IGNORED

Are We Really Better Off Without Millen?

cheese

millen kept this same squad up last season, yes he should of been sacked but lets not forget he kept this squad up, if mcinnes is god like many are saying, then he should keep us up easy....

Let's not forget they Millen FAILED to strengthen in the summer - our defence was always poor without caulker - he failed to realise that without caulker we'd struggle - even though it was obvious.

The squad last season without caulker would not have stayed up - so, it's not easy and Millen is to blame. Without doubt.

Pointless question. This is an organisation where the 11 employees who can affect productivity are completely unable to conduct their job successfully.

In other terms: they are sh*t footballers.

We will go down. Because we have the worst 11 players in the league.

Management doesn't come into this. If a manager of a call center had a baby and toddler class to answer their calls satisfaction would drop.

We have an OAP goalkeeper, who has artharitus and cant move

Defenders who cant tackle

Midfielders who cant pass

and no strikers capable of scoring more than 10 a season.

Let's not forget they Millen FAILED to strengthen in the summer - our defence was always poor without caulker - he failed to realise that without caulker we'd struggle - even though it was obvious.

The squad last season without caulker would not have stayed up - so, it's not easy and Millen is to blame. Without doubt.

He didn't have a budget.

He tried signing Caldwell, Billy Jones, McAuley, Andrew Taylor and attempted to re sign Caulker.

Warnock was the manager we need when Johnson went and also this time round when Millen went.

Sadly, a few months separating time meants it wasn't possible on eash occasion.

If Warnock had been available, I hope we would have got him. Without doubt, the best manager all round at this level

I don't get all this let him rebuild stuff... That's part of the job of a manager but a more important part is to get the best out of his squad, we've seen at times what the team is capable of but McInnes is not achieving it consistently.

To repeat what I said on the match thread, ths wait until he has his own team excuse is a fairly new thing. By and large before money (or debt) took over the game managers were expected to manage not buy a whole new squad whenever they pitched up at a new club. How many of us working in management jobs expect to sack everyone and recruit our own people, as opposed to being expected to demonstrate our alleged skills with what we have?

Most of you ******s wont be happy until we have a manager who ensures we win every week, in other words never. Every idiot on this board thinks they can pick a better team than the manager, because it's so easy to do from the terraces and in some cases from your armchairs. When we sign someone, it's the wrong person, when we don't sign someone you assume they never even tried. When someone is picked, it's the wrong person for most people, you will never ever be happy until the day Championship Manager becomes real life.

The truth is you know nothing but how to operate a mouse and keyboard and this board is source of most of the unrest in this club.

Well in as much as we had 6 points from 10 games and under DM we have 25 points from 20 games (not including B'ham). HOWEVER, since the start of December we have scored just 7 with 20 against, a -13 GD. Under DM in total we have a -7 GD over 7 Wins, 4 Draws and 9 defeats. In that time we've only had 5 clean sheets, oddly 2 against Southampton and one against West Ham. Averaging 1.25 points per game under DM might see us to 48 or 49 points but our total lack of potency up front suggets that this will be optimistic.

DM thought he had good players when he took the job. He's been unable to get them going as he might have hoped. Whether we like it or not, we really need to at least pick up draws which will make it hard for him to be over positive. I think things went sour with the late defeat to Boro then the cock up at Derby. Without those 2 results the feel good factor could have rolled on to Christmas. Cov was another sloppy defeat. Ultimately we need a seasoned bruiser in midfield who can also pick a pass and we need to up the tempo. ANOTHER slow start today... how can this be?

He didn't have a budget.

He tried signing Caldwell, Billy Jones, McAuley, Andrew Taylor and attempted to re sign Caulker.

Don't believe the myths about budget - Millen spent alot whilst he was here - problem was the money was spent on wingers and strikers....

Millen should have targeted more realistic targets and had back up choices - problem was he didn't think he needed defenders (proved by his shocking post match interview after our first game)

What happened to keep the faith? Lasted a long time.

If things are as bad as we're all saying then let's get behind them all. I genuinely believe that McInnes will turn it around, but not with these players.

I think we'll stay up. Donny's policy has gone to crap, Coventry will go down, and Portsmouth could go into freefall. We have a lot of games in March and I really believe that we'll have a good month.

It's what we deserve for appointing a manager from the worst league in europe. Shambolic appointment!!

