IGNORED

Would League One Be So Bad?

Barrs Court Red

Keeping city small time attitude. we should be fighting tooth and nail to stay up. league one was bloody awful where we got to go to carlisle and hartlepool instead of the leeds and west hams. every season now there are big days out and ashton gate will be buzzing when west ham are here. playing cheltenham again is just second best.

one of the problems with bcfc is we think were a big club, were not! as for carlisle and hartlepool we may have a chance of winning a game against these type of clubs, and if its not this season it`ll be next we will be playing them, just accept it

i`m sick of city getting hammered week after week and i`m losing interest in city having been a season ticket holder fer 13 years i doubt if it will be 14

one of the problems with bcfc is we think were a big club, were not! as for carlisle and hartlepool we may have a chance of winning a game against these type of clubs, and if its not this season it`ll be next we will be playing them, just accept it

i`m sick of city getting hammered week after week and i`m losing interest in city having been a season ticket holder fer 13 years i doubt if it will be 14

I dont think city are abig club but is big enough to stya uop with the watfords and burnleys. I have done the trips to carlisle and hartlepool and halifax and a lot other and this club is a bit not much but a bit above that.My time is precious and i know i would rather spend my money going to upton park.the old third diviosn was rubbish gates of 8000 at times all you could hear wsa the odd clacking seats and often a only afew hundrfed awsay fans. we should want more than that for BCFC. I still enjoy it leed away was a cracker so was west ham. aim higher or you will always be shit.

League One 2 bad? Its horrendous!! Losing at home to hartlepool, walsall etc etc on a cold tuesday night is the real depths of footballing hell.

Been there, done it for too long. With our history mainly being Div 3, i wouldnt/couldnt go back to that for another 9 years like last time.

Hopefully there are 3 worse teams than us this year and we can have a summer rebuild!!

We were refereed to for many years as the wolves of the 3rd division. For some reason many felt we were or still are this massive club, and had a right to be in the 2nd tier of English football. But then we have a big ground with standing back then. Maybe we will start this all over again very soon with the new ground ;-)

As many have already said, no thanks to Div 1.....having seen us there for soooooo long please no. And I followed them when they went from the old First Division all the way down to the fourth in consecutive seasons. Remember being at Maine Rd, in one of our last games in the First.....then first away trip in Division 2 was Carlisle....and we went. Culture shock or what ?? 2 - 0 down by half time, 2 - 2 final score. Many of you more mature fans will no doubt remember it. ( and probably will want to forget the dark days ) so Championship survival for me every time !!

In answer to the OP's question........Yes, it would be so bad.

Exactly!!

Those of us that have been around since the 60's know exactly how bad it would be and what about SL, I'm sure he would think very hard about bank rolling any future failure from the dizzy heights of League 1.

Going down could change everything and I for one want a new stadium, a wealthy benefactor and championship (at least) football....Onwards and Upwards!

Keeping city small time attitude. we should be fighting tooth and nail to stay up. league one was bloody awful where we got to go to carlisle and hartlepool instead of the leeds and west hams. every season now there are big days out and ashton gate will be buzzing when west ham are here. playing cheltenham again is just second best.

Too true! I posted a few weeks ago some City fans, including a few forum Members, would rather watch City beat Exeter than lose to Leeds. They also look forward to FA Cup 1st round trips to quaint little grounds in rural Essex etc rather than have direct entry to Round 3. Do they also really look forward to competing in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy again?

Yes it would be that bad, there are no guarantee's we would be strong in League One straight away and financially it would be a disaster and may effect the stadium plans. Cheltenham, Brentford, Colchester, etc been there done that NEVER AGAIN

Sides like City will have one good season every 5/6 in this league as we are not big enough to sustain it, unfortunaely for us we had our good season first time round so the wait fro the next one feels like an eternity. In the mean time it is simply about making sure that you stay in this league for your chance at the big time a la Blackpool, Burnley, Reading etc (similar sized clubs)

It would be a disaster, the Championship is a huge jump from League 1. In the Championship you have big matches every month with only a handful of small clubs (Doncaster, Peterborough etc). In League 1 it is the opposite, only a handful of big teams (Sheffield's big two etc). If we went down it could be a long, long struggle to get back up. Survival it is for me.

So what would i prefer.

1, Relegation, summer clear out of OOC players, McInnes to build a team to get us back up,

2. Safety, summer clear out of OOC players, McInnes to build a team to get us a challenging.

No brainer really..and out of the two options i really can`t comprehend why any supporter of this club regardless of age would prefer option 1.

PDG

So what would i prefer.

1, Relegation, summer clear out of OOC players, McInnes to build a team to get us back up,

2. Safety, summer clear out of OOC players, McInnes to build a team to get us a challenging.

No brainer really..and out of the two options i really can`t comprehend why any supporter of this club regardless of age would prefer option 1.

PDG

But the question was not what would you prefer. Guessing that would be that would be most peoples preference.

Archived