ago hundreds and thousands of people were travelling all over the country to encourage the side up the table and on to Wembley, creating a great atmosphere - and buying season tickets in shed loads. What have they received in return? The club has run up huge debts, promised much and post-GJ has delivered very, very little.

The buck stops at the top. Time for less loyalty and for more searching questions of the BCFC Board.

Couldn't agree more.

This have been my sentiment for a good couple of seasons but this opinion tends to be met with FFS or have word by the blind faith brigade who thinks SL is a saint and as papel infallibility.

The club is in trouble from top to bottom. End of...at least we'll have a few derby-ish games next season. Much of the blame must be laid with the board, when Sexstone came in I knew we were doomed (I've heard plenty of his business skills in years gone by, not just including his time with City).

Couldn't agree more.

This have been my sentiment for a good couple of seasons but this opinion tends to be met with FFS or have word by the blind faith brigade who thinks SL is a saint and as papel infallibility.

Whaat? SL pumps his money into the club year after year, trys to run us on a stable footing, has allways given the managers his full backing, gives 110% to get a new stadium for the Club and you suggest this is blind faith? BLIND?

Do you ever stop to wonder why your comments are met with 'have a word, or ffs'?

Whaat? SL pumps his money into the club year after year, trys to run us on a stable footing, has allways given the managers his full backing, gives 110% to get a new stadium for the Club and you suggest this is blind faith? BLIND?

Do you ever stop to wonder why your comments are met with 'have a word, or ffs'?

Take away his money would you say he was a good chairman/owner then ?

Here we go .

It's the running of the club thats why we are in debt and who runs the club?

It poor decisions when appointing managers backing the right manager . They get it wrong time and time again.

Why are we one of the worst teams in this league .

Take a look at Swansea, Blackpool they seem to do very well. It's down to a well managed club.

Are we that?

We had 14 shots and most of the possession - it's not that they bottle it, or are not good enough - they just for some reason cannot shoot anywhere other than straight at the damned keeper or just wide..................... this has been the story in numerous games, hell look at the Palace highlights, we should never have been 2 down - we had 16 shots of target and 7 on compared to Palace 12/4... we cannot score plain and simple.

Take away his money would you say he was a good chairman/owner then ?

An interesting thought. Hard to say really, differant dynamics. with no money we might have gone into admin like Rangers and Pompy long ago and doing Wimbelden, we may have been rebranded Bristol Utd with the sags..we...we coulda been in the Premier League!

Reality is he was a good chairman, record speaks for itself.

I was at Hull last weekend. Couldn't face watching such ineptitude again this weekend. My old man has sadly stopped going as the football being played is now so poor. Relegation will see us back in the footballing wilderness and reemphasise what a backwards city Bristol is when it comes to getting behind local sport. Buck up your ideas BCFC before it's too late.

Exactly. I've said all along, when you have a squad of players who are not good enough and simply don't give a **** about the club it doesn't matter one bit who the manager is! Even though it is obvious the formation needs to change!

But he can only do so much, these players are not good enough and when we get relegated won't be good enough to get us back up, that's even if he keeps half of the pathetic overpaid wasters.

Steve Lansdown has been in charge long enough to be held responsible for whats happening. prior to being chairman he was finance director. (and this is what, 10 + years we're talking)

Now what exactly is the strategy for the playing side? you tell me - we go in knee jerk cycles, spending money on failures, then cutting back, spending money on high wages, then cutting back - there is no consistency and seemingly no strategy in place. consequence? - managers come in and have to manage inadequate resources for a club at this level.

backing the manager 100% - hmmmm, not so sure - how much have we spent on players? but more worryingly how much have we written off?

do you think that the parade of managers over the last years have spent SL's money without his say so or approval? of course not.

some of the managerial appointments (Tinnion, Pulis) have been downright appalling and this is the legacy that we are now paying for.

Yes he's a rich man, yes, he supports a club losing 10 Mill a season , but that loss is as a result of his management / stewardship of the club - if you dont agree, who do you put forward as accountable for the running of BCFC?

The stadium is a wonderful project, but is it going to happen? any planning exercise has outside influences that cannot be controlled - it's not a precise science, what is palpable is Steve Lansdowns frustrations at not being able to get results from the playing side and now the stadium, his ownership position at the rugby club points at new ambitions,

we now have a puppet chairman and the owners son as hugely inexperienced - by his own admission - general manager - a board with little room for outisde influence - and to top it off, a failing playing squad - not a good mixture

An interesting thought. Hard to say really, differant dynamics. with no money we might have gone into admin like Rangers and Pompy long ago and doing Wimbelden, we may have been rebranded Bristol Utd with the sags..we...we coulda been in the Premier League!

Id be interested to see the good record.

Apart from grabbing Johnson when everything he did went right I cant see anything else.

Poor judgement on Tinnion

Poor judgement or can we say "false promises" on Coppell

Poor judgement on Millen

McInnes ? Well it would be unfair to judge anyone yet though maybe he was Sexstones choice

The stadium. Well until we get it nobody deserves a pat on the back.

Of course Lansdown is keeping our heads above water and we should be grateful for that but im sure thats pretty easy when you are a wealthy man.

The reality is that Lansdown's record in his 9 years as Chairman was pretty much rescued by Gary Johnson. Credit to SL for giving him his break but under his Chairmanship Wilson failed to deliver, Tinnion was hopeless, Coppell was a fiasco and Millen was arguably the poorest appointment in our modern history...apart from perhaps Tinnion!

Lansdown has promised big. And by our standards spent big. If we spend too much and achieve too little there's no one else to blame. He - or his appointees - have been running the club for a decade.

He's a decent man - and having made his gazillions he wants a bit of glory. No one would blame him for that. But it's telling, I think, that now that glory and BCFC are distant memories he's turned to the rugby.

And interesting to see from this thread that - finally - there are a number of posters prepared to question the leadership of the club.

We are very poor I agree but I don't think we will go down. Partly beause of pompey losing points! Somehow there are 3 teams worse than us

BCFC 31

NOTT 28

POMPEY 25

COV 25

DON 24

Forest get the first win in a while which can be a boost

Portsmouth are more than capable of getting their points back

Despite losing today Coventry have been getting good results recently

That leaves us and Donny..

both shit and both relegated !!!!

Quite.

Lansdown only underwrites the cheques. He doesn't pick the team, coach them or put on a red shirt and play.

At the end of the day we have a squad largely of gutless spineless wasters. For to long we as fans have had our blinkers on and believed in players that are not anywhere near good enough! If you have players such as McGivern, Nyatanga, JCR, Woolford, Pearson, Skuse, Stead then you can't expect to be anywhere else than we are now.

Archived