Yeah because there are no successful Managers from Scottish Premier league in football right now are there ? Possibly one of the stupidest comments in a forum full of stupid comments.........

Most of you ******s wont be happy until we have a manager who ensures we win every week, in other words never. Every idiot on this board thinks they can pick a better team than the manager, because it's so easy to do from the terraces and in some cases from your armchairs. When we sign someone, it's the wrong person, when we don't sign someone you assume they never even tried. When someone is picked, it's the wrong person for most people, you will never ever be happy until the day Championship Manager becomes real life.

The truth is you know nothing but how to operate a mouse and keyboard and this board is source of most of the unrest in this club.

What a crock of shit. So no one can have an opinion unless they are a manager? Do you really think our Club is so pathetic that the fans forum is the source of the majority of it's problems? Get a grip.

If things are as bad as we're all saying then let's get behind them all. I genuinely believe that McInnes will turn it around, but not with these players.

I think we'll stay up. Donny's policy has gone to crap, Coventry will go down, and Portsmouth could go into freefall. We have a lot of games in March and I really believe that we'll have a good month.

If it was just results then I'd have some faith. The type of football being played is not helping, we don't even seem to be having a go in games.

What a crock of shit. So no one can have an opinion unless they are a manager? Do you really think our Club is so pathetic that the fans forum is the source of the majority of it's problems? Get a grip.

#

I should get a grip? What about the this ******* bunch of ***** who want to sack the manager every ******* 10 games? You are right it's a free country, you are all entitled be stupid ignorant ******s.

If it was just results then I'd have some faith. The type of football being played is not helping, we don't even seem to be having a go in games.

Maybe we should get behind them? Give them a bit of impetus straight away.

But we won't. All we'll do is boo and a few people in the Williams will shout abuse at Del, the staff and the subs.

#

I should get a grip? What about the this ******* bunch of ***** who want to sack the manager every ******* 10 games? You are right it's a free country, you are all entitled be stupid ignorant ******s.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread call for McInnes head. What I've seen is people express disappointment, frustration and anger at the fact that we are completely shit. Bar the honeymoon period (which lest we forget Millen had a very successful one) nothing has really improved. Yet some people still like to think of McInnes as the messiah, once again granting the "he needs his own pre-season" excuse that we always give.

Of course Derek deserves credit for the fact our average points per game ratio is better under him than it was Millen's this season. However on the pitch not much has changed, we lose heavily to ordinary teams and we're not very good. I'd rather have McInnes in charge than Millen but I can sure as hell see why people are bringing Millen up because we're not exactly storming games are we.

People are entitlted to their opinion. It doesn't make them ignorant or ***** as you so eloquently put it. Ironically your ignorance is shining through the brightest, dismissing all others who oppose you.

There have been many occasions over the last few years when I have considered leaving the Colins on this board to their idiotics thoughts, this has finally pushed me over the edge. Cheers guys, good luck in finding the perfect Manager who never makes mistakes and picks the team you ALL would pick every week. I am sure he is out there.............. watching the TV right now and Arsene might be available soon....... hahahahaha

It doesn't help.

Yes I agree at times it has made things worse, however DM has had almost universal support and we are on the run from hell...If he cant change things around very quickly we will be dragged into the bottom three, however the forum cant be blamed for the run we are just poor all over the pitch...its all there to see.

The first 45 Minutes without a shot says it all...we need a leader in the middle of the field very quickly!!

Yes I agree at times it has made things worse, however DM has had almost universal support and we are on the run from hell...If he can change things around very quickly we will be dragged into the bottom three, however the forum cant be blamed for the run we are just poor all over the pitch...its all there to see.

The first 45 Minutes without a shot says it all...we need a leader in the middle of the field very quickly!!

No it can't be blamed, but negativity is an infectious disease and some of the conspiracy theories you could attribute to here have spread to the stands in the last few years.

Yes I agree at times it has made things worse, however DM has had almost universal support and we are on the run from hell...If he cant change things around very quickly we will be dragged into the bottom three, however the forum cant be blamed for the run we are just poor all over the pitch...its all there to see.

Just over five years ago we lost 9 in a row, in the league below this!

We haven't plumbed the depths yet! (Although maybe we should bear in mind that David Noble was the catalyst of that turnaround...)

WE WILL NEED TO OTHERWISE ITS CURTAINS

Archived