IGNORED

Are We Really Better Off Without Millen?

cheese

I don't think this forum - or any other - has any influence whatsoever on BCFC.

Clearly people don't know as much about the club, the players, the background as McInnes - but we are all entitled to our opinions. If we're not why even run footie forums?

If you can't take seeing negative opinions expressed after a very disappointing performance then this message board thing ain't for you!

You could say the same about every club that isn't doing very well at this particular moment in time. We've all been on other forums and generally they are all OTT and full of negativity/criticisms/disappointment. What are fans supposed to do, say everything's brilliant when it's not?

I'm generally surprised by how level-headed and cohesive other forums are. Partly why a lot of people leave OTIB for TFF.

You gotta be kidding me? 500k on wooly?.... he has plunged new depths in my estimation if that is true. 150k at the time perhaps.. now?... 75K at best. what a ridiculous sum to pay.

He'd scored 11 goals in one season from midfield for a poor Scunny side. I can see why the club thought - like I thought - he was worth paying out for.

One of the current mysteries of Bristol City is where did Woolford's ability go - and why?

He'd scored 11 goals in one season from midfield for a poor Scunny side. I can see why the club thought - like I thought - he was worth paying out for.

One of the current mysteries of Bristol City is where did Woolford's ability go - and why?

Actually Rob i think you have answered your question in the first sentence; the operative word being 'poor' .

So scoring goals in a poor side is less commendable? I don't see the logic.

Not less commendable no, per se.. the logic i was trying to portray is that Robbo thought wooly justified his 500k price tag and made mention of the fact he had scored 11 goals in a poor side. I don't agree that this justifies anything let alone from a poor side.

And time has taught us this to be the case of course. I mean lets be frank.. it was fairly early on that many considered him to be a waste of money.

Would also add, McInnes, Millen, Coppell, Johnson- what is the common factor here? The players, or at least a lot of them across several if not all of the managers!! Said it for some while, a lot of the squad is mediocre. Not in terms of their paypackets mind, but that's a different issue.

Spot on. We could have Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho in charge and they'd struggle with some of the overpaid, overrated wasters who are stealing a living from this club, and have done for years.

I'm generally surprised by how level-headed and cohesive other forums are. Partly why a lot of people leave OTIB for TFF.

Well many of the other forums I've visited have been equally ridiculous. I agree that otib is a bit of a drag these days and I not only post but just generally visit the site a lot less frequently than I once did. However I don't think it affects what happens on the pitch and if it does, it bloody well shouldn't.

Archived